Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Documents and Bitrix24.Drive » About Access permission and Business Process
Pages: 1
RSS
About Access permission and Business Process
1 .First of all, The sharing and Access Permission have similar functions, What are the differences ? When should I use which of them for optimal results?
2.  What is the main difference between "Edit" and " Full access?"
3. Does a user have to have Full access to a document in order to initiate a Business Process?   (for example, a user want to have the supervisor read a document he create under the permission of "edit" in a work group.)
4.  When the "Enable extended permission control for individual files and folders" options turned on, Document accessibility are inconsistent. For example , if a user is granted Full access  for the Work group drive, individual restriction doesn't stop the user from using any of the documents.  However, if a user is only granted full access for one folder, individual restriction on a single sub-folder or sub document can prevent said user from using the document. This very confusing.

5. I saw an access permission  rank  call "add" in tutorial , but i don't see it when i am setting access permission configuration.
6. I want a user to be able to edit a document or create a document under certain folder. However, he will be also granted the permission to delete the whole folder without a trace (irreversibly deleting) . How can i prevent that?  
Hi Yu Ang Li!

1. After Drive update, we have chnaged Access Permissions option name to Sharing - that is same in fact, the "outside" sharing is called now "public link"
2. "edit"=read&edit, "full access" + can also delete
3. Not sure about this one, please see with our Helpdesk with BP settings page.

For example , if a user is granted Full access  for the Work group drive, individual restriction doesn't stop the user fr om using any of the documents.
Yes, because the rule is: if a user is assigned various access roles (e.g. belongs to both a workgroup and a department which are granted different access levels, or given various access roles in general Drive access permissions settings and in particular file or folder), the user will always be granted the highest level of access allowed by the various roles. For example, if the user has full access to your Bitrix24 Company Drive you won't be able to restrict his access to particular Company Drive's file(folder).

In other words, you should better give restrict main access to folder and extend access for particular files.

5. That can be connected with our Drive update, we've renamed several option, could you pleasea dvise where have you seen this?

6. All deleted files and folders are gathere in Recycle Bin - wh ere thay can be accessed only by intranet admins and restored (Show>Recycle Bin)

Best,

Yana.
I have the self hosted version, and still have both options. (see screenshot). So the original question: Which feature should be used by default? (and what is the difference)
Yana Prokopets wrote:
1. After Drive update, we have changed Access Permissions option name to Sharing - that is same in fact, the "outside" sharing is called now "public link"
Hi David,

Are you sure you have the lates version - updates downloaded? Now the Drive has "get public link" and sharing options:

If your version is the latest, please contact our Helpdesk for the self-hosted versions. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24