Presently, using email for internal communications is not very effective. A number of social networking tools, such as Bitrix24, support internal interactions superbly, adding things like file sharing, tasking, calendars, and even CRM to the equation. So inside the company, email is fading out.
Nevertheless, email is still the main tool for communications between companies.
However, companies are starting to find it difficult to manage their own mail servers – with the number of mailboxes always increasing, the never-ending battle with spam, and the need to make sure that the anti-virus is updated. Because of this companies are starting to base their mail servers in the cloud.
In the previous version of Bitrix24, we made our first move in the direction of integration with mail services – adding the Mail
point in the menu which shows the number of new messages in your mailbox and provides a convenient link to your inbox.
Now Bitrix and Yandex N.V.
(YNDX) have teamed up to offer you a free mail server
for your Bitrix24 and the capability to create your own mailboxes on your own domain.
Free email server
- Unlimited number of mailboxes @bitrix24 (com, de, ru, ua)
- Email with your own domain
- Management of the mailboxes of all employees
- Quick access to email from Bitrix24
- Notifications of new email
- Unlimited mailbox space
Each Bitrix24 user can create his or her own @bitrix.com (de, ru, ua) mailbox.
Creating a mailbox with your own domain
- Enter your desired mailbox name and create a password for it:
- The system will confirm the creation of your mailbox:
- Complete your registration by filling out the form that appears when you click View e-mails:
Bitrix24.Mail is ready for use!
Suppose that your company has its own domain: mycompany.com. Now you can use Bitrix24 to create mailboxes using that domain (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com).
Additional options for administrators
- Enter your domain name and check whether employees will be allowed to create their own mailboxes:
- Follow the ensuing instructions to Confirm ownership of the domain and Configure MX records:
Users with administrator rights (an option in visible in the Employee profile) can create, edit and delete mailboxes for other users with either an @bitrix domain, or a corporate one.
Bitrix24 offers a free mail server with a convenient interface for fast access and management of all user mailboxes inside your company.
We plan to develop integration of various other tools in Bitrix24 with this email server.