Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Rearrange Tasks (Reorder)
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 Next
RSS
Rearrange Tasks (Reorder), How do I re-order tasks?
Please add my vote for the drag & drop reordering of gantt chart and task list items as well. It is frustrating and I am now thinking of an alternative tool
Hi Yana,

please count my voice here as well. Bitrix is a great tool, yet tasks rearranging needs to be added ASAP... any hint why it takes so long to do it?

Regards,
Serhiy
Hi Serhiy,

Thanks, noted. The reason is that this module hasn't been revised for quite a long time, we are starting a minor part of work on it for this spring release (April\May), so our users will see some changes in tasks module already & will continue to polish & develop the module further after.

Best,

Yana.
Wow, has this really not been resolved yet?  The ability to reorder tasks seems like a very basic and critical functionality.  I've been testing Bitrix for 30 minutes and it's already come up as an issue.  I guess add my vote, but I'm going to go with another product instead of waiting around for a potential fix for another 2+ years.
Staff good day.
This function to reorganize the lists is something basic for a task manager . Drag and drop then something is REQUIRED. I used your apicativo the weekend and am interested in migrating to the Pro version . But without this function has no way to use your application. Even more so with a request from the day 10/11/2012 . 2012 we are already in 2015 and this basic function has not been resolved . Is there any indication as to when this will be resolved. Today is 04/20/2015 .

Another problem I'm having is with the time counter . Does not work. Is there any indication as to when this will be resolved. One of the reasons we have chosen your application has this function . Here's a link function .
http://www.bitrixsoft.com/support/training/course/index.php?COURSE_ID=55&LESSON_ID=2655#tasks_view_i...el

Hugs and awaiting a response.
Please add my vote as well. Really important function to have when managing projects! Yana, also worth noting when you comment the date on your comments says 2013 instead of the current date. Regards, Rory
Yana, also worth noting when you comment the date on your comments says 2013 instead of the current date.

I understand that, Rory, but I hope you understand too that it does not only depend on me - I'm trying to share the most relevant information on our team plans, sometimes plans may change & we decide to put other priorities - and I apologize for that misinformation.

BTW you may have noticed that tasks with subtasks and checklists are already available.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana Prokopets,thanks for the quick response. Totally understand it's not in your control, just wanted to flag up another customer that would love to see that functionality added soon. Thanks for your hard work.  
Is it true that people have been asking for this feature for nearly two and a half years?

It's such an essential feature. Please advise if and when it is coming so I know whether or not to invest further time exploring this product's potential.
Do you know what is most worrying about all this? It is that promises have been made for nearly three years that this will be fixed soon, and it hasn't been. I understand that the person responding online is not able to directly influence this, but they are clearly being given incorrect information. It is about time that somebody with authority came up front and gave a firm commitment on this, personally and in public. There is now way I would pay for software where I can't rely on prompt and reliable fixes to what should have been there from day 1. It is a great shame, because it is generally a great piece of kit, but I would always have doubts about the future the way this request has been dealt with. Sorry!

Kevin
I am just going to add to the chorus that says the drag&drop functionality is essential, in both the list and Gantt view. I just started using Bitrix a couple hours ago, and am loving it, but am now annoyed that it won't let me reorganize the tasks how I want. lt is crazy that this hasn't been added and also that this thread is now 2 years, 6 months, and 11 days old.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Chris!

Thansk for your vote!

Best,

Yana.
Who's Chris? There are three messages from Yana on this page alone referring to Chris, without a single message from a Chris.

Best,

Kevin
Hi Kevin!

Thank you for brinning this to my attention :) My sincere apologies!

Dear topic contributors, we'll try to implement this in our fall release - but I can't promise as the release roadmap hasn't been made yet.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

I really really surprise that this topic have been opened for nearly 3 years and  more. I think the date of request's raising should be one of important element to be given the priority.

Thanks,
Hung
Hi Chris!

Sure, thank you!

Best,

Yana.
Pretty hard to believe that Bitrix team hasn't been able to implement such a BASIC feature for two and a half years.

It's nice that the team is following the discussion here and thanking users for their feedback, but please note that your politeness is worth nothing if you fail to take action based on the feedback received. Actually, it is quite disrespectful to say "thank you, we surely will implement this soon" and never do. It becomes nothing but a lie. I have absolutely no hope that this will ever be implemented and unfortunately will have to look elsewhere for our company's PM tool.
Hi Chris!

Thanks for your vote!

Best,

Yana.
Same goes for me +1. Have been using Bitrix24 for quite a while now but never really made up a complex GANTT chart before. Boy what a surprise, it is absolutely FRUSTRATING! That's even when I layout everything carefully in a particular order. Just when I think I have it going right, it just takes on its own mind.

Sorry, I like everything else about Bitrix24, but it's project management tools are just not up to scratch yet (no dependencies or task percentage completion either?).
Sorry but I'm reluctantly going with Zoho for PM as I already use their hosted email services. Please get this working in your FALL UPDATE BITRIX, it's like having an 'Achilles heal' bleeding for over 3 years.
Hi Ryan!

Thanks for the feedback, sorry to hear you're moving away at thi time, hope to get you back soon. We have plans for tasks module minor update for this fall, stay tuned!

Best,

Yana.
Loving so many of the features of Bitrix and also impressed with the great feedback I'm seeing here. We're moving from Asana to Bitrix and also noticed we can't drag and drop tasks into subtasks, etc. That is a key feature we need for managing our ecommerce consulting clients.

Currently if we want a task to become a subtask of another...we have to delete it and recreate it. That's no fun. Thanks for listening, I'm sure your team is working on this. Thanks for a great product, very impressed overall.
-Travis
http://www.sharpcommerce.com
Hi Travis,

Thanks for the suggestion & your trust in Bitrix24 team  :) Hope you'll enjoy working with your system. Happy New Year!

Yana.
Hi guys,

Add a vote for drag & drop task reordering (any updates on this), and also consider implementing this for task groups. We use groups to organize and understand better the importance of each task, but not being able to reorder the groups on the task lists makes it very difficult (the order cannot be changed in any way, they only appear in the order they are created). Another easier thing to implement would be to enable the option to list all the tasks independentrly of the group (enable/disable groups on the list view), without having to export it to excel, which is not practical for planning.

Regards,

Ignacio
Hi Ignacio,

Add a vote for drag & drop task reordering (any updates on this)
It has been added for the Gantt chart view, we also plan to add it for the list view as well.

also consider implementing this for task groups.
Thanks for the suggestion

Another easier thing to implement would be to enable the option to list all the tasks independentrly of the group (enable/disable groups on the list view),
Interesting suggestion, we'll think about it, thanks.

Best,

Yana.
Congratulations on the "custom" sorting inside the Gantt Chart! It really solved a serious problem we had...

Also the fact that you can change easily the parent task, even if you have to do it one task at a time, is very handy otherwise we had to go in out of every task with multiple clicks.

Looking forward to see the feature functioning in the list view too.

Thanks again!
Hi Vangelis,

Thank you for the feedback!

Best,

Yana.
I'm still not able to drag and drop tasks, not even from the gantt view, do I have to configure something or maybe it has not rolled out yet, I see task dependence is there already.

Regards,

Ignacio
Ignacio Borderes wrote:
I'm still not able to drag and drop tasks, not even fr om the gantt view, do I have to configure something or maybe it has not rolled out yet, I see task dependence is there already.

Regards,

Ignacio
Wh ere is says "sort by" you have to select "custom". I know what you mean, it is not obvious, I also had to search for it after reading the post.

Yana you should advertise this feature and expose it a little bit more... just my two cents
Thanks a lot Vangelis, this is great, now I'd like to have it on the list view, but this is a great first step. The only thing that disappointed me a little is that I was hoping to be able to rearrange the order of groups too.

Is there any way to change the order of groups, they are not even ordered by name, they appear in the order of creation, which meakes it impossible to rearrange them in any way. At least if the order was by name I could change the name to start with a number.

Regards,

Ignacio
Hello . For several days testing the Bitrix I think that this is a very interesting tool. To fully happiness needs to have these options:
the ability to add tasks to - "today's tasks: the person or determine the order of tasks a person. I can change to order by chart and arranges only own custom view. It is difficult to manage project without  dynamic task order  as a project manager.
Wojtek
Hi, everyone.
I don't know how about you, but to me would be wounderfull if Bitrix24 had a form of view that let us to order tasks across group/projects, but keeping each group unchanged. It would be usefull in order to organize a team participant's todo list. Example: "First you should do the task 1 from Project A, than tasks 2 and 3 from Project B are priorities, and finally you should back to Project A to do task 4".
It could be done in daily plan instead. I just need a way to order or prioritize the tasks regardless of projects. Is there some way?
Just started Bitrix24 and loving the tool. Thank you, guys.
Hi Ignacio,

Is there any way to change the order of groups,
Unfortunately not, thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Wojciech,

the ability to add tasks to - "today's tasks:
You can add tasks to Clock in\out - Daily plan - todays tasks. Also you can use "priority = high\important task" options or filter tasks by parameters (from Tasks > All > Filter > Extended filter. If you'd like to suggest another option - please share some details. Thanks.

Hi Guilherme,

Have you tried Tasks > All and filters? Would it help?

Best,

Yana.
Hi All,

I have found "sort of a solution" for the sorting of tasks:

An example,

- Create a workgroup and create 5 tasks
- Next to Custom (sorting) select Gantt Chart
- There you can reorder the tasks by drag and drop (Note: if you reorder the tasks and go back to list view the sorting will be lost)
- Before going back to list view, create random dependancies for all the tasks (between them)
- If you now go to list view, you will see that the tasks will stay at the same order as you put them in the Gantt Chart
- Now you can go back to Gant Chart view and delete all dependancies
- If you go back to list view, you will see that the task order will remain the same

I know its not the best "solution", but at least if reordering is a must this might help.

And let's hope for an official sorting soon!!!! (Not in 5 years time  ;))
Edited: Yiannis Koutalis - 08/23/2016 19:32:50
Hi Yiannis,

Thank you  :)

Best,

Yana.
Consider this another vote for better re-ordering of tasks in both list and gantt view. Thanks to everyone for their many helpful suggestions here and to our administrator Yana for passing our suggestions to those in charge. If you have any more progress updates please let us know.

I'd like to see the ability to change the way tasks are grouped. Currently, unless I'm misunderstanding something, tasks are always grouped by their Workgroup (the gray bars showing the Workgroup name in list view). It would be very helpful to group tasks under their CRM/Company. For me, and I suspect for many users, the company listed is the client for which those projects are begin done. In many cases it's useful to view all the tasks that need to be completed for a given client. Likewise, in many cases it would also be useful to group tasks by the responsible person in order to see everything someone needs to complete.

I'm a new user so perhaps there is a way to do these things that I haven't learned yet. If so please let me know. Thanks!

Steve
In many cases it's useful to view all the tasks that need to be completed for a given client.
You can view that under CRM - open this client page > activity - use filter - activity type = tasks.

to group tasks by the responsible person in order to see everything someone needs to complete.
You can use Tasks Involvement for that (note - tasks should have planned time set - start & end dates set) - all tasks will be listed under Gantt Chart view.
It would be very helpful to group tasks under their CRM/Company.
As mentioned above you can find tasks grouped under each CRM record.

In list view you can click settings icon on the right and add new columns to the list, e.g. CRM.

Please note that you can also open Tasks > All > filter tasks by various parameters.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Thanks for the quick reply! I see the options you mention. My comments were meant to say that it would be helpful to have more/better organizing capability on the main task page. Besides what others have mentioned above in this post, I think having the option to group tasks by something other than their workgroup would be useful. Perhaps a "Group By" button next to the filter button where you could choose to group by company, the responsible person, or other items.

Thanks for telling me about some other options. I'll try them. If the feature I suggested can be implemented some day, great!

Steve
I think an easy fix from your side would be to enable the TAG field to be selected when you click on "sort by". Now you only use Tag for searching, why not using it for sorting too?

If you implemented this it would be helpful in our organisation, although the problem we are facing is different, so let me describe it.

What we do now:
Inside a workgroup we might have 100 tasks. Then these tasks might belong to ten groups of tasks. What we currently do is that we create one task per group and have the relevant tasks as subtasks. We select "sort by:custom" and then we rearrange them manually. (thank you for allowing this sometime ago)

What the problems are:
First of all the task=group is not a task. Therefore we end up making it deferred, having no dates, and actually it never ends. Which means that each time someone wants to check his deferred tasks to shrink his list he has to skip all such fake tasks.
The second problem is that we end up using only the sort by custom view, and nothing else. So you have all this nice functionality to sort by different things and it goes wasted, by us at least.
Thirdly the results of the reports also show these tasks/groups and ruin the results.

What we miss:
A visual separation of groups of tasks.

Some suggestions, if you allow us:
The Group to be entered manually in each workgroup and then tasks to be dragged under this Group while in custom sorting. You could think of it like the separator you allow in the checklist, with the difference that it also needs a Title to be edited by the user and some kind of visual impact to differ fr om the tasks. Now if you want it to be also a task property of wh ere the task belongs that would be even better, and maybe we never need to use the custom sort again. In the meanwhile I don't know if the Tag field could be of any use towards such functionality, like for example giving the option to view by Groups based on Tags and then leave the sort by exactly as you have it.

Thank you in advance in considering this, keep up the great work you are doing.

Kindest regards,

Vangelis
Edited: Vangelis Manolis - 01/16/2017 13:12:34
Hi Vangelis!

I think an easy fix from your side would be to enable the TAG field to be selected when you click on "sort by". Now you only use Tag for searching, why not using it for sorting too?
Thanks for the suggestion.

Some suggestions, if you allow us:
The Group to be entered manually in each workgroup and then tasks to be dragged under this Group while in custom sorting. You could think of it like the separator you allow in the checklist, with the difference that it also needs a Title to be edited by the user and some kind of visual impact to differ fr om the tasks. Now if you want it to be also a task property of wh ere the task belongs that would be even better, and maybe we never need to use the custom sort again. In the meanwhile I don't know if the Tag field could be of any use towards such functionality, like for example giving the option to view by Groups based on Tags and then leave the sort by exactly as you have it.
Thanks for the detailed suggestion as well. We may plan some general updates for tasks module for 2017 but nothing is scheduled yet.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,
read this thread that has been going on since 2012! When will we be able to reorganize tasks with drag and drop? And after all this time is there a way to reorganize tasks?
If not...is the development team still working or should i just get another management program?
Hello,

I too just read through this post for a drag-drop task organization feature ... this has been ongoing since 2012?!  

We were previously on Wrike for Project/Task management.  Our company is trying to choose between Bitrix or Zoho.  I definitely think this should be considered an essential feature for task management.  

Is there an update on this topic?  What time-line for having this as a viable feature can we expect?
Hi Erik & Daniel!

We plan to add drag & drop option for tasks list view later. Thanks for the heads up.

Best,

Yana.
Hello Yana, you indicate that drag & drop re-ordering is "planned for later". What is the planned due date, please?
Not scheduled yet, I'm afraid.

Best,

Yana.
Hello Yana,

I didn't find re-ordering of tasks and googled the term, which lead me to this thread.

I don't understand what's happening here.

This is one of the most BASIC functionality for project management. Bitrix24 is a GREAT tool but lacks this ELEMENTAL function?

The point has been raised in 2012, I read. That means that in all priorization meetings since 2012, this one has been considered low importance. And if no due date has been set for the feature, then that indicates that it may still be considered low priority.

-> Please help us understand how this is possible. Is it a technical issue? A personality issue? What's going on?

Thanks in advance!
I really need to know a date on this feature as well. I am considering moving over fr om Asana, and they have this ability. If this feature does not even have an estimated date then I cannot justify the switch.

Honestly the Workgroups (which should have projects then tasks inside of them) need some overhauling in features/user abilities. I would suggest using Asana as a reference when doing so. They have done it pretty well, but I feel you guys could do it better.

I am a COO so the Project Management features/abilities are wh ere I am critiquing the most.
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the vote!
Task Reordering is available:

Using "My Sort" under Sorting then drag and drop.
sort.png (43.25 Kb)
drag.png (22.92 Kb)
Edited: B24_12768049 - 06/14/2017 21:21:48 (New information)
Oh, well that works great until you navigate to another page and all of your reordering reverts back to the original ordering.  
I've posted in other threads about some features that would be much appreciated in Bitrix. I'm pushing Bitrix to be the our new PM solutions, but I'm finding it hard to manage tasks without the reordering feature. I try the "My sorting" option, just to find that the changes I make are lost as soon as I change the page, what's the point on having the option then?
This is also true when I set dependencies on tasks, I set them in the Gantt view and change page, they're lost. Is this a bug?

As another member said before, a nice and polite reply is worth nothing if after 5 years we haven't provide a solid response/solution on this. What's the point on "hearing" your customer if nothing happens?

I work in a 125K+ Employee company so we would definitely get the highest plan, but without this features and, even worse, without knowing that our provider actually listens and take care of our concerns I don´t think we could use the platform.

I guess we would have to choose Zoho. Too bad, since I truly loved Bitrix24 so far. I guess you haven't lost that many customers due to this and that's why you have ignored this huge issue, probably you´re much more used as a CRM tool than PM.  
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 Next
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24