8 min read
December 30, 2016
Last updated: October 9, 2019
Bitrix24 new automation rules are designed to help you automate work with CRM records (leads & deals).
Use automation rules to streamline client management process and help employees adhere to lead processing algorithm. Automation rules will perform actions in an unattended manner: send e-mails, make calls, etc.
An automation rule is linked to a specific status. As soon as a CRM entity moves to a new status, an automation rule specified for that status is activated. Automation rules can specify the activation time and an action: task, notification, e-mail, call or other action of your choice.
You can configure automation rules once & the only thing your sales agents will need to do is execute tasks & activities automatically set by the system.
Run – this is the key parameter which specifies when the rule should be applied and the action performed.
- Immediately – action will be performed immediately after CRM record has changed its status. If you will configure several rules with “immediate” parameter – all of them will be applied at the same time when record’s status is changed.
- After previous - this parameter helps to build logic actions chain of actions, when your rule shouldn’t be activated before the previous rule is applied. For example, you need to call your client after an email is sent to make sure it was received and read. If email hasn’t been sent, the call won’t be scheduled.
- In - delay interval before the rule is applied, after a CRM record has changed status. This is probably the most popular parameter, which helps to build CRM record’s processing based on one status. For example, after an email is sent to the client (e.g. lead status = email sent) – call back in 1 day to know if the client is interested in the proposition. In 2 days - to send another email, etc. The action chain can consist of multiple automation rules, where each rule is to perform a particular activity in a defined amount of time (minutes, hours, days).
- Before – the rule will be applied to the specified time period prior to the date specified in the CRM record (lead or deal). For example, it can send a payment reminder in one day before the due date.
Automation Rules Types
– rule that deletes CRM record (lead or deal) when applied. Usually this rule is used for unqualified leads, which are considered as junk leads.
– this very useful parameter can be configured to send your sales agents reminders what actions should be performed during lead processing. You can add notification description (e.g. what should be done at this step) and configure who will be shown as notification sender. Please note that notification rule is configured for all CRM records types generally (e.g. for all leads) – it is more convenient to leave recipient filed = responsible. In this case the system will identify record’s responsible user and will automatically send him or her this notification.
Add message to Activity Stream
– another way of notifying your sales team what actions they should perform next, but this time the message is added to the Activity Stream, which gives the possibility to start discussion and comment on the notification. Time and recipients are configured in the rule settings.
Change status (stage)
– if your lead processing method is rather simple, then you can automate it even more – change record’s (lead or deal) status (or stage) automatically after certain condition has been met.
Change responsible person
- simple rule, that changes CRM record's responsible person.
- these are rules that automatically send client data to the target audiences and remarketing lists in various ad networks. Please note that this rule only sends the information about the client (email or phone). You should have the ad configured inside selected advertising platform first. You will need to add your advertising network’s authorization details to Bitrix24 rule settings page and configure further available parameters. Facebook and Google advertisements are coming soon.
- this rule automatically sends emails to your clients. Just add message title and text.
– the rule helps you to control CRM record's progress within your sales funnel or deal pipeline. For example, you can set a rule that a lead can stay unassigned (status=unassigned) for a maximum of 3 days. You can add rule for this status notifying you that the sales agent hasn’t yet changed lead status. This type of rule allows you to control each CRM record’s (lead or deal) stage\status and will automatically notify you when your team is falling behind.
Schedule a call
– rule will automatically schedule a call and will notify your sales agent that he or she needs to call the client.
Schedule a meeting
– the rule automatically schedules a meeting, adds it to sales agent's activities and to his\her personal calendar. This makes sales agents planning easier, allowing them to simply perform activities listed in the system without being afraid to forget something.
– this rule helps to send data to any other system. Webhook manual is coming soon.
Triggers - client side actions that will bring status processing into motion. When a trigger sets off, the CRM record will be brought to a required status, which in turn will activate appropriate automation rules.
Triggers don't respect previous statuses a CRM record might have been in. Moving a CRM record to a higher status will not activate triggers attached to lower statuses even if they were never activated for a current CRM record.
This options is available for Bitrix24 Plus plan (leads only), Standard & Professional plan (leads, deals) subscribers.
Automate your sales processes easily with Bitrix24 CRM!