Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » Instant Message Alerts
Pages: 1
RSS
Instant Message Alerts, Instant messaging with Bitrix24
Greetings,

I like the Bitrix24 desktop messaging application and am wondering if additional features might be available.  I notice when I receive a message a small notification displays for a few seconds then disappears, leaving a discrete (not particularly obvious) system tray notification icon.
  • Persistent pop-up notification - a window that stays open to inform when a new message is received
  • Blinking notification - make sure to get my attention!
  • Custom sounds - let me choose from discrete to obnoxious sounds, something that works best for my environment and attention to sounds.  A chime for quiet environments, a train air horn when I have noisy neighbors
  • Can we add smileys, emoticons?
  • Can we set up a group IM message?
  • Can we set up and receive calendar alerts and task reminders on the IM?
Thanks!
Edited: David Stansbury - 01/07/2013 19:21:44 (more thoughts)
Hello, Mr. Stansbury!

We're glad that you like our Application [IMG] and we appreciate your suggestions relating it's improvement!
I notice when I receive a message a small notification displays for a few seconds then disappears
Yes, we added notification that disappears advisedly. If you will get a few notifications at one time, the wall of notifications will hide a part of your screen and it can disturb your work. We offer notification window that disappears, but nevertheless you will see a figure (the amount of incoming messages) in Birtix24 app icon in the tray. You just have to click on this icon and read the messages.
Custom sounds - let me choose from discrete to obnoxious sounds, something that works best for my environment and attention to sounds.  A chime for quiet environments, a train air horn when I have noisy neighbors
I pass this idea to our development, we'll investigate the issue. At the moment you can only able and disable sound in IM settings.
Can we add smileys, emoticons?
This feature will be added in the future
Can we set up a group IM message?
This idea seems to be very useful. I've passed it to our "to do" list
Can we set up and receive calendar alerts and task reminders on the IM?
Sure, this notification is already set on t the IM. Notification for messages will be displayed in yellow icon , task and calender notification will be highlighted with green.
Also, you always can look you notifications through (right down corner "Notifications")

Thank you for your feedback!
BR, Anna
Hi,

How can I set reminders to come to my email for all task and events or as message on my mobile.

Jose
Hi, Jose!

How can I set reminders to come to my email for all task and events or as message on my mobile.
The subscription is situated in your profile

By default it's off, but you can set the "Email notification" for different kind of activities on the portal.

You will get the notification for the tasks where you're responsible, participant or observer.

If you want get the notification to your mobile phone, you have to install Bitrix24 mobile version.  If you will be away from your portal, you'll get the mobile Push notification.

Old topic but still issue: Possible blinking notification.

Notification in windows tray (or linux bar) is really too small and hardly visible at all.
If possible please allow user to choose blinking for notification in tray (in configuration).

Thanks
Boris
Hi Boris!

Thanks for the suggestion!

Best,

Yana.
Hi

Yes please make a setting to enable or disable notifications to be dismissed manually, so the user can choose to manually dismiss the notification or for it to disappear automatically.

Thanks
Hi Gareth!

Thanks for the suggestion & Happy New Year!

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24