Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » VERY USEFUL Custom Field - import
Pages: 1
RSS
VERY USEFUL Custom Field - import, Management and category cutome field
Hi
We are using the custome field to manage our client the only pb is that we have 100 of custome field by category so with Bitrix it is not really practical right now

let me show you a screen shot so you can understand

what your dev needs to do it to be able to create category in custom field and to put the custom field in each category and beig able to sort them so it looks much better and useful

Import

I am trying to import data from vtiger and on most of the field i have a choice (menue)
I can not import a list nor import in a string then change to drop down box

to be clear let us say i have a field called city with Miami / Moscow / Paris

i can export in csv and import in bitrix but if I need to change the city of for the next cleint I can not use this field

thanks

Hi
After searching I have found form setting but i do not manage to get the ab to appear anywhere
can you give explanantion on how to use form setting

i thing that should let me organize custom fild in different tab? so this is clear and easy use

for my second question i am still reading on how to do it

Hi Cyril,

I can not import a list nor import in a string then change to drop down box

Unfortunately not (you cannot create\change a drop down box custom field). Only list or checklist designd are available now.

to be clear let us say i have a field called city with Miami / Moscow / Paris

i can export in csv and import in bitrix but if I need to change the city of for the next cleint I can not use this field
Actually you can export in csv with a list type custom field (list  Miami / Moscow / Paris ) and import same format data file back (with one\s of the cities set in the list) - it will be imported as list. Please note that if you need to create\import contacts with new list line (New York for example) - you should first add this line to your Bitrix24 custom filed (list). (You can edit custom fields  in CRM>Settings>Custom Fields>Contacts>Templates>edit). You can set as many cities in the list as you need.

what your dev needs to do it to be able to create category in custom field and to put the custom field in each category and beig able to sort them so it looks much better and useful
Thank you for the suggestion, I've put it to the dev team.

Regards,

Yana.
After searching I have found form setting but i do not manage to get the ab to appear anywhere  
can you give explanantion on how to use form setting

i thing that should let me organize custom fild in different tab?
You can create Section Deviders with the help of this form setting. For example

To do that click Add in the Form Settings window "Tab fields" section

In the Section devider window set the name of the future devider line (import details in my sample). Save.
The line will appear at the bottom of the list, place in above the field name that should appear below this devider (with the help of up and down tabs) Save.

You can choose which fields will be displayed in the form by placing them either in "Tab Field" - left column, or not shown in the form - put the ti the right column in "available fields".

Please do not pay attention to the Tabs section (this functional is limited now  - it allows to create additional tabs, but they will not be displayed in your Bitrix24 now)

Kind Regards,

Yana.
devider appear and can be organized as you said so this is very useful but once i exit edit mode to view mode all dessapear so we can not keep the set template form

i must be doing something wrong

the best solution is once you have created the tabs and put the field in it on the view of the contact to create like Stram Activity Deals ( screen shot  the personalise tab with the field in it

that would be absolutly perfect

because now to see my organise field in each contact i need to go to edit mode that is weird?

if not possible at least keepinp the tab like in edit mode screenshot

t

thanks
Edited: Cyril Darmouni - 01/30/2014 23:24:37 (Screenshot missing)
devider appear and can be organized as you said so this is very useful but once i exit edit mode to view mode all dessapear so we can not keep the set template form
Unfortunately the deviders will be seen only in the edit mode.

the best solution is once you have created the tabs and put the field in it on the view of the contact to create like Stram Activity Deals ( screen shot  the personalise tab with the field in it

You can add tabs to this line (stream activity deals...) with the help of form settings

Create new tabs and move your custom fields there. (you need first to drag these custom fields from the tabs they are now to the available fields, then drag them to new tabs you've created). Please note that the tabs may appear empty if the custom fields will not be filled. (for example if in your new Tab you have custom field City - and for the particular contact the city was not chosen - the Tab will appear empty).

Thank you for suggesting custom fields categories - we will think about it.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana

we now manage the use of custome fields in tab and Tab Field
but it seems that it does not apply to everybody once done
is there a way to save this custome view and custome form for the tab so we could use if for all the employee
otherwise with 12 people it is a very very tough job to customize everybody

thanks
Hi Cyril,

Unfortunately there is no possibility to apply this form settings for everyone. Actually, we haven't faced a lot of demand on this section before, with your example I think we will think about extended customisation posiibilities (categories or smthng similar).

Thank you for the suggestion.

Sincerely,

Yana.
thank you for taking care of us

i assume that if the idea was to create customization then let us do it in a way that we can use it for our team
i believe that saving with a name is the best way
You're welcome!

We'll take into consideration all of your ideas. Thank you for taking time.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

I'm facing similar problem. If I understood correctly fr om the conversation above, if you customize your Contact form you can only see the newly created fields in "edit mode?"
This is quite an issue as it confuses my colleagues and they are unsure wh ere to look at.

Also I give my "vote" for the inclusion of the option to "default" the CRM form setting by the administrator for all users in the company. That is truly such an important thing!
Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Honza
You and you colleague can see custom fields in the contact's view form. Just click the 'Show details' link at the top right corner of the contact view form.

We have already started working on this option. Look throught the Quotes - all CRM entities form will have such forms soon.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24