Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Major Problem with the Calendar, please help
Pages: 1
RSS
Major Problem with the Calendar, please help
Just got started with Bitrix and it feels right for our company BUT the Calendar is a major issue. We need to have a reliable calendar.

The problem is that when I add an event or somthing it jumps back one day. For example I set somthing for the 12th and it jumpts to the 11th? if I log in and out it has jumped back to the 12th, most time. But some times I can't event get it to set the date right if I set the exact time. We realy need to be abble to trust our Calendar. Please let me know if this can/will be resolved soon or else we will have to look else where.
Bump... still need a reply
The Event is appearing the day before, but then, if you navigate away and come back, it appears correctly, and it does appear correctly when viewed by other users.  This is a problem, indeed, but the event itself is not actually being stored in the wrong day, it is only showing up on the wrong day immediately after creation, and then showing up properly after that. It is being worked on.
What is the ETA on this being fixed? Days, weeks, Months, years?
Days.  The solution already has been created and is in final testing.
Hi,

Not sure has the patch been released but for recurrence events, the problem is still exist.  Please let me know when this will be addressed.  Thanks!
Hello,
This has been fixed. And I didn't manage to reproduce the described error. Would you please create a ticket in the Helpdesk and explain the issue in details. What parameters are set for the recurring event?
This issue is fixed in IE but still reproducible in Google Chrome.
I cannot reproduce the error in Chrome as well. What parameters are set for the recurring event?
This is an issue I've reproduced in Chrome since I signed up (yesterday).  It happens no matter what.  I just created a task and set a due date.  I clicked in 10/17/12 within the task calendar, and 10/16/12 was what ended up getting selected.  Attached a screenshot of what I mean.
We' ll fix this error. Sorry for the inconvenience.
This feature is still not working properly - same thing is happening as described by this other user.
I've been asking about this since last year. The calendar times are still wrong. I've cre ated events in my google calendar and bitrix calendar changed my end date and times to the next day causing my events to be all out of sync. What is the issue here? It's quite frustrating if I'm always worried that my planned events are not set to the right time.
Edited: Ralph Tsai - 01/16/2013 23:32:48
I'm having the exact same issue. I've scheduled tasks and tried to assign events to the calendar, but the calendar and date system keeps malfunctioning. Without an effective calendar and date system that works, Bitrix24 becomes useless. What I really needed is a platform that can maintain schedules, dates, and tasks. I'm guessing the Bitrix24 team doesn't know how to fix this problem. It's been an ongoing issue for more than 6 months. We want to use your services, but we've got to know if problems like these are actually getting fixed.
Dear all,

This topic holds descriptions of several bugs, and when you write: "I Have the same" and do not describe it,  I actually do not know what exactly error you mean.
We are working on solving bugs, most of the errors with dates in calendars have been already fixed.

Ralph Tsai wrote:
I've cre ated events in my google calendar and bitrix calendar changed my end date and times to the next day causing my events to be all out of sync.
I've checked the issue. I didn’t manage to repeat the problem. Could you please describe what settings of timezones you have in your profiles (Bitrix24 and Google) and what is your current timezone. We will wait for details in a support ticket.

Antwon Davis wrote:
I've scheduled tasks and tried to assign events to the calendar, but the calendar and date system keeps malfunctioning.
Do you mean that tasks are shown in calendar with incorrect dates? Please also clarify your timezone settings in a support ticket.

Thank you.
I have the same issue in Chrome of selecting the date, Feb 20th for example, it really selects Feb 19th, and saves it as Feb 19th. So, we're selecting 1 day ahead of what we want as a workaround... but please fix the date selector. It must be a jquery or javascript issue, it's clearly selecting the day before where you click!
i want to start trialing Bitrix for our organization, but posts like this are quite concerning...seems like it take several months to fix bugs, and the Bitrix team isn't extremely friendly about doing it...i.e. quite accusatory/denying blame when clearly several people are having the same issue.
I understand your concerns. There were several bugs that produced similar effects, some concerned with browser handling and some with timezones. Combined, they do indeed make it seem like it's taken us a long time to react. We are developing the product and bug-killing rapidly, and we are coming out of beta very soon, so this issue is much more of an exception than a rule.
Hi we just signed up yesterday and are having this exact problem.  When we try to set dates on tasks despite clicking on the 26th it will highlight and select the 24th.  If I want to select the 26th I have to select the 28th.

Also, one of my contractors just tried syncing with Google Calendar and it put february appts in October and jumped appointments forwards and back by a day or two.  

I also noticed that despite the time being correct at the top of the screen, the time displayed in the chat session between my assistant and me was in the wrong am/pm (ie correct time just off 12 hours).

This is kind of a big bug and I see it's been discussed since at least last summer - any fixes in site?

thanks
Amanda
Hi, Amanda!
In this topic was discussed different time relating mistakes, and the part of it was already solved.
At the moment there all mistakes on the portal are caused by timezone mismatch or an old windows version.
Here are two point you have to check:

This error might appear if your Time Zone settings in your Bitrix24 profile don’t match the Time Zone on your computer.
If you sel ected a time zone from the list in your profile, please make sure that it matches the time zone on your computer. (To check your profile settings, select "Edit Profile Settings" - Time Zone and check the Time Zone on your local computer (see image). If the user selected a specific time zone in the Bitrix24 profile, she needs to check that it matches the time zone on the local computer.

2. If the user’s timezone in Profile is set to accept the browser setting, she has to check the Windows upd ate. Older windows versions could have such errors. In this case, she needs to upd ate her Windows.

All users who have the same situation should check these 2 points:
1. time zone in profile and on the local computer.
2. Windows upd ate.

This error might appear if your Time Zone settings in your Bitrix24 profile don’t match the Time Zone on your computer.
If you selected a time zone fr om the list in your profile, please make sure that it matches the time zone on your computer. (To check your profile settings, select "Edit Profile Se ttings" - Time Zone and check the Time Zone on your local computer. If the user selected a specific time zone in the Bitrix24 profile, she needs to check that it matches the time zone on the local computer.

2. If the user’s timezone in Profile is se t to accept the browser se tting, she has to check the Windows update. Older windows versions could have such errors. In this case, she needs to update her Windows.

All users who have the same situation should check these 2 points:
1. time zone in profile and on the local computer.
2. Windows update.

We also understand that it may bring some inconvenience. We are already working on the protection of such errors relating the mismatch of the time zones.
I am struggling with the same issue. You ask for precise details so you can replicate the problem so here goes:

Sometimes I can put events when I want them but at other times  Birtix will make them 4 hours later or a full day earlier.  For example at the moment I am trying to create an event on Sunday April 14th. If I create it without start and end times the system will move it to the previous day.  I have tried in 2 different browsers on my PC and made a third attempt on my ipad.  I have tried with Bitrix set to my time zone (GMT - London) and with it set to use the browser's time zone but there seems to be no way of creating an untimed event on April 14th.
On the other hand I can create timed events during the day that work perfectly provided the finish time is set to 8.55 PM or earlier.  Once the finish time reaches 9 PM Bitrix shifts the event so that it starts and finishes four hours later than I want.  In other words if I enter an event to start at 6 pm and finish at 9pm the system will  move it to start at 10PM and finish at 1AM the following morning.  I haven't tried every single date in April but it happens on every one I have tried. I've  tried a couple of dates in May and had the same issues. I have reloaded the calendar page just in case but navigating away from it and then back (as described in reply to an earlier post) makes no difference.

Neither problem happens on dates before April 2013. ! Perplexing....

I do hope you can sort these issues out.  I am trialing the free version and hoping onto the subscription version for the whole organisation.  So far I love everything except the calendar.

Best wishes

Carl Grainger
Hi, Carl!
Do any of your coworkers have the same problem? It has happened that some problems like these have gone away by switching the profile time zone setting from "Default" to "yes, use browser settings", but not always. Have you tried updating your operating system? If you have checked that your settings in your user profile and your local computer's operating system are the same, then go ahead and put in a ticket into the support desk.
Thank you!
Anna Yakovleva wrote:
Hi, Carl!
Do any of your coworkers have the same problem? It has happened that some problems like these have gone away by switching the profile time zone setting from "Default" to "yes, use browser settings", but not always. Have you tried updating your operating system? If you have checked that your settings in your user profile and your local computer's operating system are the same, then go ahead and put in a ticket into the support desk .
Thank you!
I'm having this problem as well with bitrix moving my dates up a day. For me however, when I originally create an event it's fine but if I make changes or make it a recurring event then it'll change the date to a day before. My time zone is set up right too.
I did some more testing and it appears as if the dates change when I try to schedule anything after 4PM Pacific Time. It's almost like bitrix is set to a different time zone than my users so it's having a conflict.
Hi, Jamar!

Where do you see this date mismatch in Calendar while creating an event or in task deadline settings? Which timezone settings do you have in your profile?
I did some more testing and it appears as if the dates change when I try to schedule anything after 4PM Pacific Time.
So the mismatch appears not all the time, but only after 4PM?
Anna Yakovleva wrote:
Hi, Jamar!

Where do you see this date mismatch in Calendar while creating an event or in task deadline settings? Which timezone settings do you have in your profile?
I did some more testing and it appears as if the dates change when I try to schedule anything after 4PM Pacific Time.
So the mismatch appears not all the time, but only after 4PM?
Hi Anna,

My time zone is set to -7:00 Los Angeles and yes the date switches on anything scheduled after 4 and it also doesn't have the option to schedule anything after 6:00PM.
Jamar, please contact our technical support. We will analyze your situation more precisely.

Thank you!
BR, Anna
I'm also facing this issue.  I'm trying to schedule a reoccurring meeting and it keeps switching my date the day before and it switches the time from 4:30 to 2:30.  

What I want is a reoccurring meeting on Wednesday's from 4:30pm - 6pm.  What I get when I enter it the right way is that it shows up a reoccuring meeting on Tuesday's from 2:30pm - 4pm.  

I tried the time zone settings as suggested in this forum and for now I've set my time zone to be UTC -07:00 America/Los_Angeles.

I tried different combinations and finally did a hack to get the meeting to show up the way I wanted to.  However this is will not be a solution for others in our organization.  

Here's how I set the meeting finally to get it to show up on the right date/time:
Wednesday 05/08/2013 4:30 pm - Wednesday 05/08/2013 6:00 pm
Repeat:Every week(s): Thursday
from 05/07/2013
This makes it repeat every Wednesday even though the chosen day is showing as Thursday.  I needed a workaround and for now this will do.  However this is a major issue that needs to be addressed.  

To give you some system info:
I'm on a Macbook Pro with 10.8.3.  I'm using Chrome to access our bitrix24 site.  
We just started trying out bitrix24 and the calendar feature is very crucial to us so I would really appreciate any help in getting this issue resolved.

Thanks,
Roshini
Hi, Roshini!
Is this situation appear only when you add a repeated event in calender?

I tried the time zone settings as suggested in this forum and for now I've set my time zone to be UTC -07:00 America/Los_Angeles.  
Do you time zone settings on your local computer correspond to UTC -07:00 America/Los_Angeles?

Please, submit a ticket in the helpdesk. We'll handle this.

Best Regards, Anna
DTS: 05142013-0715

Hello,

This is interesting, as I read through the events. I'm not able to reproduce the errors and the appearance of the issues can be merely a Time zone offest. I use Chrome on WIN8 and Google's Android Experience (GAE). All of my calendars and contacts two-way sync immediately. Seeing the difference between the time zones, it may be your settings.

Try:

1. Click your user name, in the upper right corner
2. Edit My Profile> Personal Settings>Auto Time Zone>
3. Choose: No, sel ect fr om list.
4. Time Zone
5. Select your time zone.

The issue: Installation, OS, and browser each have different settings, for retrieving Time Zone data.
Edited: Mario Stevenson - 05/14/2013 18:28:26 (New Issue Discovered with Editor)
Dear Bitrix24 Clients!

I'm glad to tell you that we've found the cause of all time mismatches on the portal and we will try to fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help in the detection of this bug!

Bitrix24 Team.
So, has this been addressed? I'm currently evaluating Bitrix for my company (we're outgrowing iCal/iCloud and it's starting to lose data) but I'm still seeing the calendar issues show up. I was unable to get a Google Calendar to show up properly in the client (multiple events showed up on the same day -- even past events fr om previous years) and when I attempt to link iCal and the Bitrix calendar I get the bug wh ere my appointment from 11:00am-1:00pm comes up on iCal as 11:00am to 5:00am the next day. I've disabled time zone support in the OS, and moved around times -- it seems to show up when appointments straddle noon. I changed to 24-hour time and still had the same issue. I run an appointment-based business and absolutely need a reliable calendar I can share with my offsite teams. Is there anything to be done here?
nope - has not been addressed - despite Bitrix's insistance that it's been fixed - it's still a bug.  We have taken every recommended action and have given up expecting the calendar to work.  There seems to be no rhyme or reason.  All of our tasks - regardless of the due date show up as overdue.  
Alas, then I'll be looking at other solutions. I really wanted this to work -- all of the other features looked like exactly what we wanted, but we are an appointment-based business, so an unreliable calendar trumps everything else.
Hi Yanna,

You have been helping me with other issues.

I am having this issue as well.

I have added a calendar from Bitrix to outlook.
I have copied all my info from the old calendar to the new one.
It seems to synch from my outlook to my bitrix calendar just fine, However also have the new Calendar synched with my outlook on my iphone. (iphone 5, IOS v 7.04)  This is not working. It seems to be an hour or so out.
The new events are also not showing up in the bitrix app on my iphone!!
I further added a calendar event from my bitrix mobile app and it did not show up in the app however it did on my online bitrix calendar list!!
I looked into my iphone settings and in the settings calendar, it is synching bitrix for contacts however gives no option to synch the calendar. Thus the calendar on my iphone is not synching with bitrix even though it is set up to do it!!!

You will need to add this in asap!! Your system is very frustrating. At every turn there seems to be yet another thing that does not work!!!

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Soraya
Answered here
Hi there,
I am having the same issue with the calendar. If I set up recurring event for every Tuesday, once I reload the page later or next day some of the events move back a day or show up in the following week and on a day early, example I set it up start date 6/23/14 end date 6/23/14, recurring every Tuesday, it will change to start date 6/24/14 end date 6/23/14 and moves my event to following monday and changes the setting on its own to Mondays. Any help on this? Getting pretty frustrated here. Thank you
Edited: B24_561683 - 06/26/2014 05:49:44
Dear B24_561683,

Please contact our Help deskwith the problem description. Thank you!

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24