Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » Email not working
Pages: 1
RSS
Email not working
I linked my godaddy email by changing mx records and following instructions. It says it's linked. I created an extranet group, added some dummy accounts to the group, and used my mail account to send out an annoucement to the group. No email notification was send or recived about the announcement I made to group. Need help.
Edited: Admin OnlineClassCoach - 12/23/2014 19:38:15
Hi Admin,

If you want particular users to recieve email notifications, you should add them individually as participants to the messages, e.g. to Group X, user X1, userX2 (even if users X1 & X2 are members of this group). This is done to avoid overloading users mailboxes with notifications.

Best,

Yana.
How can I get email notifications working? tagging individuals just isnt feasible.  
Dear Admin OnlineClassCoach,

What I'm trying to say is that this is not a bug, but current system logic. I'll pass the suggestion to the devs to add a settings option to target all group memebers with email notifications.

Best,

Yana.
So default system behavior is no email notification on new announcements for all members of the group until they are specifically tagged individually? So the only way for a group member to get word of an announcement is if they log into the system. If they never log in, they never know whats going on?
Edited: Admin OnlineClassCoach - 12/25/2014 17:09:04
deleted
Edited: Admin OnlineClassCoach - 12/26/2014 05:17:01
Please execuse me, there is a special option that you can enable:

Each group member can enabled group notifications in the workgroup's page

In this case this user will get email notifications about the new group messages (addressed to the this workgroup)

Best,

Yana.

This is already enabled and pressed by default. Email does not work. Please dont tell me to keep checking checkboxes that are already checked and pressing buttons that are already pressed by default. email does not work. Can someone log into my system and fix this. email does not work.

*** correction, tagging individuals works but with multiple groups and multiple members, this is very inconvenient. How do I get it working as intended, one announcement to all group members?
Edited: Admin OnlineClassCoach - 12/26/2014 17:58:37
Please contact our Helpdesk - they will assist further (if you want our support team to check the notifications themselves inside your Bitrix24, please advise your login & password in the ticket, as we do not have access to our client's accounts due to the privacy policy).

Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana. Is this still an issue? We're currently looking at Bitrix24 but we'll definitely need to make announcements to groups (with notification by email) without mentioning every user.
I think this is a fairly fundamental issue. Thanks.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24