Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Tasks not repeating
Pages: 1
RSS
Tasks not repeating
Hi,

I am having some trouble with repeating tasks.  I am using the software in an accountancy practice environment and want a companies accounts deadline to appear every year on my task list.

I think I am setting up the task correctly in the first instance:-

Create task with 28th Feb 2014 deadline
Add repeat for "every year" on the 28th day of February.
Remind, 30 days before deadline

I have run a test with a company with a year end date of 28th February 2014, set the repeat and then completed the task.  I would expect the next occurance of it (28th Feb 2015) to automatically appear on my task list again as it is now due (overdue in fact) and yet it isnt.  Its as if it is completely ignoring the repeat.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance
Kevin
Hi,

Unfortunately "repeat" option can be set only for the very first of the repeated tasks generated automatically by the task template, I've added your vote for this feature request. Thanks fo brinning this topic up.

Best,

Yana.
I am sorry, I don't follow...can you explain please!
Or are you saying that if i create 200 events that need repeating, it will only repeat the first one - despite the option being there when I create them to repeat them all?
I mean the reminders for repeated tasks need to be further developed, right now repeated tasks are created on base of tasks templates, the system allow to set reminder only for the very first task, but other repeated tasks created form the same template can not have a reminder.

If you have other problems with repeated tasks too - please report this to our Helpdesk - they will have a closer look. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.  
Erm...ok, that doesnt answer my question at all then :(
My issue is with repeated tasks, not reminders - though that will also now become a problem!

I was asking why the system seems to ignore repeated tasks.....
Dear Kevin,

Please attach you repeated task template settings screenshot (can be found in Tasks>tasks templates in the right top) to your ticket - the support team will maqke a test & assist further. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
I mean the reminders for repeated tasks need to be further developed, right now repeated tasks are created on base of tasks templates, the system allow to set reminder only for the very first task, but other repeated tasks created form the same template can not have a reminder.

If you have other problems with repeated tasks too - please report this to our  Helpdesk  - they will have a closer look. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Yana,
This issue (reminder only for the first of recurring tasks) is still valid right now November/2015? I need exactly this funcionality, each task of the recurring must be warned to me by email by XX days before completion.
Hi Fabio,

I'm afraid not this particular option, but a set of other useful options will be presented.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24