Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » Add linkedin field
Pages: 1
RSS
Add linkedin field, Add Linkedin field in websites section for company & contact
Could you add a default field for LinkedIn in the contact and company websites.

It would also be great if the images from both pages could be used as the avatar/photo.
Hi Anthony,

We've already been asked this option once, we'll add your vote to this feature suggestion. Meanwhile you can add a new custom filed and insert a LinkedIn link there, though it will appear as text there, but at least it can be a place to store contact's linkedin's data .

Thanks for the suggestion.
Kind Regards,

Yana.
Count this as a vote as well. Christ, how long can it take to just add a field? Linkedin integration is _essential_ to a CRM these days. I failed to convince my CEO to move to bitrix24 because of this.
Hi Kasper!

Linked In has limited integration possibilities with CRM services, as far as I know. Only a couple of huge CRM providers still keep this option.

Kind Regards,

Yana.  
Hi Yana! Thanks for you response.

In other words, if Bitrix24 provided LinkedIn API integration that would really set you apart from the competition. And you would have one new customer right here.

All we need is a field in which to input the profile URL, and Bitrix would pull whatever information it could find from https://developer.linkedin.com/apis into contact/lead.

Kind Regards,
Kasper
Hi Kasper!

LinkedIn has recently decided to prohibit API integration access to all CRM vendors except Salesforce and MS Dynamics. See http://www.zdnet.com/linkedout-crm-companies-squawk-over-linkedins-api-policies-7000028762/

Yana.
Hi Yana

I take that as a no, Linkedin integration is not coming. Thank you for your answer.

Kasper
Edited: Kasper Marstal - 09/17/2014 15:29:42
Understood re LinkedIn integration.

Is there a way of amending the "Site" drop down menu to include the option for LinkedIn?

If you look at the "Site" drop down menu, there are 6 options and only the "Corporate" one is more important than LinkedIn.  Is there a way of modifying "Other" to "LinkedIn"?

I know you can do a custom field (also can be seen on screenshot) - but this is text only - not a url link.  Is there a way of making it a link?

Thanks
Thanks for the suggestion Charles. Not sure this will help much - you can now add LinkedIn url there as "other", right? So your suggestion is to add LinkedIn as an option for default "active url" fields?

Best,

Yana.  
Good idea.  Thanks
I would like to second that. If we could have control of the social networking drop down  values would be really helpful even if the ones you have integration with cannot be removed or renamed being able to add LInkedIn, Google Plus, Klout and Gravatar, fourquare,  would be everythign in there could just be treated like a url or give us a url type for custom fields.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24