Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » Sent emails going to SPAM
Pages: 1
RSS
Sent emails going to SPAM, sending from email templates within Bitrix24
Hi Yana

I have set up another Bitrix24 site for a company but am having a few problems with Email. The sent emails are ending up in the Junk folder on the recipients outlook email account.

I am using a template with company image with path to a hosted image on my own website as that seems the only way to get the image to work - This worked fine in the past for another
company I set up.

I find the email editor difficult to work with for sending emails - ie formating the text size colour and font however I have to use it as it allows for the templates and the attachement of Bitrix24 docs and also leaves a record of emails sent against the record.

How do I ensure emails sent from within Bitrix24 do not go to spam at the recipients end?

I am using our own company domain and have set up integration of mail using integration option email services and exchange account for the companies name

Also are there any plans to improve the email editor - needs to be able to go bigger and have more options.

Regards

Richard
I have also tested sending without the template or images and it still goes to spam / junk folder

also why does it send an email to the sending email address as well?

I get a copy of the sent email to the sending email address on outlook as well

Richard
While I am on this subject of sending emails from Bitrix24

The choice of fonts for sent emails is limited and setting font size seems to be fraught with problems - there does not seem to be a way to preview how the sent email will look
except by sending it to you own email address

then if it gets past the spam filter you find the font looks horrible and the size is wrong

Not sure how to improve this but it is a problem

Cheers

Richard
Hi Richard!

Currently I'm afraid there is no solution that I could have proposed to resolve the Spam problem. Yes, we are thinking about possible CRM Mail improvements - but it is not scheduled yet. What I can advise as an alternative is try to use integrated mail apps.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana

I am not sure what you mean by integrated mail apps?

This is mail chimp and others which deal with email lists for bulk mail sent

My problem is a single email to a client from the CRM integrated with outlook that arrives in the junk/spam folder

I trying to understand what in the sent email is causeing outlook to mark the received email as spam?

Is it the footer - maybe the word 'free' this is quite often seen as a spam email when the word is detected.

Or is it the sender?

Not sure how I check this

Thanks
It may be connected with the sender - emails are sent from Bitrix24 & as you know we have a big amount of clients, if any of them may have been reported as spam - this may cause the problem; or your recipient individual spam settings - it's quite difficult to say for sure what is causing the problem, I'd be happy to help but I'm afraid I can't give you the answer to this question. Try to send the email to your own test mailbox & check if it has landed in spam - if yes, you may try to contact our Helpdesk with details.  

Best,

Yana.
Could it be the SPF records for the domain you're sending as? You'll need to add the bitrix24 sending servers to the SPF record if you're using one.

Dan
@B24_7503805 Dan, please share
spf record experience. have it improved bypassing spam filters?  
When using an SPF record it allows a receiving filter to determine if the email came from a legitimate sending server. It is one of the fastest ways to help improve reception of email without it going in to junk or spam boxes. If you build your SPF record correctly it will give the receiving server a fast way of verifying that the message is really coming from one of your email servers. However, if you build it incorrectly you can just as easily block email going through filters because it will appear that all of your email comes from a server you don't control.

Sites like mailchimp and bitrix should have an SPF linkable record that shows the list of true servers to the receiving filter. For example here is the include for Mailchimp: include:servers.mcsv.net
Here's a full example SPF for "mydomain.com"

TXT "v=spf1 mx include:servers.mcsv.net ~all"

This means trust the servers that are listed in my MX records, and include the list at servers.mcsv.net  and finally the ~all means softfail if it comes from anywhere else or set it to -all which means hardfail and don't accept mail from anywhere else but these sources.

that include command should get a list of all of the outbound servers that mailchimp uses for sending. That way a receiving server knows that mailchimp should be sending for you.

Also the sites that do a lot of sending are responsible to make sure their servers do not end up on an RBL(realtime blackhole list).

Finally, the sending servers really need to have their forward and reverse dns entries set up correctly so that they match *exactly* name to IP and IP to name.

If all of these things are done and correct the chances of going to spam are lessened, however if someone is still receiving your mail and it is ending up in spam or junk ultimately they may just need to whitelist it themselves.

One other thing, sites like Microsoft, Google, Yahoo and other mail services may have their own black hole list or spam server list. You may have to ask one of these sites to whitelist the server again to allow your mail to be received by people on those services.

If you get this deep into setting up your mail service I might then recommend an expert in these types of settings who can analyze the email you are sending and determine exactly why it is going to junk. You will need samples of email that went to junk sent back to you so you can look at the headers on the email.

Dan

Oh, and...   YES! It has improved bypass of filters. We install SPF records on all sending domains we work on.

Dan
Great answer, how would the record
TXT "v=spf1 mx include:servers.mcsv.net ~all"
supposed to look like for my bitrix24 domain?

here is the header:Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by zmcc-3-mta-1.zmailloud.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 8CC7FC39D7
for <astryukov@interra.com>; Fri,  9 Sep 2016 21:44:10 -0500 (CDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at zmcc-3-mta-1.zmailloud.com
Received: from zmcc-3.zmailloud.com ([127.0.0.1])
by localhost (zmcc-3-mta-1.zmailloud.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024)
with ESMTP id 72a3j7FmztqB for <astryukov@interra.com>;
Fri,  9 Sep 2016 21:44:10 -0500 (CDT)
Received: from mailstronghold-1.zmailloud.com (mx.01.com [23.92.XXX.XXX])
by zmcc-3-mta-1.zmailloud.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 1AE75C12CA
for <astryukov@interra.com>; Fri,  9 Sep 2016 21:44:10 -0500 (CDT)
Received: from mailstronghold-1.zmailloud.com (localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1])
by mailstronghold-1.zmailloud.com (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id u89KTDKP011359
for <astryukov@interra.com>; Fri, 9 Sep 2016 20:44:07 -0600
X-Haraka-RcptSummary: valid=1 invalid=0 unverified=0 relay=0 norelay=0
Received-SPF: None (mailstronghold-1.zmailcloud.com: domain of countbox.bitrix24.com does not designate 46.235.34.233 as permitted sender) receiver=mailstronghold-1.zmailloud.com; identity=mailfrom; client-ip=46.235.XXX.XXX; helo=mail-001.bitrix24.com; envelope-from=<no-reply-crm@countboss.bitrix24.com>
Received-SPF: None (mailstronghold-1.zmailloud.com: domain of mail-001.bitrix24.com does not designate 46.235.34.233 as permitted sender) receiver=mailstronghold-1.zmailloud.com; identity=helo; client-ip=46.235.XXX.XXX; helo=mail-001.bitrix24.com; envelope-from=<no-reply-crm@countboss.bitrix24.com>
Received: from mail-001.bitrix24.com (mail-001.bitrix24.com [46.235.34.233])
by mailstronghold-1.zmailcloud.com (Haraka/2.2.8) with ESMTPS id 395A8180-B85A-42CF-91C0-60CF30427E66.1
envelope-from <no-reply-crm@countboss.bitrix24.com>
(version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=AES256-SHA verify=FAIL);
Fri, 09 Sep 2016 20:44:07 -0600
Received: from www1.bitrix24.com (www1.bitrix24.com [107.20.XXX.XXX])
(using TLSv1.2 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 (256/256 bits))
(No client certificate requested)
by mail-001.bitrix24.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id 97DAC40098
for <astryukov@interra.com>; Sat, 10 Sep 2016 05:44:04 +0300 (MSK)
Received: from cp.bitrix24.com (ip-10-167-177-123.ec2.internal [10.167.XXX.XXX])
by www1.bitrix24.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 108B138362C
for <astryukov@interra.com>; Sat, 10 Sep 2016 05:44:03 +0300 (MSK)
Received: from ec2-54-197-151-89.compute-1.amazonaws.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by cp.bitrix24.com (Postfix) with SMTP id 0046B20D66
for <astryukov@interra.com>; Sat, 10 Sep 2016 05:44:03 +0300 (MSK)
Received: (from no-reply-crm@countboss.bitrix24.com)
by ec2-54-197-11-89.compute-1.amazonaws.com (mini_sendmail/1.3.6 29jun2005);
Sat, 10 Sep 2016 05:44:02 MSK
(sender mini_sendmail@ec2-54-197-151-23.compute-1.amazonaws.com)
To: astryukov@interra.com
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?SW52b2ljZSBjdGktMTA3Mg==?=
Without knowing your servers that is difficult.

You'll need to contact Bitrix24 to find out what their sending servers are unless you are using on-site. Then you already know the sending IP addresses.

Dan
Hi,

Problem 1
After changing my Yandex password, emails I send from Bitrix24 are sending fine, but a copy is not appearing in my Yandex folder.  How do I fix this?  (Email sent directly from Yandex all work correctly.  
How do get Birtrix24 to add an email copy into the Yandex inbox folder?

Problem 2
Every day my spam rating is poor because I need to add a new IP to my SPF record.  What are the Bitrix24 sending server IP's.  So I can enter them all in my SPF record?

Your help will really be appreciated.

Many thanks,  Christine
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24