Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » CRM
Pages: 1
RSS
CRM, questions on a couple of CRM basics
Just recently installed Bitrix24 after using Act for over 10 years and had a couple of problems finding things that are mentioned in the tutorials.
First, I imported via csv files about 2500 contacts, and I was able to get the contacts and company modules to display various fields in the main table.  
However when I click on any individual contact as shown below there is no contact information displayed in the screen.  

[img]file:///C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.jpg[/img]

I tried creating a card or folder (can’t remember what they are called) that would display for each contact.  In the tutorial it says that if I click on the Add button in the company module (below) There is an option to create a card/folder,  there is no option shown.  See next screen below.

[img]file:///C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image004.jpg[/img]

[img]file:///C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image006.jpg[/img]

Finally was trying to create a report but it only gives me Deal, Product, Lead, Invoice or Activity fields to use.  Why can’t I write a report using contacts?  Is there a way?

[img]file:///C:\Users\Randy\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image008.jpg[/img]

Thanks in advance.
Randy Bacon
Hi Randy!

I would kindly ask you to try to attasch the screenshots one more time - they will be really quite helpful. Thank you.

Yana.

Attached are screen shots that I referenced in my earlier message.
Randy Bacon
Hi Randy!

Firts, there is no option for contacts in Report Biulder currently- we've added your vote for this feature, you can build up reports on contacts participating in deals now, but not as stand alone elements.

First, I imported via csv files about 2500 contacts, and I was able to get the contacts and company modules to display various fields in the main table.
However when I click on any individual contact as shown below there is no contact information displayed in the screen.
What do you mean by the main tables? (field names match during import process; or field content displayed ok in the contacts list preview - CRM>contacts; etc.)

Do you mean that the fields content has not been successfully imported? If the import hasn't succeed, please try to create custom fields first (if you have any) , add a couple of new sample contact & export them - check if the fields content format is similar with the imported file fields format.

For better understanding screenshots will suite best I guess. Thank you.

BTW we were updating the service greatly since this weekend, that can be the reason of some problems occur, if the problems persist - we'll have to take a closer look. thank you.
Yana.
Yana,
Thanks for your quick replies!  
I was able to import a cvs file that had over 2000 contacts in it.  This file had 19 different fields (name, email, phone number, etc).  From the My Workspace area I could click on the company or contacts module at the top of the page and upon opening that section I was able to add those fields so I could view the contacts and the fields that I wanted to see.  However if I wanted to click on one individual contact (or company) and see a detail of their contact information, all of the fields except for the company name at the top are  blank and I can't find an edit button to allow me to edit this screen either.  See screen attached.
One general comment.  I work as a commercial mortgage and loan broker so I work with clients on both ends of a transactions, so I maintain a large list of both borrowers and lenders, as opposed to just dealing with customers that I am selling a defined list of products or services to.  It is helpful to be able to access lists of contacts that can be filtered by various parameters depending on the factors of a specific project.  So being able to create the contact reports as I had asked about earlier would be very useful in my work.  Would just ask that your developers consider this with future updates.
Thanks Randy.
Would just ask that your developers consider this with future updates.
Sure, we'll do. Thanks for the detailed argumentation.

About the problem - please submit a ticket to the Helpdesk with this screenshot, all the detailed explanation above & import file sample (we do not need all your 2000 contacts, just a couple of lines as sample). Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Yana.  
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24