Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Order of tasks / Subtasks
Pages: 1
RSS
Order of tasks / Subtasks
Project plans in the professional world start with first tasks on first line.
How can I generate a project plan in Bitrix24 with tasks that follow a certain order, how can I reorder tasks after I have entered them a while ago or after I have entered new tasks? I am not speaking of task-subtasks-hierarchies, just about the sequence of tasks on the same level. Drag on drop does not work unfortunately...  
Hi Bramwell,

I see what you mean, but this option is not available - we have a feature request that is "move tasks and subtasks within the tasks list (darg\drop)" - I've added your request to it. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Could you tell us an estimated date when this function will be available? (This topic is seven months old...)
Hi Ferenc,

We hope this year for sure. Thanks for paying attention.

Warm Reagrds,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Can you please confirm the current order logic? It does not appear to be alphabetical or by Task order.

Thank you,
Cindy
Hi Yana,

Please disregard the message above as I came across the answer.

Thank you,
Cindy
Hello,

this topic is very interesting for me.

In fact I found how to order tasks in the list view but in the gant view, I do not understand the logic.

Furthermore, once a view is set is it possible to submit it to all the person in the project ?
For instance, I'm a project manager and I want to submit a planning to the project leader but when he connect, he see something very different.

Thanks for your help.
Georges
Hi Georges,

If you want another group member to see all tasks of the workgroup, this user should open the workgroup>tasks>view=gantt chart>click "ALL" tab in the line "ongoing\assisting\set by me, etc.

Yana.  
I realize this is an old topic, but I don't see drag-and-drop task ordering implemented yet. Is there some other way task can be ordered so that everyone involved in a project see them in the same order?
Hi Larry!

I'm afraid not. I've add your vote for this option. Thank you.

Yana.
Hi, need this "very basic" function too. It's a lot of hassle trying to move the task around at the moment: I sometimes have to delete a task to achieve this, which is quite retarded given this "very basic" function is available other task management platform I encountered.
Bitrix team, please give us an idea if this will be available soon... I want to move on to other platforms if it won't be..
Hi, is there any progress on this?
Hi Jack & Henk!

I can only say that we have included this option in our short-term plans, it may be added next year (2015). Thanks for all votes.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopetswrote:
Hi Jack & Henk!

I can only say that we have included this option in our short-term plans, it may be added next year (2015). Thanks for all votes.

Best,

Yana.

Dear Yana

It is 2015 now. I hope this (moving tasks) gets available soon. I wanted to present this to my CEO with a filled-out project management gantt chart, and the tasks being all over the place can be very embarrassing for me and also to recommend this product.

Regards
Usman Ali
Edited: Usman Ali - 01/08/2015 13:49:51
Hi Usman!

I see your points, the next Bitrix24 update will be within our spring release, I will be abale to advise later if the tasks module will be revised for that release.

Thanks for the feedback.

Best,

Yana.
Yana,

Do you have a release date to give us ?

BR - BM
Hi Bernard,

The tasks module is planned for the minor revise fro this late spring\beginning of summer release & we hope to give this module more attention in the second half of 2015.

Best,

Yana.
This would be an excellent feature, as most projects don't have a start date but they do have task dependencies. If you had a duration and dependency link, you would be able to manage projects based upon dependency and duration which would drive the order. Once a start date was added, the tasks could have an estimated date and more accurate gantt chart.
Hi Mike!

Thanks, we'll take into account.

Best,

Yana.
Hi,

I don't see drag-and-drop task ordering implemented yet.

When is it planned ? We are mid-2015 now...

Ann-Michelle
I can't promise, but we plan tasks module changes to take place this fall.

Best,

Yana.
Hi,

I was looking for solution for social, project management and CRM for my company.

I came across Bitrix24 and I am very impressed with the features provided.

I was going to propose Bitrix24 to my company.

However, during my testing of Tasks feature... the inability to arrange tasks(and subtasks) is really horrible!

And I hope there can also be improvement in navigation between subtask and parent task.

It was painful to use...

Before these improvements implemented, I cannot propose this solution to my company.

I have high hopes on Bitrix24, please get them ready.

Best Regards,
Victor  
Edited: Victor Wong - 07/09/2015 07:59:03
Hi Victor!

I see.. thnaks for the kind word & I hope we'll be able to win over the drawbacks in Tasks module in future.

Best,

Yana.
Georges Temime wrote:
Hello,

this topic is very interesting for me.

In fact I found how to order tasks in the list view but in the gant view, I do not understand the logic.

Furthermore, once a view is set is it possible to submit it to all the person in the project ?
For instance, I'm a project manager and I want to submit a planning to the project leader but when he connect, he see something very different.

Thanks for your help.
Georges
I am disappointed that the management of tasks is so poor and that changes suggested for spring/summer havent been delivered. At the moment I think Tasks in Bitrix are useless and we will have to export to Excel and manage that way which totally defeats the purpose of a tool like Bitrix. If I had realised this basic functionality was missing we would not have bought!!

In this post there is talk of ordering tasks in the list view - I cannot find how to do this. The help system doesnt tell me! Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks for any help
Mike
Hi Mike!

You can only use filters to reorder tasks at the moment. I'll add your vote to the drag & drop option.

Your notes are clear & understandable, hope we'll be able to start implementing tasks module changes this fall.

Thank you.

Yana.
Task dependencies & drag&drop for Gantt Chart have been added to your Bitrix24 intranets. Hope you'll enjoy the new options.

Best,

Yana.
Dear Yana,

When these features will be available in the SELFHOSTED version ?

Marton
Still waiting for the drag & drop reorder task feature...
Hi Victor,

It is already available in Gantt Chart view, we also plan to add it to the simple list view later.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Victor,

It is already available in Gantt Chart view, we also plan to add it to the simple list view later.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

I still cannot reorder the tasks even in Gantt Chart view, did I miss something?

Best Regards,
Victor
Dear Victor,

Please set sort by = custom - it will allow to use drag&drop reorder (not that obvious unfortunately)

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Dear Victor,

Please set sort by = custom - it will allow to use drag&drop reorder (not that obvious unfortunately)

Best,

Yana.
I see... it works!

Thanks a lot and looking forward to have it in List view too.
Thanks for the suggestion Victor!

Best,

Yana
Dear Yana,

Where do I find the 'sort by' option in tasks. We have a self hosted system.

Thanks,
Henk
Hi Henk!

It should be found same place as in the cloud:

If you don't see it in tasks - please check if you have the latest updates installed or contact our Helpdesk. Thanks.

Best,

Yana.
Hi

Is it possible to move a task such that it becomes a sub-task of another task?

I'm just gettring started with Bitrix24 and like what I see so far, but have a bunch of tasks which need to be re-aaranged so that they are grouped as sub-tasks.

Thanks for any help.

Jules
Hi Julien,

You can't drag&drop, but you can edit one task that should become dependent one, click subtask (the option works as "make this task as subtask of") and choose task which you'd like to make parent task.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Henk!

It should be found same place as in the cloud:

If you don't see it in tasks - please check if you have the latest updates installed or contact our Helpdesk. Thanks.

Best,

Yana.

Hi Yana,

It does not work on our account. Should I do something extra except set sort by 'custom'?

Best regards

Wojtek
Hallo,

I came across this thread because custom sorting of tasks still doesnt seem to work reliably.

Rearranging tasks works like it should, but as soon as you update the page the arrangement gets reset to its previous order.

I could not find a function to save the task view with the custom sort order.

Unfortunately it is not usable like this, or did I overlook something?

This is happening with the Gantt list view.

Thanks for your help,
Robert.
Hi there,

I am evaluating Bitrix24 for my company.  Does drag and drop task functionality exist?  I have a trial of the cloud version?

I cannot find the Sort By "Custom" option.

A previous user mentions that you can change the order but this does not get saved.  

Please could you clarify.  

Many thanks,
Roger

Hi! Drag and drop functionality exist in our Gantt chart and Kanban view. Remember: to access indent\outdent & drag&drop options in Gantt Chart for your tasks, you have to select 2 options under Tasks > Settings:

• Group Subtasks option enabled
  • Sort is set as My      Sorting

We do offer a free demo of the Bitrix Cloud version, you can register a free account at bitrix.com; you just have to click on a green “start free” button and proceed with a standard registration.

Regards,

Nick

Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24