Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » How to manually assign an email to a lead or contact
Pages: 1
RSS
How to manually assign an email to a lead or contact, An email is sitting in my Yandex inbox, because it has not been automatically assigned to a lead. How do I assign it manually?
Hi,

An email is sitting in my Yandex inbox.  For some reason Bitrix did not recognize the sender, and did not automatically assign the email to it to a lead.

How do I manually assign an email sitting in my Yandex Inbox, to a Bitrix lead or contact?

Thanks,  Chris
Hi Chris,

Please read this FAQ article.  Thanks.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I see now what has happened.  A person has replied using an different email address to the one we have for the lead.  So Bitrix has created a seperate, new lead for this enquiry.

Is there a way to add/integrate this new email into the stream of existing emails from this lead/contact.  And not have the email sitting out on its own, in a seperate lead?  

Thanks, Chris
Yes, you can try to forward it to the integrated with Bitrix24 CRM email address (important - there shouldn't be new leads with the same email address in Bitrix24) with the email title contains a construction like [LID#1] (details here) - but this will work only If the sender's address is one of your Bitrix24 intranet users email addresses

Best,

Yana.
Hello Yana,
 I am sorry, but I do not understand!

An established contact sends us an email, but sends it from a different email address, that Bitrix does not recognise.
Understandably, Bitrix then creates a new lead for that email.

What do I have to do to move this email to the established contact?

I tried removing the email address for the newly generated lead. Then adding the email address to the established contact. Then as you suggested, forward the email in Yandex to myself. That did not seem to append the email to the established contact.

What am I doing wrong?  

Regards,  Chris
We plan to release Mail integration updates this summer (should be available in July) - the process will be less complicated. As for your particular case - please contact our Helpdesk with details - they will assist. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.  
Hello Bitrix Team,

To connect incoming emails to deals manually is one of most important function we need. Including easiness of doing this. It is kill criterium for us and I am sure - not for us only. I must say: Bitrix is pretty cool product, but missing this function degrades it so much!

It is not space here to explain why we need to connect it manually. just belive it is real thing. I know what I am talking about. We have more than 12000 emails connected to more than 650 deals during 3 years in our current CRM.

Thing about to add this function to your CRM please. I am going to explore next competitors CRM now. I saw more than 20 CRMs during last 3 months so I can and I will compare it.

Best regards,

Tom
Hi Tomáš,

When you convert a lead, contact or a company to a deal - attached emails (connected via Send&Save) should be converted to this deal as well (see deal's activities). If this is not what you've meant - please give more details. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Hello Yana,

In CRM - Activities or CRM- Stream I can see every email from mailbox attached through CRM- Settings - Email -CRM Email Accounts - Email services. It is an Office 365 mailbox.

I need to connect those emails to deals (and to companies or contacts sometime). As I have read some posts here and as I have to try to test it - it is not possible now.

Do I explain it more accuratelly yet?

Best Regards

Tom
If you mean the option to resend emails to integrated to Bitrix24 email address -  with CRM records (e.g. deal's ) ID or email in the email text or theme? Please contact our Helpdesk regarding this scenario. Thank you!

Best,

Yana.
Hi,

Was this ever resolved? I want to attach emails to deals. For example, I see an email in my Activities Stream and I want to attach it to a Lead. How do I do this?

Cheers,

Kieran
Hi Kieran,

You can do that by forwarding this email (form your mailbox) to Bitrix24 integrated email address with deal ID (construction like [LID#1]) in the email title/subject. Please read this FAQ article for details. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Hi,

If I have understood you correctly, I forward an email sitting in the yandex incoming email box, to the same incoming email address, but I add for example :  [LID#10]  to a the email title.

Then when I go to the Lead record #10 I will see the email in the Stream.

If that is correct, it is not working.  What am I doing wrong?

Regards,  CHris
Please contact our Helpdesk they will asists with details. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

I am having a similar issue here, except we don't use leads.  We're finding that Bitrix24 will randomly decide not to attach an email to a contact or deal!  Anyway, my main question is regarding emails that are not attached and we need to attach them to a Bitrix record.  I re-forwarded the email to myself and assumed that for a deal, we would put DID#56 for deal 56 in the subject field.  Is this right?  If not, can you advise please?
The Sand & Save rules are described here. If it is not working properly you can report it to our Helpdesk.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24