Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » HR tools » Company Structure
Pages: 1
RSS
Company Structure
After inviting users to your Bitrix24 intranet, you can create a view of your company structure by creating departments and sub-departments and assigning department heads and users. Creating a company structure is not required, but if your company has a large number of employees and a deep departmental hierarchy, it will be convenient for users to orient themselves using this visual representation of the company.

Another advantage gained from the visual representation of the company is that several objects in the intranet, such as the Activity Stream, tasks, and calendar events allow the options to share with or send to members of a selected department.  

To create your company structure:

1. Open the Company>Company Structure page.
  2. Click the Add department button.
  3. Specify the department name, a parent department, and the department supervisor in the form.
  4. Save the department by clicking on the Edit button.
  5. A new department will be added to the structure.
  6. To add new employees to the department, go to the user profile and select the appropriate departments. Once an employee is added to the visual structure, their avatar can be dragged and dropped to any other location in the structure.
2.png (10.74 Kb)
3.png (18.1 Kb)
1.png (40.01 Kb)
My company is owned by two partners. Does your company structure support and show 2 owners?
This is a great post Ann!

Using the features that Company structures provides.. would I be able to do the following inside Bitrix24 as an admin, or would I need some custom coding?

For the following features: Efficiency report, Absence chart, Time tracker, Reporting, is it possible to:

1. According to the company structure, the head of the department can only see his dependents and all employees of sub-department, he is managing.
2. In the department’s filter, the head of the department can only see departments and sub-departments that he/she is managing. Not every single department of the company.
3. For the members of Management Board, we would like to leave every single function, ability to see all the employees and all the departments.
Edited: Al Romano - 11/09/2013 01:40:44
Hi Leslie and Al,

My company is owned by two partners. Does your company structure support and show 2 owners?
Actually not.

Using the features that Company structures provides.. would I be able to do the following inside Bitrix24 as an admin, or would I need some custom coding?
Company Structure Customisation is not available in Bitrix24 Cloud version:

1. According to the company structure, the head of the department can only see his dependents and all employees of sub-department, he is managing.
Answering your question, in Bitrix24 Reports and Working Time the Head of department will see only his dependents data, in the Absense chart you can choose any department to see the absence data of any employee.

2. In the department’s filter, the head of the department can only see departments and sub-departments that he/she is managing. Not every single department of the company.
All departments are displayed.

3. For the members of Management Board, we would like to leave every single function, ability to see all the employees and all the departments.
Can see only Absence chart data.

Company Structure Customisation is available in Bitrix24 Self-Hosted Version:

- you can customise working time section so as  Departments Head can only see his dependents and all employees of sub-department, he is managing, and at the same time the members of Management Board will see all data (all the employees and all the departments)

- in Reports section there is no Departments filter, a serious customisation is demanded to put this option in place

- In Absence Chart there is a Filter by Departments, but there is no data access limitation - for that a customisation needed.

Kind regards,

Yana.
Can we limit the CRM access to only 1 department? example: call center people.
Hi Herman,

CRM access is set by admin in CRM>Settings>access permissions  - there you can limit access by granting it only to the chosen department (s) or\and employees. Other users won't see it.

Yana.  
Can I export my company structure in Excel format.
Hi SUBRATA ,

This option is not available.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24