Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » HR tools » Company Structure
Pages: 1
RSS
Company Structure, Multiple Supervisors
Hi there

Just wondering if it is possible to have multiple "supervisors" for a department? Some of our members have two or more Principals or Directors that look after the staff and from what I can see there is only the ability to select one as the overall "supervisor".

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

Kate
The company structure and subordinates are used in tasks, access rights, business processes, work and worktime reports, so it is quite important to set subordinates correctly. Which director of two or three should accept the employee leave request, confirm his/her changed working time etc? There should be some rules and settings for specifying what each supervisor can do.

It might suit your purpose to create 3 departments (blocks in the tree) in the hierarchy - one with the 'top' supervisor only, below that one with the 'second' only, and below that the third with the other supervisor and the actual employees.  This would at least provide some conformity in the task and reporting system, among other places.
So if I understood right I can make only one person supervisor? This is kind of strange as we have over 70 employees and many teams. Our agents dont have only 1 supervisor, they might have few of them.

Example now it would be very important that both of our supervisors can confirm agent's working times.
Now I can set only one to approve those >.< It would be very good if both can make it happen.
Hi Sebastian,

The option of creating more then 1 supervisor for 1 department is not available in Bitrix24. What you can do is build your company structure as it is explained above.

Kind Reards,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Sebastian,

The option of creating more then 1 supervisor for 1 department is not available in Bitrix24. What you can do is build your company structure as it is explained above.

Kind Reards,

Yana.
Ok but first thing is that this would be really easy to fix and seems like we are not only one who has more than 1 supervisor for 1 department. So I am confused why Bitrix dont want to fix this? One line code really !

Other question is that if I duplicate departments. It is hard work as always when we get new employee we have to set 2 x departments for him?
Ok but first thing is that this would be really easy to fix and seems like we are not only one who has more than 1 supervisor for 1 department.
I've put your suggestion to our Dev Department.

Other question is that if I duplicate departments. It is hard work as always when we get new employee we have to set 2 x departments for him?
If you duplicate departments - yes, you will need to set 2-x departments for new employees. Or you can create not duplicates, but sub departments as described above :
one with the 'top' supervisor only, below that one with the 'second' only, and below that the third with the other supervisor and the actual employees.

Kind regards,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
one with the 'top' supervisor only, below that one with the 'second' only, and below that the third with the other supervisor and the actual employees.
I am not sure what you mean by this? If I create subdepartment with supervisor, then all working time hours and reports will go to subdepartment's supervisor right? So how this will help me to get 2 supervisors to our employees who can manage them?
If I create subdepartment with supervisor, then all working time hours and reports will go to subdepartment's supervisor right?
Yes, you are right. But! You can make these reports available to several supervisors. Please note that this sub departments scenario may not suite 100% your task, but if you need a solution  - what we can propose now - is this sub-blocks structure:

It might suit your purpose to create 2 departments (blocks in the tree) in the hierarchy - one with the 'top' supervisor (1) only, and below that the second with the other supervisor (2) and the actual employees.  This would at least provide some conformity in the task and reporting system, among other places.
It means that all your employees reports will be available both to supervisor 1 & 2. But note that the Top Supervisor 1 will not receive notifications of the new reports, but will have an access to them in the main Work time and\or Work Reports sections.

So I am confused why Bitrix dont want to fix this? One line code really !
You can try to implement this one line code yourself in our Bitrix24 Self-hosted verson (we have 1 month free demo version ). But, unfortunately, this is not a one-line code, but a serious amount of product revision to be performed. But you can try yourself if you want or use a help of one of our partners who can help you to build up your Bitrix24 portal in the shape that will suite your needs.
Sincerely,

Yana.
Hello,

Please let me know how to give Supervisor permission to all users in department Accounts (which is Parent department to all other Departments)?
Regards

Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24