|Bitrix24 Cloud version||Bitrix24 Self-hosted version|
|Server|| - No server or hosting headaches |
- No installation or ongoing maintenance
- Quick start, pay as you go
|Requires a server and everything associated with that|
|Disk space||Limited disk space according to the plan; more space can be purchased||Limited to the space on your server|
|Control Panel||No administrative tools or interfaces accessible|| - Full featured administrative section |
- Complete module, structure, and contents management
- Highly advanced set of administrative tools available
|Customization|| - No customization of look-and-feel|
- Underlying functionality not customizable
- Some functionality augmentation via the Business Process constructor
| - Product’s full source code available|
- Customized components and templates
- Customized look-and-feel
|Enterprise level integration||Limited|| - Active Directory|
- NTLM authentication
- MS Exchange
- MS SharePoint
|Creation and restoration|
of reserve copies
| - Bitrix, Inc. creates daily backups and restores if necessary.|
- No user-side backups or control options
| - Creation and restoration of backups|
- Scheduled backups
- Cloud storage option for backups
|Security and Safety|| - Accessible only through SSL-protocol |
- Two independent data centers provide high availability
- Proactive filter (WAF - Web Application Firewall)
|Any security measures can be implemented according to the needs of the user|
|Set of features||Features limited by tariff plan|| Features limited by edition|
| Bitrix24 Cloud version|
Cloud technologies are very popular at the moment, they provide flexible data management, and 24/7 access from anywhere wh ere you can get connected to the Internet.
Bitrix24 Cloud version could be an optimal solution if you have a very large number of employees. The paid subscriptions provide an unlimited number of user accounts for both the intranet (employees and management) and the extranet (partners and clients).
Let's see how much it costs to manage your company's workflows with a Bitrix24 Standard subscription for 5 years:
(1) Commercial subscription (if purchased as 5 yearly contracts with a 10% discount) - $5,346
(2) Additional users (not required) - $0
The TTL is $5,346 no matter how many employees are using it. However, you may run out of online storage space during the 5-year period. The Standard subscription provides 50Gb of online storage, if that’s not enough you can switch to Professional subscription with a 100Gb lim it ($199/mo), or simply purchase additional 50Gb of online storage as an additional feature (this option will soon be available to all Bitrix24 commercial clients).
Costs associated with Bitrix24 Cloud version
- Basic hardware assets (PC / laptop / mobile device that can provide access to the Web);
- Internet access (various options provided by ISPs or mobile carriers);
- Monthly fees for Bitrix24 (either $99/mo or $199/mo);
- Additional training and maintenance may be involved (usually paid hourly to a Bitrix Partner).
| Bitrix24 Self-hosted version|
If your company is still rigid regarding the data management policies, and does not want any sensitive information to be available in the Cloud, you are very welcome to purchase a life-time commercial license key of Bitrix24 Self-hosted version. You can deploy your intranet/extranet solution in-house (or on any other remote server that meets all the requirements of your corporate security policy).
Let's do some calculation. Suppose, you have a company with 250 employees and you'd like to deploy your Bitrix24 solution in-house and need AD/LDAP integration. The following costs will need to be considered:
(1) Product license (Bitrix24 BizPace Edition, standard 25-user pack) - $3299
(2) Additional intranet users ($40 per user, i.e. 225 * $40 = $ 9,000)
So, the TTL for this intranet solution with a lifetime license is $12,299.
If you would like to extend your subscription to technical support and product updates for five years (the first year is included in the purchase), your TTL would be $2705 for each additional year (i.e. $10,820 for four years).
Costs associated with Bitrix24 Self-hosted version
- Hardware and software for local networks (ranges from $3K up);
- Hosting services for remote installation ($250/mo is usually enough);
- Commercial license key + additional users costs (product editions start at $2299, one additional user license is $40/user);
- Salary for outsourced or in-house IT-staff for project implementation and maintenance (depends on many factors; can be a one-time payment for a turn-key intranet solution developed by a Bitrix Partner, or can involve hourly payments for the services provided by IT-specialists).