Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Wiki Index Page
Pages: 1
RSS
Wiki Index Page
I can't seem to find a page that lists all of the wiki pages for a group. When I click on the Wiki tab in the menu it just goes to the most recently created wiki. The only way we've found to get to the other wikis is to go hunt them down in the activity stream. I hope that I'm just missing this. Please help.
Hi, Dave!

Simply create "new category" in the main page editing mode. Enter the name of new category.

In the bottom of this page you'll see the list of categories. Select "category" to view the list of categories.

Red link means that you have add some text to this category.

More information about Wiki tool you can find here

Best Regards, Anna
Sorry I can't find where can I add categories in Wiki page.

Please can you help?

Thank you!
Hi Mirsad,

Please read more on Catagories and Tags here.

Kind regards,

Yana.
I am having the same issue or maybe it's not an issue but its just the way the app is set up.

I was able to create categories, but it's very confusing. Why not just create categories first and the allow to post articles in it? And the when clicking on WIKI it would should the categories. That should be the WIKI index page....now it's just the latest article/page there . I have to click on category link from there to see other categories and go from there....makes no sense to me.

My first day using the app and I found it amazing....this is the only complaint I have so far.

Great work.
Hi Jener,

Thanks for sharing, we'll have a closer look at our Wiki usability & logic section.

Yana.
Jener Lauriano wrote:
I am having the same issue or maybe it's not an issue but its just the way the app is set up.

I was able to create categories, but it's very confusing. Why not just create categories first and the allow to post articles in it? And the when clicking on WIKI it would should the categories. That should be the WIKI index page....now it's just the latest article/page there . I have to click on category link from there to see other categories and go from there....makes no sense to me.

My first day using the app and I found it amazing....this is the only complaint I have so far.

Great work.
One more vote for the above
Thanks for your vote Timothy.
+1 on this.  The wiki needs improvement.
Thanks Dale!

Yana.
Off topic...just starting to look at the Wiki....Question...Can the wiki be shared with the public?
Hi Doug!

No, wiki can only be accessed within Bitrix24. But you can invite external users to Bitrix24 & create this wiki in extranet workgroup.

Kind Regards,

Yana.  
can't see Extranet group in "create group"
only the following options:

Visible to all
Public group
Hi Gewei!

Only paid Bitrix24 plans subscribers have access to Extranet Workgroups module.

Please see this training course article on extranet workgroup creation.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Agreed! I'm liking everything about Bitrix24 except for the wiki implementation. This is the only thing holding me back fr om upgrading to a paying account. What I'd like to see is something more like a typical "wiki". In other words, when you click the "Wiki" menu, it should not only show the index page contents, but it should show a list of all the categories and pages, in a hierarchical "Tree" format. Usually this shows in a nested sidebar on the left, and is always visible. Clicking page in this list will then show the contents of that page. It is counter-intuitive and time consuming to have to click "Categories", then "All Pages" in order to view and access other wiki pages.

It is also counter intuitive to use the "Specify Category" icon in the toolbar of the wiki page editor in order to set a category. There should be a field labeled "Category" or "Choose Category" somewhere else on the wiki page creation form. Another option that many wiki's do is instead of using "categories", you just specify wh ere in the hierarchy/menu you want the page to appear.

You post has been moderated, please no promotion for other services at this forum.
Hi Brandon!

Thanks fro your observations, we'll take them into account. WiKi module was not included in our "features to update" roadmap before, we may consider this module for further development in future.

Kind Regards,

Yana.  
I would like to say that I am impressed by most of Bitrix24's features, but before I could consider upgrading to a higher level of service I would need a usable wiki.  Everything else is strong but the wiki is basically unusable as is.  At first I thought people were complaining about lack of fancy features, but I just wanted to create a simple basic wiki.  After trying to use it, I have to agree with the comments above that the wiki definitely needs work.  I have spent hours working with it and it does not retain all of the formatting shown in the preview once you hit publish.  Also the fact that it is very difficult to understand the logic of it makes it no good as a wiki.  I see the wiki is the glue that provides users with the flexibility to smooth over the few small cracks that a diverse set of users may encounter.  Any idea if the wiki has been given any consideration for a makeover in the foreseeable future?  Thanks.
Hi Darryl!

To tell the truth, we were not considering any WiKi upgrade, but thanks for brinning the topic up - we'll take this topic discussion into account when considering features upgrade roadmap for 2015 releases.

Best,

Yana.
I totally agree with the messages above. The Wiki implementation is REALLY BAD at the moment. I just started using Bitrix and I love it, except for the Wiki section.

I am currently using Basecamp and I want to replicate their functionality where you can create freely editable text documents for collaboration. I can't see any way to do this in Bitrix except for the Wiki, which is currently unusable.

This is the one weak point of Bitrix, compared to Basecamp and this will strongly affect my decision whether to move to Bitrix.
Hi Brent!

I understand that. Just a question - why don't you consider creating new word file texts inside Activity Stream messages - files can be created using computer applications (locally) or in the cloud using Google Docs or MS Office Web App (read more here)? We are working more on the Drive development & doc management currently than on Wiki. Do you find Wiki more suitable for your needs?

Best,

Yana.
Hi

Can you please give us some update and possible roadmap dates and how Wiki is going to be handled.
This is critical part of system for content/knowledge management and same as all people above, at the moment I find it unusable.

Few things, which should hopefully not be that much of an effort, need to be improved:
- already mentioned navigation pane (three view) on the left side of the screen
- better categories management
- category button on actual Wiki Page
- and critical for any Wiki implementation in my book - auto suggestions! at the moment you need to know exactly the name of the page you want to reference in another Wiki page. This is really making life hard as even one typo will make a red link for new/non existing page

I really like Bitrix but Wiki needs to be better to get my money I'm afraid.
I really hope we could get at least part of the functionality you can find in Confluence.

Regards,
Luke
Edited: Lukasz Zygmunt - 03/20/2015 20:56:01
Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for your observations, I'll pass them to the devs. Unfortunately we don't have short-term plans for WiKi area improvement at the moment.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopetswrote:

Thanks for your observations, I'll pass them to the devs. Unfortunately we don't have short-term plans for WiKi area improvement at the moment.

Best,

Yana.

Thank You for getting back to me, shame you have no near future plans for Wiki but at least I know what to expect.

Kind Regards,
I don't want to seem overly negative, but for an application that bills itself as a "free Confluence alternative," the wiki is woefully inept.

Here's some things that are desperately needed for that above statement to really be true:

• Hierarchical view of wikis and their contents

• Easy cross-linking to other wiki articles/sections; article embedding capabilities
  • "Excerpt" support
  • Table of contents
  • Attachments (versioned)
  • Revision history
And that's just a couple off the top of my head that, being omitted, really make me think twice about implementing this platform.
Hi Justin!

Thanks for the observations, I'll pass them to the devs.

Best,

Yana.
Most of the application is great and I really like it, but, the Wiki need a major improvement and the sooner the better (Confluence implementation is great to use as an example).
This is a major issue for me and while I can "hold on" at the moment it will a blocking issue when I expect to grow beyond the limited free edition (this is the only issue I can find which can form a true blocking "no go" decision).

Please give it a propriety as I would really like to keep using your great product for the long run.
Hi Maydan!

Thank you for your kind words & suggestions, though we don't have WiKi module update in the short-term plans, I think we may consider it's improvement for future.

Best,

Yana.
I'm currently evaluating Bitrix & Confluence for replacing our intranet.  We are a technology company and rely on users being able to easily add content and pages to a group wiki.  I love what I see with Bitrix except for the wiki.  Confluence builds up a wiki navigation tree automatically by assigning new wiki pages a parent page.   If I can't find a more intuitive method of building a navigation hierarchy, I don't see how we can move ahead with Bitrix.  Are there any plans to update the wiki and its navigation?  In reading the concerns of other users and the fact that Bitrix is sold as a Confluence alternative, I think this effort should get prioritized in your development.  The content editor is usable and it doesn't seem like improving navigation would be that big of a challenge.
Hi J W!

We're would like to thank you for your interest in Bitrix24, but, to be honest, we don't have short-term plans for the wiki section development at this stage. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi J W!

We're would like to thank you for your interest in Bitrix24, but, to be honest, we don't have short-term plans for the wiki section development at this stage. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana!

Too bad - because this is the only feature that's unusable at the moment form our point of view. Users simply can't work with that. We discussed this yesterday within our Knowledge Management Group - and after reading your post - we've to find another tool for our Knowledge Management.
We're not happy with that - because we do have important informations in two different applications.

Has anyone tried to use OneNote within Bitrix24?! Maybe this could help?! And we could use this within Bitrix24.
Confluence ofcourse is another option, but this is the worst case -> our users have to use two different apps for Knowledge Management.....

Thanks, Markus
Darryl Copeland wrote:
I would like to say that I am impressed by most of Bitrix24's features, but before I could consider upgrading to a higher level of service I would need a usable wiki.  Everything else is strong but the wiki is basically unusable as is.  At first I thought people were complaining about lack of fancy features, but I just wanted to create a simple basic wiki.  After trying to use it, I have to agree with the comments above that the wiki definitely needs work.  I have spent hours working with it and it does not retain all of the formatting shown in the preview once you hit publish.  Also the fact that it is very difficult to understand the logic of it makes it no good as a wiki.  I see the wiki is the glue that provides users with the flexibility to smooth over the few small cracks that a diverse set of users may encounter.  Any idea if the wiki has been given any consideration for a makeover in the foreseeable future?  Thanks.
I agree. We are trying to house some of our procedures in the Wiki so that they will be easy to find. However, I cannot edit as needed and wish there were a way to create multiple pages that would all display at once in a workgroup Wiki. The Wiki feature is not easy to use and lacks many features.
Hi Laura,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately we haven't scheduled any wiki module updates yet.

Best,

Yana.
Hi - Is there any way to delete a Wiki page once you have made it?

Joe
 Hi Joe,

You need to turn on admin mode in your profile page and "delete" option will appear in wiki page.

Best,

Yana.
wiki urgently needs a search engine
Hi Rodrigo,

We don't have plans for the WiKi module development, to be honest. At least for this fall\winter release. But thanks for the suggestion.

Best,

Yana.
+ 1 To improve Wiki to make it more useable as per previous posts.
B24_13628629 wrote:
+ 1 To improve Wiki to make it more useable as per previous posts.
Same here. Just to keep it on sceen for the devs.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24