Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » How to find or sort documents attached to a deal
Pages: 1
RSS
How to find or sort documents attached to a deal
Hi all...just trying to figure out the workflow for document attachments in Bitrix24.....

How do people store documents?  If you attach them to a deal, then they are just in the stream of the deal, and it is sometimes hard to find what you are looking for if there are many attachments.

Conversely, you can add those files to folders in Bitrix24, but then they are there forever, and you may not want to keep them after a deal is closed.

What I am looking for (I am a new user so it might be there), is a "Files" tab in any given Deal that lists all of the files uploaded to that specific deal.  Is there such functionality without moving all files to their own permanent folders?

Thanks!
Hi Nick,

a "Files" tab in any given Deal that lists all of the files uploaded to that specific deal.
We don't have this feature at the moment. Thank you for the suggestion - I've put it to our Dev department.

Sincerely,

Yana.
I am also trying to attach files to deals and finding things tricky. I want to attach the proposals word docs and pdfs to particular deals and the only way I can find is to add them fr om deals - activity - add new event - having set up propsal as an event type and you can attach a doc to the deal stage.

But them wh ere does it go? seems to disappear completely from activities but can be found in history only - this will be difficult to handle.
How else can a file be attached to a deal?

Thanks
Hi Richard,

When you're attaching files to the messages in CRM there is an option to choose the folder where you want this file to be saved - it is  set to save the file to the message by default, but you can change it and save to a special folder. (see screenshot)

Regards,

Yana.
Yep, saw that you could save files in a folder for later use, but for the vast majority of my deals, I do not have need for storing them so that I need access to them later in some other place.  While a deal is in play, it is nice to see all files associated with that deal, but after the deal is closed, if we use your suggestion above, those files will hang around in that folder when they really aren't needed any more.  Folder storage, at least in my way of thinking, is only for longer term items...and IF a Deal needed longer term storage, there is already that functionality built in...but for short term Deals, it seems like that 'list all files in the Deal's Stream" functionality is the missing counterpart to that.
for the vast majority of my deals, I do not have need for storing them so that I need access to them later in some other place.  While a deal is in play, it is nice to see all files associated with that deal, but after the deal is closed,
it seems like that 'list all files in the Deal's Stream" functionality is the missing counterpart to that.
Yes, I do understand the functionality you're talking about & I've put the suggestion to our Dev team. Thank you for the detailed explanation - we'll take that into account.

Regards,

Yana.
Awesome, thanks!
I am using this feature of uploading files and then saving them in a location on Bitrix24 as per the above but the only problem I have is that I cannot create a directory at the same time to store the docs.

for example I want to store the proposal doc against the deal in the directory proposal / deal name but deal name as a sub directory does not exist yet - can it be created from the upload menu in Deals?
Hi Richard,

for example I want to store the proposal doc against the deal in the directory proposal / deal name but deal name as a sub directory does not exist yet - can it be created from the upload menu in Deals?

Unfortunately, this option is not available, I've put the suggestion to our Dev team. Thank you.

Regards,

Yana.
+1
Thanks!
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24