Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Workgroups without owner issue
Pages: 1
RSS
Workgroups without owner issue
Hi,

While trying to organise workgroups we noticed some workgroups have no owner since the employee left bitrix24 or the owner left the group for some reason. Unfortunately after this there is no way of having a new owner and there is no way for us to delete/archive the workgroup. Our administrator tried to have access to it and archive them but still couldn't. Is there any way of solving this issue?

Also, shouldn't the owner/administrator of our organisation be able to edit workgroup titles/archive/delete them freely? It is annoying that as an administrator we need the owner's permission to delete/archive groups.

Thanks
Hi Luis!

It is annoying that as an administrator we need the owner's permission to delete/archive groups.

You don't! All you need to do is enable admin mode in your profile page:

Now open this workgroup & click actions>edit users>tick one of existing members & apply "change owner" or choose "delete group" in the actions menu.

Best,

Yana.
Excellent, thanks Yana!
Hi Yana, i tried your advice but i found out that there is no option of "edit user" in actions.  Please help.  I need to manage our bitrix and i need to be the work groups moderator as the original owner left the group.  Thank you

Hi Hazel!

You need to enable admin mode on your profile page first - the options will appear in the workgroup interface after (Actions > edit users)

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana

I tried to delete groups in admin mode, but it's not working. The option is appearing in the drop down menu and the system is asking "Are you sure you want to delete this group?" But when I confirm nothing happens. The page just reloads.

Regards
Matthias
Hi Matthias,

Please report this to our Helpdesk.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24