Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » How to disable Bitrix Network and 'Create' option
Pages: 1
RSS
How to disable Bitrix Network and 'Create' option
I don't want my team inviting other people, connecting with other peoples Bitrix's or creating their own.

How to turn off access to your cloud Network?
Hi Brian,

Right now this type of access limitation is not available, but thanks for mentioning  - we may think about it.

I also welcome other forum visitors comments on this subject if you find this option important for your team.

Thanks.

Yana.
Indeed this is valuable as this is for business and not for personal socializing  
Thanks Walter, your opinion is important.

Yana.
I will have 100+ people in 10 countries using the system, all of varying technical and language skill levels. having this option visible and accessible to all staff will confuse and distract. By all means keep the function, but we must be able to disable it based on permissions, same for being able to invite others.
Edited: Brian Anderson - 07/22/2014 13:20:40
I agree with Brian... it would be better (for me) if I could turn it off so that it does not confuse our users.
Thanks for sharing, Kevin!
Bitrix is now enforcing exposure to the Bitrix24 cloud network on the employees of my company.

I have bought and paid for licenses for hundreds of staff to remain within the company social network for the purposes of our company business... NOT for you to have the opportunity to market your own network to them or to confuse them with access to a completely different service which we have not paid for and do not wish to use.

I can understand this feature being present on the cloud version, but enforcing this on our own hosted version,  which is on our own hardware and with NO OPTION TO TURN IT OFF, is objectionable.

Please clarify your plans and whether you have an intention to separate the desktop apps between cloud and download versions. If not then I feel we have no option but to pass the end user agreement over to our lawyers to see if we have any options in that direction.
I agree with Brian. We need to be able to turn off the Bitrix24 cloud network tabs and links on the hosted version of Bitrix. Please confirm when Bitrix will be updated and this feature will become optional, not forced upon us with no way to turn it off.
Please tell me how to turn this off, I posted this in another thread.  Customers are very confused and annoyed.  It makes us look stupid as implementation partners.
Dear Brian & others, we'll discuss the possibility & release dates & I'll advise later.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

This is also an issue I running in to. I have also purchased the hosted version.
I would like to know if you manage to get the information that Brian requested because I'm also interested in knowing If it will be possible to completely turn off any bitrix24 cloud advertisements.
Hi Tito!

In Bitrix24 Cloud - there is no way I'm afraid for admins to turn them off.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Tito!

In Bitrix24 Cloud - there is no way I'm afraid for admins to turn them off.

Best,

Yana.

How about in the self-hosted version? In November last year you said:

Dear Brian & others, we'll discuss the possibility & release dates & I'll advise later.

Now, 6 months later, do you have the timescale for when we'll be able to turn off the Bitrix cloud tabs in our self-hosted version?
Hi Dan!

I've meant the self-hosted versions - currently the Network is available form the desktop app - currently we decided not to change the desktop app in this regard.

Best,

Yana.
On 11/17/2014 11:03:19 you said:

we'll discuss the possibility & release dates & I'll advise later

Why did you change your mind on this?

What is the reason for forcing this tab to be there and preventing us from being able to turn it off in the self-hosted version?
I'm watching this thread intently as I'm considering buying the self hosted version for over 250 people - but I have no intention to buy this unless there is an option to disable that tab...

There is no reason why the option to enable/disable this via the user permissions isn't already there or being developed... It's a shame if Bitrix decide against developing this as overall I like what I've seen...

TJ
Hi Tim!

I've raised this question once again, we'll discuss it in details in a couple of weeks & I'll let you know. Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
we'll discuss it in details in a couple of weeks

How did those discussions go? Do you have any further update on this for us?
Hi Dan!

I can't disclose our plans for the future update, but we are planning changes in this regard. I think we'll  present them in a couple of months (fall 2015 release). Stay tuned!

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
I think we'll  present them in a couple of months (fall 2015 release)
Now that we're in fall 2015, what is the latest update on this and what changes have you implemented? When will self-hosted users be able to turn off the Bitrix24 Network tab in the desktop app?
Hi Dan!

At this very moment I cannot shed any light on the upcoming release (this November), I can only say there will be a different scenario, stay tuned!

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24