Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Bitrix24 general questions » Calendar invites
Pages: 1 2 Next
RSS
Calendar invites, How to invite external customers
When creating appointments in the calendar I am struggling with identifying how to invite external customers.  When I create the appointment and click invite - my customer list does not come up.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a way to ensure the customers get the invite in their calendars as well as mine?
Hi Matthew!

Extranet users don't have their own calendars, only extranet workgroup calendar is available from the workgroup module, which means that you cannnot add extranet user as guest to the calendar event (when you add user as guest to the calendar event, this event is added to the user's personal calendar, but extranet users do not have personal calendars).

Best,

Yana.  
Yana Prokopetswrote:
Hi Matthew!

Extranet users don't have their own calendars, only extranet workgroup calendar is available from the workgroup module, which means that you cannnot add extranet user as guest to the calendar event (when you add user as guest to the calendar event, this event is added to the user's personal calendar, but extranet users do not have personal calendars).

Best,

Yana.
Yana - I'm not sure I understand your message.  What is an Extranet user? I just want to be able to invite my customers that are not Bitrix24 users, so that the appointment will go into their personal calendars (not their Bitrix24 calendars).  Is there a way to make that happen?  
I see now, there is no way to appoint calendar events with your CRM leads, contacts, etc., what you can do is send them messages (email them) individually or in bulk but these emails won't have any relation to your calendar.

Best,

Yana.
This is an absolutely terrible limitation. Every calendaring option in the entire world (except Bitrix) allows you to invite customers/clients/whatever to an event. It sends them an email asking them to reply as to whether they will accept the meeting and asks them if they want to add it to their calendar. If they click Accept, it notifies the creator and marks the client as attending.

Even your email provider Yandex offers this.

Is there any plan at all to bring this service into the current decade?
Edited: Dane Tidwell - 02/25/2015 02:40:59
Hi Dane!

I've added your vote for this feature, but can't promise it will be implemented soon (probabaly not this year at least if the demand for this option didn't increase)

Best,

Yana.
Hi - this is an important feature.  We need the ability to add external people to calendar invites as well.  
Hi David!

Yes, we understand that, we'll try to add this option when the Calendar module will be updated. Unfortunately I cannot say yet what will be & what won't be presented at our fall release.

Best,

Yana.
I vote for this feature, too!
Thanks for your vote Marcello!
I vote for this feature too! Thank you,
Hi Jonathan!

Thanks for your vote.

Best,

Yana.
Vote +1!

It's actually preventing me from using the many bitrix features on a regular basis and I won't consider upgrading before this option exists.

Thanks!
Edited: Sebastian Wick - 01/22/2016 16:05:03
Thanks for your vote Sebastian!

Best,

Yana.
I would like this feature also. +1 Vote.
Thanks for your vote Mark!

Best,

Yana.
I can see that this question has been open for some time now. I also see this as a big limitation with the tool.

I also vote for this capability.

However, what is the outcome of these votes? is there a plan to enable this feature within a certain time frame?

for the free version, ill be happy if you even add a signature to the calendar invite to be sent to the external user, something along the lines of "sent via the best free CRM tool - bitrix24" - just a suggestion

Best Regards
dj
Edited: Dario Jelic - 01/29/2016 15:04:52
Hi Dario!

The purpose of the open votes is to have a full picture of how strong definite feature is demanded by our users, even if we don't have certain option planned for the new release, we may consider it's implementation if we see a growing demand. Thanks for your vote!

Best,

Yana.
Vote +1

Please add this feature!

This is a SERIOUS limitation that needs to be corrected asap.

Thank you.
db
Hi David!

Thanks for your vote!

Best,

Yana.
Same request here. A must have feature!

Regards,

Pedro
Hi Pedro,

Thanks for your vote!

Best,

Yana.
I vote for this too! It's really inconvenient the way it is now.  
Thanks for the vote Ingvild!
Vote + 1 please
Thanks for the vote!

Best,

Yana.
How can you roll out a CRM system with a calendar and not have the ability to invite external people?  Please pass the drugs your on, because mine are not strong enough!
Yes, same here, this is a bug, and not a feature :-<

This feature is a must for CRM! *VOTE*
Hi Timothy & Ronny!

Thanks for the votes, anyway.

Best,

Yana.
As the saying goes - you can please some of the people all of the time...
But just remember most of the people complaining are using this for free.
I know our childrens charity is and making wonderful use of this product that our charity could never afford!

Thanks Yana and all the team ;)
Thanks Mark!
hi Yana,
i also VOTE for Bitrix to have an option to invite clients to the meetings.  its too lengthy to create the meeting in bitrix and invite your colleagues and then go to other application and create again the meeting and invite again the colleagues PLUS the clients.

invite clients to a meeting directly from the calendar app is basic.

thanks,
David
Hi David,

Thank you for the vote!

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,
Thank you very much for a really good software. I'm a startup, so software expenses can get high in the recruitment business - so thank you very much for that.

I absolutely Vote for this feature too - it would ever reduce my fee at my host, and i'd have no problem donating what i save there, to Bitrix24 development
Hi Gazmend, thanks for your vote & kind feedback on Bitrix24!

Best,

Yana.
I vote for it too... I'm a tad surprised that this thread has been going for a year now.... kinda worrying..
My vote too!! It is a must... today's clients automatically ask to send them calendar invite when agree with meeting schedule.
Hi Cris & Jurij !

Thanks for your votes!

Best,

Yana.
Very Very Important Functionality guys. This is a common Outlook-workflow functionality that a lot of companies rely on.

Just to help you a little bit. **** does support participants by email. They solved this by sending an auto-email with an attached .ics file that most mail programs(and web apps) recognize as Calendar invitation. The EMail is send as "in order of (host email)". On the other hand to get the reply into the system they attached an extra link for the invitation so the participant can click on it and gets to a site that just shows the event informations and the answer he selected.

This post is very old now. Admin's please keep us updated about if and when your team is planning to implement this crucial function.

Kind Regards,
Timur
Deae Yana,

We are struggling without this feature and it is costing us a lot of pain. I am on the paid professional plan.

At this stage, I request to consider the many voices in this forum or even run a simple survey on Bitrix24.  We need a potential date for this feature as I have started looking at alternatives if this basic feature does not work.

Thank you  
Thanks for the argumentation, since this option is not scheduled yet, please add +1 votes for this option if you're interested in.

Best,

Yana.
Agree that this is a huge limitation and omission on Britrix's part!!  :o

It is simply impossible to run an Project with Extranet/External Clients that does not facilitate a true group calendar.  :o

Looking at the thread, we are now close to 2yrs since this was identified and there still is nothing done about it!!  :o

WHEN will this feature be added?  
Please add this feature immediately. Not sure why this needs to be voted on?? Without this feature I won't be able to use Bitrix24 myself... :(
Hi Phillip!

We are thinking about event sharing with external users scenario (not whole calendar). Thanks for bringing the topic up.

Best,

Yana.
I VOTE YES for this - This really is a hugely important feature and I am struggling to understand why, after getting on for 2yrs since this was brought up, it is still not being dealt with??

Could you explain how many votes are actually required for a feature to be given a timeline to development and even priority??
Hi Peter!

Thanks for the vote.

Best,

Yana.
I vote for this too! Urgently!
Thanks for your vote, Alvin!

Best,

Yana.
My vote on this too!  
What is the point in voting for something so important if 2 years on from the original request NOTHING has been done and all we get is "Thank you for the Vote"???
Pages: 1 2 Next
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24