Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Documents and Bitrix24.Drive » Add new document in the online drive and use a default document format
Pages: 1
RSS
Add new document in the online drive and use a default document format
Hi,
I have a couple of questions about the online drive (not the local one on the pc).
Because the local bitrix24 drive can not lock documents. That is a major problem for us. If two people start editing a document at the same time you get a mess.
And as much as I like the local drive we can not use it because of this. So we need to use the online version.

Two things that I am missing or can not find are: a way to make documents and how to have a default document format (a document that has a standard layout that can be used and only "save as" is active, so they can not overwrite the format document).
As I see now, you can only make documents in the stream, not directly in the online drive.

greetings,
Aaron
Hi Aaron!

Files in Bitrix24 Online Drive can be locked for editing, but for all users - I guess your suggestion is to lock file for editing for ll users except youself?
As I see now, you can only make documents in the stream, not directly in the online drive.
Yes, right now the interface allows this way only, I've passed the suggestion to the devs.
how to have a default document format
The supported formats are documents, spreadsheet, presentation - these are the formats supported by Google Docs.

Yana.  
Hi Yana,
Yes I know that files can be locked, but that is if you do it manually. It would improve the workflow if it was done automatically. It would also eliminate the possibility of a human error (as in forgetting to lock it). The only way it is locking automatically is when you open a file through your browser.

But if we are going to work through the browser you should be able to make documents easily. Perhaps, wherever you are under the green (create) button in the upper left (and also somewhere in the online drive section). Great that you have passed it to the devs. We are still testing bitrix24 and my boss is breathing in my neck for a good workflow. My coworkers are absolutely no computer geniuses :-) So the sooner the better for this to be implemented.

I know that the supported document formats are documents, spreadsheet an presentation, but I meant something else. Perhaps I was not clear.
We would like to have a document in the drive with some preformated information in it. People can open the document but when they wan't to save it they have to do a save as, so they can't overwrite the preformated document. Is this possible?

Is the possibility of locking a document when you opened it through the bitrix24 drive (app) on your computer being looked into? I think when you are aiming at making software for collaboration between people, making sure that you don't get a version mess should be high on the list. In google drive you can edit at the same time and see the other editing it. That would be nice, but a basic autolock would be good to.

greetings,
Aaron
Dear Aaron!

Thanks for the detailed explanations, here is what I can respond:

We would like to have a document in the drive with some preformated information in it. People can open the document but when they wan't to save it they have to do a save as, so they can't overwrite the preformated document. Is this possible?
This is what does not depend on us, but on the external services via which you edit the files, that is why I'm afraid there is nothing we can do in this direction currently.

a basic autolock would be good to.
We haven't developed the autolock option much, I prefer to be honest & say we don't plan to add this option in the upcoming releases, but we'll consider it for future implementation - mostly if we'll see more requests.
Thank you for sharing your observations.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana and Aaron, this request makes sense for me also.  Not what I was looking for initially, but a document which can pre-formatted (so a template), locked and then available with 'save as' functionality only would be great.  
Hi Rachel,

Thansk for the suggestion, we'll see what can be done from our side in this regard later.

Best,

Yana.
HI Yana,
I am hearing rumors that Bitrix24 will be adding the Lock Document feature back into the Company Drive. Do you have an update on this?
Regards
Hi John,

We plan to add it back as a paid option for the cloud, and as a part of standard package for the self-hosted version.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,
Just checking in. Any idea on when they will have the Lock document feature back for the self Hosted?
Thanks
John
Hi John,

It should be available already, please make sure you've installed updates. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24