Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Rearrange Tasks (Reorder)
Pages: 1 2 3 Next
RSS
Rearrange Tasks (Reorder), How do I re-order tasks?
Once I create a list of task, how do I reorder them so they appear in the order I want?
#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
Dear Scott,

You can reorganize your task list thanks to buttons in the head of the list (ascending, descending). Fore more comfortable operating categorize your list in task filter. Tasks are graded according their Priority, Deadline, etc. Free reorganization isn't available.

Could you clarify for what purpose you need this feature?

Thank you!
Lets say I'm planning for a project. And I'm creating my tasks in the order I want to do them. But then near the end I forget that I really need to do task #40 near the beginning of the project. This is the way in which I always work. That way I don't get to the task "Insert ISBN #" and haven't even sent the email out requesting the isbn. Here's an example if I were designing a book:

1. Insert title logo on page 5
2. email joe for publisher logo
3. Change all bold to italics
4. Insert LOC number
5. Take out forced line breaks
6. Add Running headers
7. Insert ISBN number

And at this point I realize I need to send out an email asking for the ISBN so that I'll hopefully have it by the time I get to task 7. It really needs to be listed up at the number 2 spot. There is no way to do this?

I do it this way so that i can work most efficiently after having thought out the whole process and planned and order things.

Does that make sense?

#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; position: absolute; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; }
Dear Mr. Scheller,

Thank you for precise description.
What is the best way to reorganise task list, do you think, is just to click and draw in the place you need or maybe task numeration ?
I'll pass this feature to our project team.

Sincerely, Anna.
Has there been any update on this? I too would like an easy way to reorganize tasks; the ability to drag and drop tasks to the desired order would be really helpful.
Hi, Patricia!

We haven't put this option in yet, but it is a very useful idea and it is already in our plans for the future, most likely this Autumn.
I too think this is a must have...especially the drag and drop feature for re-ordering tasks and even subtasks within a workgroup. Any more specific time frame than 'autumn' on implementing this?
Hi, Luke!

We've passed your proposal to the development department too.

Sincerely, Evgeniya.
Hi. I am also looking forward to this feature of sorting tasks and subtasks.
Would it be possible also to apply the same feature to checklists?

Thanks.
Has there been any progress in adding this much needed feature?
Hi Manuel and Brandon,

Our Development Department is aware of these features necessity, we may add these options soon, maybe in spring update. We also have new features and capabilities release next week. Stay tuned!

Thank you for the suggestions!

Kind Regards,
Yana.
I'd like to re-order tasks too please
Hi Lee,

We'll take your opinion into account.

Regards,

Yana.
Hi,

when does this spring update will come up? I am waiting for this "drag'n'drop rearrange tasks"-feature!

Next proposals for a useful features:
1. batch processing of tasks -> supposed I want to change the responsible person of 200 tasks. I really don't want to edit 200 tasks. But I'd like to select them and change the responsible one time :-)
2. Gantt Chart -  dynamic timelines of parent tasks -> If I have a parent tasks with two sub-tasks. Sub-task one starts on May 1st and ends on May 20th. Subtask two starts on 10th of May and ends on 5th of June. Then the timeline of the parent task should automatically start on May 1st and end on 5th of June.

3. Export of Gantt-Chart as Excel-file
Or does these features already exist? I didn't find them.

Thanks and have nice day
Hi Sven,

Thanks for all of the suggestions :-) We are constantly working on our product improvement, which means your feedback is important to us. We may implement some of the features above in the upcoming releases, can't advise which ones & when though. Stay tuned!

Sincerely,

Yana.
FYI - batch processing of tasks will be added this\next week!

Yana.
wow. what a quick and nice response :-) highly appreciated. thanks.
You're welcome :-)
Hi, we recently discovered Bitrix24 and are testing your service. It's a great service, but it really needs the features mentioned above. These are essential functionalities which we use a lot in other Project Management Systems like Asana or RunRunIt.
Have you a date when we can expect these features?

Best Regards, Solano
Hi Solano,

Thank you for your kind words! As for your questions -  batch processing of tasks was added  - you can choose\tick several tasks and choose an action in the bottom line tasks menu. For other suggestions - I can only suggest some of them may appear later this year. Please note that your opinion is important, and we are always ready to "hear" our clients needs. Thank you!

Yana.
Hi, I would like to request this feature too.

If you can't reorder tasks the project planning possibilities get strictly limited.

You can always need to insert a new subtask in the middle of a list of tasks already in place (because of a new process required or simply because you forgot something and need to add it) The visual order is vital to the order of excecution.

Look at any project management app. If task input and reordering are not easy and quick to do and correct, the module will fail to engage users.

If you add this, you will be surprised how much more will the task section grow, becuase it is vital for importan projects both with the CRM and with internal business objectives.

Best regards
Edited: Juan Ignacio Perez Dos Santos - 05/16/2014 19:18:53
Hi Juan,

Thanks for the detailed argumentation, we have plans for this for our next releases. For sure, our clients opinion give these features requests more value, thanks for sharing.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hello, Yana.

Any updates about this topic?

When creating subtasks one creates them in "next to follow" order yet in the interface they are in "last in first shown" order. It's a bit frustrating and not very productive.

Being able to reorder the tasks with drag & drop would be the way to go. You've done a lot in this sense with the latest release so I take it the framework to implement this with Tasks is at hand.

Best,
Hi Jean,

Thanks for kind words for our latest release, we do have plans for this option for later.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Hi.  An update since the one a month ago?  In which release is this update proposed and the timing of that release?  :?:
Hi Jackie,

I can't advise when this option will be implemented - sorry, but we still have plans for it.
BTW filters option may help a bit meanwhile.

Yana.
Hello,

I'm a new user and I'm testing your product in a small project for now but I'm interested in using it as a project communication management tool.

First of all, congratulation for this very impressive work.

I'd like to give you some functionalities advice :

- As people said before, controlling the task order manually is essential. I noticed that the tasks can be order using a criteria (date / responsible ...) but it is not precise enough. Furthermore, when you switch from tasks list to gant view, you loose the order. (Maybe you can use a drag and drop or a case with a number considering the subtasks : 1 - First task / 1.1 - First subtask ...)

- The task order could be share with other users and the change in it should be limited to administrators of the project.

- The budget part is also important. It could be great to be able to enter a number of work days for each task and even spread it to different groups or specific people. A financial budget can even be useful.

- The task list can also a very good tool to change informations without opening the task detail : ie. if in my task detail I can see the deadline, it can be time saving to be able to change it there.

- The previous task and the starting/end dates are also very used data, integrating those in the quicktask view can be a good thing.

- If you create a drag and drop functionality, it can also be useful to use it to change the task parent.

- In the list or the gant view, an information about the previous task can also be very good (maybe a little arrow at the begining of the line to show the previous task)

- In the Gant view, a possibility of changing the time "zoom" could be great, especially for long term projects

I hope this can be a use for you.
Thanks again for your good work.

BR

Georges
Edited: Georges Temime - 09/24/2014 13:02:11
Hi Georges,

Maybe you can use a drag and drop
We already had several similar requests, I'll add your vote for this option.
The task order could be share with other users and the change in it should be limited to administrators of the project.
Thanks for the suggestion - I've passed it to our devs, but not sure such option will be added soon.

The budget part is also important. It could be great to be able to enter a number of work days for each task and even spread it to different groups or specific people. A financial budget can even be useful.
Can you please explain this scenario more? We have Efficiency report & Employee Resource Tracking report in tasks. Which way do you suggest this reports can be extended? Or do youn propose a separate module for Bitrix24? (samples will be appreciated)
if in my task detail I can see the deadline, it can be time saving to be able to change it there.
BTW you can bring forward\backwards the task's deadline for day(s)\week(s)\month(s) form the tasks list interface - tick the task you want to edit - choose action "bring deadline forward" in the bottom line menu.

The previous task and the starting/end dates are also very used data,
Unfortunately, Bitrix24 does not support tasks dependencies yet.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, we'll take them into account.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Bumping for the re arrange feature using drag and drop...When will this be available...?
Congratulations for your great product.  Please continue with the same enthusiasm.

Also, please add one more kind suggestion for manual rearrangement of tasks.

IMHO, it is very important.-
Dear Spenser & Benoit!

Thanks for your votes for this feature! We have plans to add it later (probably next year).

Yana.
Add my voice to Task ordering feature request. It is a must have for any project planning. Important bit is, that once tasks have been ordered, they must show in that order to all users, not only the user who performed the ordering.
Hi Larry!

Noted. Thank you, your voices added to these features requests.

Yana.
My team is moving fr om Asana to Bitrix. Rearranging task orders, indents, etc is something I love about Asana and things like Workflowy. Disappointed that this request has gone on so long without being addressed.

I HAVE A POTENTIAL WORKAROUND, though not a great one. If you add a number to each task name, then sort by name. Then if you need to insert a new task, you can edit the name with the number wh ere you want it, then renumber everything after it (annoying I know) it will effectively sort it. You will have to have all other users sort by name also. Really not great, but better than nothing

Edit: Looks like you cant resort the gantt chart view, it's stuck showing it in reverse alphabetical order instead of date order? That's not what a Gantt chart is!
Edited: John Mazzarella - 10/30/2014 17:16:47
John Mazzarella wrote:
I HAVE A POTENTIAL WORKAROUND, though not a great one. If you add a number to each task name, then sort by name. Then if you need to insert a new task, you can edit the name with the number wh ere you want it, then renumber everything after it (annoying I know) it will effectively sort it. You will have to have all other users sort by name also. Really not great, but better than nothing
A slight improvement on you workaround would be taking MX records approach. i.e. instead of pefixing your task name with 1, 2, 3,..n+1, use large numbers, say 100,200,300, i.e. 100 increments. then if you need to add a task in between first and second tasks, prefix that task name with 150. This will spare you renaming all task after "squeezing" new task in. Note, I haven't tried it in B24, so I'm not sure how it handles "sorting by name" when name starts with a digit instead of alphabet character.

But I realty do hope that task ordering will be released soon.
Hi John & Corvus!

Thanks for the workaround tips! We're going to improve our tasks section in future, so we would like to thank you for bringing this topic up.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Guys, After tons of research I chose bitrix24 and have just started using it (Litterally 30 minutes ago) and without wishing to sound rude am absolutely astounded that you can not easily drag or reorder tasks. This seems like an absolute essential requirement to any project management tool. Why after 2 years (from when this request was first posted) have you not fixed this? It must be such a simple thing to do. Very Very dissapointed. Guess I will go fnd a different program.
And to make it worse every task defaults to the top of the list &gant chart. i think you need a project manager to actually help re build this, very dissapointed.
Hi Dylan!

Sorry to hear that! We're working on the tasks section, but the nearest update on tasks is planned for our spring release.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
I've spent some more time with the Tasks tool, and realized that each task, when clicked, has a checklist inside. The checklist is much easier to quickly add, edit and... REARRANGE!

Unfortunately the checklist doesn't allow for indenting, so brainstorming hierarchical lists is still not as easy as something like Workflowy or CheckVist. You must use Tasks to organize larger-scale organization with subtasks/indenting, then go into detail using the checklists inside of a specific task. Still frustrating.

Further, checklist items don't allow for assignment or due dates, etc.
Hi John!

the checklist doesn't allow for indenting, so brainstorming hierarchical lists is still not as easy
Can you give more details how you want o use checklist? - so I can include this suggestion to the features requests list. Thank you.

checklist items don't allow for assignment or due dates, etc.

Do you suggest that as a feature to add to Bitrix24 or as an alternative \work around to tasks & subtasks functions Bitrix24 lack?

Thanks.

Yana.
Yana Prokopetswrote:
Can you give more details how you want o use checklist? - so I can include this suggestion to the features requests list. Thank you.
I (and it seems others in this thread) would like a hybrid of the tasks tool and the checklist tool. Something that is easy to quickly add, edit and rearrange tasks (like checklists currently does), but something that allows you to assign ownership of tasks to coworkers and set due dates (like tasks currently does). The gantt view is a good addition, but items in a gantt chart normally show dependance by tasks that must be completed first on top, with subtasks below and indented. As Dylan Satow also pointed out above, this is not currently the case.
Thanks for the detailed explaantion John, I've passed to the devs.

Yana.  
Add another vote to the Task ordering feature request. This is a must have, as soon as posible. I really, really like your application, but I am thinking about not using it, because of the lack of this feature.
Hi Marius!

Thanks for your vote!

Yana.
I, too, am desperate to be able to reorder the tasks, especially in the Gantt chart view. I'm finding Bitrix to be almost unusable for our company without this feature, as the work we do involves many people doing things in very particular sequences. I would definitely use the product if it had this feature.
Thanks Matthew!

Yana.
Hi Yana,

I have just started a trial today and was looking for the Gant chart view on a project's progress. Is there one at this time in the online application?

Thanks!
Edited: B24_1406705 - 12/02/2014 22:07:40
Hi B24_1406705!

Sure, in Bitrix24 projects are realized on the base of workgroups, open your workgroup>tasks section>view=gantt chart

You can also view tasks from My Workspace>Tasks>view=gantt chart. Please note that you can access group tasks also by clicking "All" tab in My Workspace>Tasks & filter all tasks by the group parameters you need (see example in the screenshot below):

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Please add my vote for the drag & drop reordering of gantt chart and task list items (especially for dragging tasks between workgroups and in/out of other tasks as sub-tasks) thanks!
Pages: 1 2 3 Next
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24