Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » CRM » multiple fields etc.
Pages: 1
RSS
multiple fields etc.
dear team, we are currently in the process of evaluating bitrix. there are a couple of questions regarding crm:

we created a cusutom field in CRM > Settings > Custom Fields > Company

1. after using this field for a while, we discovered that it would be nice if the field was "mutliple", so we went back to edit the field, and realized that "multiple" and "type" are not changeable... is this a bug?

2. also, if we try to edit the data of a company, those custom fields appear under "Contacts". is this also a bug? we thought of custom fields as general rather than part of "contacts"...

3. is it somehow possible to have custom or customizable views for crm / companies?

basically, what we are trying to replicate is some internal processes we are currently using in terms of how to deal with the vast amounts of information we have and need almost on a daily basis with our clients... like a cart with different and multiple custom data fields for each client... can this be done with custom fields for "companies" or do you suggest a different approach? how safe is it to use bitrix for sensitive data?

best regards
Edited: Konstantinos Koulaouzidis - 05/21/2014 15:15:04
Hi Konstantinos,

1. No, this is not a bug, the custom field "multiple" parameter cannot be changed after the field is created.
2. The fields order can be changed in the form settings (company>add company>settings tab on the top right of the creation form>from settings)
3. can you please be more specific? first you can create different filters so that companies will be displayed according to the filter, second you can also choose which columns do you want to be shown in the companies list (Companies>edit list>list columns> choose which should be displayed>apply.) Please have a look atBitrix24 self-hostedversion as it offers more customization possibilities & source code.
Bitrix24 is backed up every day, which means your data can be restored by your official demand. You can read more about Bitrix24 security & privacy. Please note that Bitrix has over 10 years of experience in providing the highest level of security for web projects.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
did it!
still i cant figure out why there is an option to add also custom tabs in "tabs" if they do not display???
can you please explain this to me?

also, i removed a couple of fields which we do not need from "company", such as "type", "annual revenue", "employees", "industry" etc. which works!
but when i enter the view page of the company and click on "show details" all those fields still appear with "undefined"...
even if i enter form settings in this view and remove those here as well...
any idea?
Hi Konstantinos,

Please add dividers (tab fields>add) with the from settings wizard, tabs section is not active.
but when i enter the view page of the company and click on "show details" all those fields still appear with "undefined"...
Yes, unfortunately the item details page still displays the old fields - we have plans for this issue.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
dear yana,

i dont understand your reply:
Please add dividers (tab fields>add) with the from settings wizard, tabs section is not active.
i can add dividers in tab-fields, but the tab section above tab-fields IS active, i can click on the buttons up-down-edit-add-delete next to "company"...
so why is a new tab-name/tab-title i am adding there not visible in view?

best regards,
konstantinos
Dear Konstantinos,

What I wanted to say is that the "tab" section above looks like active, but it is not actually working (it is left there due to some technical issues, we will either delete it in future or develop further in functionality). We apologize if this section may confused you.

Regards,

Yana.
thanks for the reply and great help so far!
if we are going to decide to use bitrix, i will not be the only one confused so far...
looks like a great tool, very promising, but due to the fact that it is so powerful it can be confuzing, especially when there are unresolved issues in display of data / info which do not make sense... maybe there are even more issues like that?

the following questions are still in my mind:

1. what do you think is the roadmap for resolving those rather "cosmetic" issues:
"item details page still displays the old fields" and "tab section looks like active, but it is not actually working"?

2. are there any plans in future to be able to customize styles / templates of all views in bitrix?

3. is it possible to have multiple repetitive fields with double values?
like for example the combination of username & password???

best regards,
k.
1. CRM item details page  - we will either delete  these "confusing" options in future or develop further this functionality.
2. More customization is availble in Bitrix24 sel-hosted version.  
3. Please give an example - don't quite understand it, now you can create several custom fileds with "multiple" option, what's the difference? Thank you.

Sincerely,

Yana.
3. as i wrote before, a combination of 2 fields as in username / password

in "company" edit,

instead of having:

NAME OF NEW SECTION

USERNAME:   |...........................................|

{ADD}

PASSWORD:  |...........................................|

{ADD}

it would be nice to have:

NAME OF NEW SECTION

USERNAME / PASSWORD:   |...........................................|   |...........................................|

{ADD}

...or any other double values that may be needed.
Thank you for the sample Konstantinos! I've passed the suggestion to our dev team, last thing - if you know any sample services who do that - please share, will be helpful.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Hi Yana, we keep testing bitrix, and we added our first employee and invited him to participate in a group and to tasks.
Now, when he enters the company with the multiple fields, he cannot see the new tab we created in company view...
Am i missing something? Or is it necessary to make all custom form view changes for each new user???

Also, the task he has been invited to has many subtasks, but those are only viewable if he enters the task, wheater in my admin account where i created the tasks there is a small [+]-sign left of the parent task which allows me to open all subtasks underneath. is this not available for invited user?

best regards
Hi Konstantinos,

1) tabs: yes, new custom fields created by you appear to other users in default view (default dividors tabs) design, this setting should be customized for each sales user idependently. (we have plans to this options too)

2) the + sign for parent and subtasks connection should be available for all users, please advise who is the responsible of this group of tasks, which role does the invited user play in these tasks - responsible, participant, observer? have you included him to all tasks of this group or only to several ? thank you.
Yana.
i have included him to the parent task, which has many subtasks.
do i need to select each subtask separately in order for him to see them all?
I'm afraid yes, the logic is when a responsible person creates a new main task (parent) - he may not need all participants to know all set of subtasks  - who is doing what. Do you think we should change this logic?
hmm... there could be times were a parent task has many subtasks (at least in our case) and where the creator would like to assign a participant to a parent task and ALL subtasks at once... it would be a nice feature. you already have the button "for all" in task overview, maybe by adding one more button called "all subtasks" would be nice.

also it is quite confusing that if you sel ect a task fr om the list by checking its chechbox and then check also "for all", the selected task is the only one shown as selected, so one things in the very first moment that "for all" means actully "all subtasks" only. instead, all tasks should switch to selected if one clicks for all... it is a suggestion, maybe it would improve usability?
Ok,
maybe by adding one more button called "all subtasks" would be nice.
I agree this is a good feature request, we'll take it into accounnt.

then check also "for all", the selected task is the only one shown as selected
Thanks for the observation! I guess something is wrong now, because it used to show correctly. We'll take care.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24