"Many employees immediately began organizing numerous work & project groups. They are now communicating internationally and collaborating on documents without having to resort to unsightly e-mail newsletters or time-consuming searches for the most relevant and latest document versions."
It was a major challenge for us to bring together all 1,600 workers at a virtual location in order to enable them to communicate better and work more effectively. Since our company is in the production sector, only about 1/3 of the employees have network access with an e-mail account, meaning that 2/3 of our staff were not being sufficiently informed.
Moreover, since FRoSTA also has some sales offices in other European countries, we wanted to present our staff in these locations with the same opportunity to be well-informed, to join in on discussions and be a part of this effort on a daily basis.
We realized the best way to facilitate this communication would be via a mobile application. Bitrix24 app was made available for all staff to download and use by logging in on their own personal mobile devices.
Our objectives can be briefly summarized as follows:
- make information accessible for everyone
- improve communication
- enable borderless collaboration in easily organizable virtual work spaces
Since the beginning of April 2015, my co-workers have been benefitting from a platform which is based on Bitrix24 and carries the catchy, memorable name myFRoSTA! It’s a very ‘social’ app which has activity stream – where the main action takes place and it works like Facebook. It’s fun and simple to use, which encourages most employees to comment or like items. Training is also available for those who need a hand getting started with myFRoSTA! It’s especially useful for browsing news about the latest trends in the frozen food industry. The news is sent out to all employees (the most of them are willing to stay informed) while enjoying a morning coffee. myFRoSTA! provides a news outlet exclusively tailored to our company and our industry.
Many employees immediately began organizing numerous work & project groups. They are now communicating internationally and collaborating on documents without having to resort to unsightly e-mail newsletters or time-consuming searches for the most relevant and latest document versions.
Some basic function widgets (such as those featuring local and company news) as well as the general file storage area are receiving less usage than expected. However, that’s also a positive part of the process: to see how employees embrace and develop these tools while incorporating them into their own workspaces.
My views regarding the app were proven by a survey conducted one year after its release:
- 63.2% of all participants stated they always feel well-informed with myFRoSTA!
- 73.3% of participants from our international sales offices stated that myFRoSTA! has enhanced their identification with company objectives.
You may also like:
- Bitrix24 Creates A Seamless Flow Of Work For iServe Africa
· Customer Story: Thailand Pool Tables
· How Hartford University Uses Bitrix24 To Revitalize Albany Avenue
· Diamante Associates increased productivity by 10 - 15% with Bitrix24
· Bitrix24 Helps Endeleza International Provide Affordable And Quality Education In Kenya