Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Some bugs when copy/edit a task
Pages: 1
RSS
Some bugs when copy/edit a task
Hi,

I'm using Bitrix24 cloud hosted free version and found some bugs might exist on other versions?

- Case 1: User 1 have a task A public to everyone.

1. User 2 copy task A to task B for himself but on the create task form, the field "Responsible Person" is disabled with User 1 is set by default? User 2 must press "Add Task" and change the responsible person later. It's so bad for User1 when he will receive many notifications not relate to him.

2. Also on the create task B form, task A was added as "Parent Task" by default? I think it is not acceptable because I was copying task, not created a sub-task?

- Case 2: When User 2 edit a task created by User 1 and User 3 is responsible person, on the editor form

3. User 2 change "Creator" to User 3, the field "Responsible Person" is still editable and sometime the popup change creator isn't closed automatically?

4. But if "Creator" is changed to another as User 1 or himself (User 2), the field "Responsible Person" will be set to User 3 and disabled forever?

- Case 3: Can you explain for "Require approval to close task" and "Include task in Efficiency Report" option. I see it's sometime enabled/disabled but don't understand when I can use it... For example, task A created by User 1, User 3 is "Responsible Person", "Require approval to close task" is enable. User 2 change the "Creator" to

5. User 3: it means "Creator" is the same as "Responsible Person", why "Require approval to close task" is still enabled? As I understanding when creating a task, if "Creator" is the same as "Responsible Person", the "Require approval to close task" option will be disabled?

6. User 2: "Require approval to close task" and "Include task in Efficiency Report" are disabled? Why ???

Regards,
Vu Nguyen
Hi Nguyễn,

- Case 1: User 1 have a task A public to everyone.

What do you men by public to everyone? (is it task in the particular group or task created from my workspace section? is user A only responsible for the task A with no other users participating in the task?) This info will be helpful to start reproducing your scenario & problems\wrong system behaviour you've faced.
Thanks.

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Task A was created in a public Group that all members in my site can search/view all tasks (Group Settings -> Tasks, I set "Permission to view private tasks" and ""Permission to view all task" to Authorized Users)
Regards,
Vu Nguyen
Edited: Nguyễn Hoàng Vũ - 08/12/2014 16:44:08
1. User 2 copy task A to task B for himself but on the create task form, the field "Responsible Person" is disabled with User 1 is set by default? User 2 must press "Add Task" and change the responsible person later. It's so bad for User1 when he will receive many notifications not relate to him.
I see the system behaviour may be confusing - we'll work on this screnario. There is one way you can change the responsible persion in the creation form - click "creator" & choose again user 1 (though it is already there) - now the responsible person filed is active - choose user B.
2. Also on the create task B form, task A was added as "Parent Task" by default? I think it is not acceptable because I was copying task, not created a sub-task?
I see, that is why we come across the above mentioned behaviour - I guess it is due to this "parent-subtask" logic we have while using "copy" task option. Thanks fo this observation. I've passed it to our devs.
Thanks for all of your observations - our devs will have a closer look!

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Any update for those bugs?

Thanks
Not yet, I'm afraid.

Yana.
Hello!
I started using 24 Bitrix last week and my considering quitting it.

1. Problem: It's really hard to manage these tasks because every time I create one, my coworkers can't see it. (the same for the uploaded files on the Drive but then i realized I have to make it public (Urra! More work for me)

1.1 Solution: Add everyone manually as an observer, (kinda annoying).
        1.2 then I tried to create a group and allow all the permissions but this still doesn't seem to work properly.

2. The Subtasks I created are gone... any reason for it? I asked my coworker if she deleted them, she says no. I just looked at the other questions of the forum and you seemed not to ad the drag/drop bottom at all. Already since 2013/2014?

I know it's a free version but could you fix these bugs please. We are planning growing and upgrading to a paid version but if this continues i will quit it and leave a bad review. This small things are driving me insane since day one.

P.S Sorry for being a little rude. I'm sure doing your job is also hard, just convince your product manager to take a look at this issue and to fix it. Or else don't say it to the other users.
Hi Isabel!

Welcome to Bitrix24.

1. Problem: It's really hard to manage these tasks because every time I create one, my coworkers can't see it. (the same for the uploaded files on the Drive but then i realized I have to make it public (Urra! More work for me)

Create tasks in the particular workgroup, the group members will be able to see tasks created in this group.(workgroup tasks>all) or you can add other users as participants to the task.

2. The Subtasks I created are gone... any reason for it? I asked my coworker if she deleted them, she says no. I just looked at the other questions of the forum and you seemed not to ad the drag/drop bottom at all. Already since 2013/2014?

The tasks module hasn't been updated a lot since 2013, we are working on a minor module update for this spring\summer release & plan to improve the module more after. As for the missed subtasks - please check if they are not hidden under the main task.

Thank you for yourr arguments & observations, have to be honest - we can't promise major improvements on this module for a short-term period, but we are aware of the features necessaty & will take them into account.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24