Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » Overview of Telephony Services Provided
Pages: 1
RSS
Overview of Telephony Services Provided
I have been looking into using Bitrix Telephony services with our company.
After evaluating the 4 different telephony options which Bitrix provides, I have compiled the following summaries of each option.

Can you please confirm that the information below is correct!?

Options for Bitrix Telephony

Connect Your Number
  • This option connects my desk phone number with Bitrix. (not the phone itself)
  • When I make a call through Bitrix, the customer sees my desk phone number in their caller ID.
  • I get charged for outgoing calls by Bitrix.
  • Bitrix and the desk phone itself are not connected with each other.

Rent A Number
  • I can rent 1 (one) number from my countries telephone provider via Bitrix for a monthly fee.
  • The number can have an unlimited amount of extensions. (1 per Bitrix user).
  • Users make and receive calls via Bitrix, Bitrix Desktop app or Bitrix mobile app.
  • This option is not available in Germany.

SIP PBX
  • SIP connector costs $40/mo
  • We can have a SIP phone set-up for each user, but
  • Only 5 SIP phones can simultaneously be connected (I'm not entirely sure what this even means, since the calls will be routed through our ISP telephony providor ??)
  • The SIP connection can connect to most soft-phone software, VoIP desk phones and supported PBX systems.
  • Call charges will be managed by our telephone service provider.
  • This connection basically allows me to make a call via my SIP phone by clicking on a number in Bitrix.  It also shows me information on Bitrix when my phone rings. correct?
SIP phone and softphone support
  • 100% free (SIP connector not required)
  • Number rental not required
  • This allows me to connect each Bitrix user to a SIP phone.
  • I can click a number in Bitrix and my SIP phone will dial out.
  • I am not sure really what the difference between this and the SIP connector is.

Further to this, the "Rent A Number" and "SIP PBX" options have the following features:
  • Set phone hours
  • Greeting/On Hold/Voicemail recordings
  • Call transfer & forwarding
  • Call queues
  • Black list

If there is anything I have missed or incorrect information, please advise.
We are upgrading our current Skype & ISDN Landline methods and trying to find the best solution for us.
That's a very good question, because I am similarly confused... I would also like to know how to manage telephony with Bitrix. We are located in Germany and we're using a cloud voip service (nfon) in connection with desktop sip phones.
Now we are looking for a CRM that is able to integrate that service, so we can start dialing from within the CRM but use the existing cloud sip provider.
Do we have to rent a sip connector for that purpose?
And will we be charged extra for outgoing calls through Bitrix?

Hi Christopher!

You can consider SIP connector rent - please test the connection before purchasing (Training Course - menu is located at the bottom of the page), in case with the SIP connector - you pay us for the rent, but call fees are charged by your telephony providor, not us.

Also Bitrix24 has REST API available for Telephony

Yana.
I can rent 1 (one) number from my countries telephone provider via Bitrix for a monthly fee.
you can rent several numbers. But if you mean "how may numbers I can rent for a monthly fee" - one, in other words you need to pay for each number)

This option is not available in Germany.
unfortunately not due to some formalities

Users make and receive calls via Bitrix, Bitrix Desktop app or Bitrix mobile app.
This option is not available via mobile apps at this very moment (only soft phones - e.g. Join for ios or  zoiper for Android)

SIP connector costs $40/mo
I'm afriad $49 per month

Only 5 SIP phones can simultaneously be connected (I'm not entirely sure what this even means, since the calls will be routed through our ISP telephony providor ??)
Cloud hosted PBX: maximum 5 PBX can be simultaneously connected to one Bitrix24. But each Cloud hosted PBX connection is not limited by the number of incoming lines.Office PBX: number of connected PBX is not limited.

The SIP connection can connect to most soft-phone software, VoIP desk phones and supported PBX systems.
yes.

There are lots of SIP phones models and it is extremely difficult to test all of them with Bitrix24. The list of tested phones is provided here. DECT telephones can be connected via SIP gateway (VoIP SIP adapters). The work with Linksys PAP2T successfully passed the test. Also, it is possible to use the telephony with softphones with Windows, iOS, Android: Media-5, Zoiper, CSipSimple, and other OS.

You can connect office or cloud PBX to Bitrix24, there are a lot of systems in the market so unfortunately we cannot test all of them, but you can - you are given 60 free minutes to establish & test the connection before purchasing.

Please note that Rent  a number & SIP PBX options allow you to integrate calls with Bitrix24 CRM - save call recordings, associate calls with CRM leads, contacts, companies, use such options as call queue, call forwarding
We've just added a new article to our FAQ about Zoiper softphone configuration for Android

Best,

Yana.
Hello all,

I need some serious help here with the Telephony system setup. I have read several articles and we have the fully upgraded Bitrix system. I am going to need some elementary, near hold my hand through this.  We need to be able to call the clients within our CRM just by clicking the number. Currently, we have the Cisco SPA525G Voip phones that i am going to guess will work with the system but have not been able to set the phones up.  We are in a large corporate building that has several offices in them and were told that we cannot connect to the system via the companies PBX yet we have a company PBX code. I have reached out to support several times with no luck to help us get this setup.  So, if there is anyone out there that can help we would be very appreciative. We have no idea how to get this fixed and just need help.  My employees are currently dialing out of the Voip phones and this is killing their productivity and daily tracking.
Hi Bill,

You can also contact Bitrix24 telephony partners if you need assistance

Services: Cloud & Self-Hosted Versions
Phone: +91 9825154779, +91 7940054779
Email: info@samcomtechnologies.com

Services: Cloud & Self-Hosted Versions
Phone: +61 3 9020 7900
Email: talk_to@binaryelements.com.au

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Our Bitrix users in India are getting an error message "The user is on another call" while trying to dial a number when the user is actually not on any call at all. We tried it with few different users. All of them are getting the same message. We also tried dialing with their accounts from USA which actually works.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Rizwan
Edited: Rizwan Raja - 08/01/2016 09:45:04 (more info)
Please contact our Helpdesk with details. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Having read through the above posts, I am still not that much clearer.  I have also been through the "training course".

I have some SIP handsets which I have connected to our network.

I have "connected" myself to the system (although it doesn't seem to mean anything).

I do not subscribe to any external telephone company but understand I can use Bitrix24, which I am happy to pay for. (please tell me if this is not true).

Hence, how do I set up my system.  The telephone (Polycom IP 321) just says "url call is disabled" when I pick up the handset.

Can anyone help me get connected?

Thanks

Charles
Hi Charles!

Please configure your Bitrix24 Telephony now: you can either buy telephony credits, rent a number or connect own PBX to Bitrix24 via SIP Connector.

You can also contact our partners from Australia to help:

Best,

Yana.
Thanks Yana,

I have bought some telephone credits.

I have set up the SIP phone with the user's server, login and password.

The handset give me a dial tone.

When I click the telephone number in Bitrix24 I get the following message:

"You cannot make calls because the system cannot access the webcam and/or microphone."

I was rather expecting the system to route it through to the SIP telephone.

Can you tell me what is going wrong?

Thanks

Charles
2017-05-31 (1).png (212.29 Kb)
Hi Charles!

Please kindly check these common issues, if that doesn't help, please contact our Helpdesk.

Thanks!

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24