Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » HR tools » Worktime - Needs some development
Pages: 1 2 Next
RSS
Worktime - Needs some development, Worktime feature is awsome but some urgent development work needed
Hey Hou!

Worktime is really great feature of Bitrix and is one of the main reason we choised Bitrix24 software for us.

Now we have found some urgent features which are missing and for what this time managment thing is kind of worthless.

1) It would be really important to get possible to export excel files of working time so those can be managed like reports.
2) Working times has to be able to edit / add manually even that some days are empty without existing time marks.
3) It would be really handy to be able to set maximum time duration, example that user cannot be working over 7,5 hours on day.
4) Also would be important to be able to set that over 7,5 hours working days require minimum 30 minutes break of lunch.

I hope Bitrix24 start develop this kind of features as I have found that we are not only who need these features!

We pay monthly about 100$ of your software. Hope to get it use ;) !
yes so we just signed up for the platform and realized you cannot manually add time...is that correct? So we have consultants sometimes on client sites doing work. They may enter their timesheet the next day or following...can you not manually add time to a task for previous dates? As that is a deal breaker for us and guess i missed that...wow. Can't use this platform then and will have to change...geez just signed up today...though my fault for not noticing.
Hi Todd!

I think for you using Employee Workload Planning featurewould make more sense.  You can manually enter how much time you've spent competing each task.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Sebastian!

As far as export to Excel goes - if you decide to use the self-hosted version of Bitrix24, our partners can create a component for you that exports data to Excel - thats fairly easy. As far as your other questions go, the answer is mostly 'No'. If a person did not start a work day, the only way to add data manually would be by going directly into a database, which requires knowledge of Bitrix24 API and admin access. Customizing the self-hosted version of B24 so that you have an option to set maximum worktime (right now you can only enter minimum work day required) would be fairly easy for our partners, but what's not clear what happens when the time is exceeded? What should be don? Warning screen to appear? Notice sent? It's not a feature that's frequently requested, in fact you are the only one who asked for it, so it's not something that we ever thought of.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
B24 so that you have an option to set maximum worktime (right now you can only enter minimum work day required) would be fairly easy for our partners, but what's not clear what happens when the time is exceeded? What should be don? Warning screen to appear? Notice sent? It's not a feature that's frequently requested, in fact you are the only one who asked for it, so it's not something that we ever thought of.
I think that there is difference about people who need's it and people who come to speak about it. Maybe I am just only one who has asked it loud? Also I have already found topics about people who are requesting same things so I am not only one ;)

If you ask me I would make it so that after time exceeded it gives notification to employee who is trying to clock out and tells to him to set time manually to 8 hours duration. Then there is always original clock out time and other clock time which have been manually set by employee himself.
-

No I dont have selfhosted version as what we are interested is cloud -version of Bitrix24. Dont get me wrong. We are happy to have it but seriously, there is features which are important, easy to development and makes Bitrix even more better.

-

Most important feature is anyway still this that you could manually add working days and times to 'worktime' part. Also why there is missing excel export feature?
Yana,

Thanks for the response but as Sebastian pointed out which is our issue with being able to use the platform. Our consultants who are on clients site are not always logged into the system. Some days they may forget to put in their work hours for the previous day. So they need to be able to log work hours for the previous day or days. There is no way to select the date for the work performed....unfortunately for us if there is not an option to select the date for time spent the platform will not work for us. As we are a consultants and tracking time is the core of our business.

I went thru the link you sent and see how to add a time amount to task but no where within the task where I can enter the date and hours worked.
Dear Todd & Sebastian,

I went thru the link you sent and see how to add a time amount to task but no where within the task where I can enter the date and hours worked.
You can set the time spent on task in the task form (click edit task) with the help of "time planning" option - you can set start and end time & date.

Regards,

Yana.
As for:

Most important feature is anyway still this that you could manually add working days and times to 'worktime' part. Also why there is missing excel export feature?
need to be able to log work hours for the previous day or days.

I see your arguments  - I've put the suggestion to our Dev department.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Sebastian  wrote:
We need such feature too. Also in our case, as freelance team, we often need to log our time and actictivities when we're back in our office (one or even two working day later than the day spent at Customer's site)
Hi Sergio,

Thanks for taking time pointing out the feature necessity. It is quite important for us to see if the feature is really high-demanded. We will think about it's implementation.

Best Regards,

Yana.
Sergio Sardo wrote:
Sebastian wrote:
We need such feature too. Also in our case, as freelance team, we often need to log our time and actictivities when we're back in our office (one or even two working day later than the day spent at Customer's site)
We need that. It's important to be able to add past working days. Let's take for example the situation when a sales agent is on the field and can't clock in that day. There are also other situations when this is needed.
Hi Constantin,

Thank you for reporting, your opinion is important to us!

Regards,

Yana.
Dear Yana,

I too am in the same boat - I require the ability to add/modify the dates and times for past working days. Sometimes due to long hours or offsite work they may not be entered for 2 or 3 days. They always manage to be entered for payroll though.

Regards,
Stephen  
(oopps post mistake)
Edited: Stephen Anderson - 02/22/2014 08:50:42 (Mistake)
Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking time underlining the importance of this feature, I've passed your request to the development department.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
I agree with the others. The ability to add worked time for a previous day where employees were working but unable to clock-in to bitrix because the client blocks internet access is important for us.  Thank you
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your vote, we'll take it into account as well.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

We were ready to purchase Bitrix24, but after testing found that we too could not enter time in the past as noted by others in this thread.  This is a must have for us because we bill our customers based on hours worked and if we cannot log the hours we lose the money.

Unfortunately, this flaw has left us no choice but to begin evaluating other systems.  We really like all that Bitrix24 has to offer, but we consider entering work time for prior days a critical function necessary in a project management system.

So far in our evaluation of eight different systems, Bitrix24 is the only one that does not offer this.

If you ever do add it, please let me know and if at that time we are dissatisfied with the solution we went with maybe we will reevaluate Bitrix24.

Regards,
Robert Clark
Hello,

We need also to export in to excel to manage reports, and it will be grate if we can import subtask too, by project and department.

We have the same problem sometimes, The ability to add worked time for a previous day it´s important for us too.

Hope
Dear Robert, Jose, and other topic contributors,

What scenario do you see for reporting such activity? More scenario details will be helpful - e.g. now manger can edit existing (reported) worktime for subordinates (but not for empty (not reported days) in Work time section - would you suggest that the employee &\or the manager can edit past blanck days with the hours worked? Or should it be a separate special form for  reporting? If you know any good samples of how this functonality is implemented - please share!

Thank you! Your opinion & suggestions help us to build up the  best product for your needs! Thanks for your help!

Yana.
Hi Yana,

What we are looking for is to be able to enter time for prior days that were blank.  This should be able to be done by the employee for any task on any project.  Our need is that we have consultants onsite with customers and they do not have internet access.  When they get back they need to log their time in the system so that we can bill the customer for the hours worked.  Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Robert Clark
Hello Yana,

Thank you for your quick answer.

Enter time for prior days will be fine, with admin authorization.  

We have enter many task and subtask, when we are trying to get the report by employee we are not getting subtask time.

For example we have a project for a client, and we have 4 task in design. The first task is Planning with the following subtask: Functional and non functional requirements. Benchmark and document of the project. Each subtask have different times, we need to sum subtask to the main task and all task to the project.

Also, we need to export from bitrix to excel the reports.

Regards,

JC
Hello,

I read here that a few months ago you considered developing the feature to add tracked hours for different days? My team is currently evaluating Bitrix, and since this is a feature we use very often on our current task management tool, I wanted to know if there are any updates on it? So far this is the single most crucial feature we would miss with a transition, and as these things often go, we want to make sure that changing systems is all about improving our workflow, not downgrading it.

Thanks

Andre Goersch
Hi Andre,

Thanks for your argumentation, but I'm afraid I can't promise this will be implemented soon - this a different working scenario logic. But thanks for sharing because we may refer to this discussion in future.

Yana.  
Hello Yana, on that case is there a possibility to expand the APIs so we can develop the solution in house? We have a great developer team so it's not out of the question to spend some time to make a workaround for the people that need this feature, but the available API calls for adding time spent are limited to the same fields, "time spent in seconds/minutes" and "comment", there is no way to specify which day the tracked time was worked on, so the problem is exactly the same.

Thanks,

Andre Goersch
Hi Andre,

I see what you are asking for, but I'm afraid for Bitrix24 cloud versions that is too complicated, more likely we can add such API possibility for the self-hosted version, but I guess this not gonna happen soon, at least if we will not see a considerably growing demand for this option. In other words, I do welcome this discussion here - please feel free to leave your votes & arguments - we are still open for our clients requests, as it may work for long-term perspective. Thank you!

Yana.
I've just started exploring Bitrix as an option for our business - and have come up against the same issue. As a team mostly of independent contractors, we need the capability of altering time tracked, both in adding time that wasn't tracked via Bitrix24, and in modifying time tracked with Bixtrix24 that isn't actually correct. Being able to modify time tracked, and generate reports that show time spent (in detail for each day and task), is essential when doing so is how clients are billed for time spent on their projects, and also for managers to overview how contractors are spending time on particular projects.

I'm using Tsheets currently (great company) for time tracking, but jumping back and forth between two separate platforms isn't nearly as effective as being able to track time, and to be able generate time reports, from within the Bitrix24 environment.

Maybe, as with most relationships, it's too much to expect one service to provide for all key biz needs - in this case all elements needed to keep a business organized and it's team communicating effectively - tracking time is part of that. Moving a biz into a new CMS-CRM-cloud-what-have-you, and educating the entire team on how to use the environment effectively, is a big task and a commitment - that's a big part of why this matters so much so some of us.

For the record, what's been created here, and what's offered at no cost / low cost is phenomenal! Hats off to you for that. I mean seriously, there are likely few among us who could have put this together. I've jumped into the conversation because it's clear that for some biz owners and managers, the time-tracking is essential, and with the thrust of Bitrix24 being collaboration, it makes sense that an efficient time tracking feature should be integrated in. If you didn't think of this as a need, I'm casting my vote that it is.

To conclude, it sounds like developing the time tracking feature (to be able to modify times and to generate the type of reports that have been requested here), isn't a Bitrix24 priority. This leaves me feeling I need to check out other recommended platforms and to do the work of comparing what's offered between each, which I'm not excited about at all -  I'd thought I'd struck gold here to the point of having yakked Bixtrix24 up to people even though I joined less than 24 hours ago. I ended up in here in the forum quickly because I needed to find out how to modify times.

If it's help at all, here's a simple example, different from others offered, of why the feature is key when tracking time on individual client tasks: sometimes we forget to hit pause when tracking time when the phone rings and we take a call pertaining to an unrelated task - in that case we need to be able to add time spent on the task the call did pertain to, and need to be able to subtract time from the task the call didn't pertain to by changing the time that task ended.

Best,

~Lisa
Edited: Lisa Shara - 09/13/2014 04:07:15
I fuly agree with Lisa: we're in quite the same situation, and we need the same features.
Hi Lisa!

Thanks a lot for this long passionate post! First, let me advise about the tasks time tracking - time spent can be added or\and edited in the task from (see screenshot below):

If you want to suggest some improvement - please do!

As for the Time Management (Work Time) - a separate time tracking for the hours worked (not on definite tasks, but more indicates the beginning & end of the working day) - as for now - it was our policy that employees should be working online inside Bitrix24 & clock in\out to start\finish their working day (our paid plans even provide IP limitations), so that employer\team leader can control their working hours. But we are open for your suggestion on the changes in this scenario, it's for sure it won't be changed this year, but we may change our point of view if we'll see growing demand on this option (right for e.g. admins to change users work time for the previous periods). Thank you.

Yana.
Hi all,

I see you have been discussing the topic for 1,5 years so I am not very positive about a change in politics, but anyway I want to put my weight into the discussion by demonstrating my needs.
I have a client who is about to contract the Cloud Version (Bitrix24). The only point I yet cannot satisfy his needs considers time tracking:
The client is in the consulting business and charges per hour, ergo has to be able to show his client when he worked on which task. So there are two important things:
1. All single entrys of time periods my client has worked on the task need to be shown in a report (also excel export) I understand that as of now, only Total Time worked on a task is shown in the reports.
2. The client (each employee) needs to be able to change date and beginning time of each period he worked on the task

Like in this picture, the second entry for example in reality has been on the 14/10/2014 and started on 16:00, he just didnt have the opportunity to put the information in Bitrix at this time.

Thanks for the consideration,

Best,
Roman
Hi Roman!

I see, well, I've passed it to the devs, we'll see what we can change in this regard (maybe for tasks time tracking only, not sure). I think we'll have a closer look at these issues next year.

Thanks for all feedback! For new visitors - feel free to leave your votes (it helps a lot).

Yana.
Hi Yana

I think Lisa has explained my situation very nicely and I totally understand the frustration of other people here, being in similar situation. It is very disappointing to see that you have not been able to sort this basic (and very important thing) out despite users complaining about it for over last 1.5 years - which gives me an impression that there is not much I can expect from Birtix24 when it comes to solving KEY problems. Having spent hours on the system, I am leaving this forever (as I don't ever see any point in waiting). I am sure you will be loosing so many customers because of this (as time not tracked properly costs money to business) but you can take comfort in your ignorance of the importance of the issue.

Good luck,
Praveen
Dear Bitrix team,

We have been recently testing Bitrix24 and have been quite impressed by its features and user-friendliness. However, we are now exactly in the same position than many of the users speaking here (Lisa's message was particularly eloquent). Being an NGO with staff frequently working in remote areas, the possibility to add time afterwards to a day when the staff member hasn't connected to the platform is a must-have. In fact, the ideal solution would be to have a system like the "Time & Expense" plugin in Redmine (platform we're currently using and we were considering leaving for Bitrix): http://www.redmine.org/plugins/wk-time Staff members/consultants can then log time whenever they want to a task, including filling a timesheet for a whole week, on one page, without having to navigate from one task to another. Maybe that could be an alternative way of logging time, that the admin can choose when setting up the platform?

I hope you will consider these many feedbacks, since it seems to be the only thing really preventing many organizations from switching to your system, and it doesn't look that complex to fix.

Thanks for your attention & best regards.

Martin
Hi Praveen!

Thanks for your feedback. You may have noticed that Bitrix24 is a quite complex product providing more than 35+ worktools for a company, but each type of business have its own needs Bitrix24 may not always be able to help with, still we are always ready to listed to our clients needs & than we try to decide what features are the most demanded & are within our strategy. Please note that Bitrix24 does not ignore the clients requests - you may notice it by reading this froum. Though we have to admit time management feature is more a strategic desicion for us & your opinion will be taken into account.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopetswrote:
As for:

I see your arguments  - I've put the suggestion to our Dev department.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Count our company as requesting this enhancement as well.
Hi Matt, thanks, I'll do!

Yana.
Hi, I've just started trying out Bitrix today and have already come across this issue.

The ability to log hours in a timesheet for the week and export an excel fil it as is an absolute must.

I think Bitrix24 has a lot of potential but without this functionality I cannot adopt it in my consultancy company (29 people).

Please consider this implementation ASAP

Thanks,

Matheus
Dear Bitrix team,

I just wanted to notify you that after 2 months of intensive testing, and despite a very high level of satisfaction from our team on most aspects, we have decided (with quite a lot of sorrow) not to adopt Bitrix24 as our new project management team.
The limitations in terms of time recording (ability to add time on a non-started day) and extracting are not tolerable for our use.
Unless you intend to implement these (simple) features in a near future, we have to move on searching to another tool - which is quite frustrating since the missing aspect seems so small.

Best regards.

Martin Noblecourt
Hi Martin!

Thanks for providing a feedback on Bitrix24 & specially those palces you found not meating your team needs, we'll take it into account.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana and Bitrix24 team,

Have you considered this implementation? I would like to consider to implement Bitrix24 in my company, but a weekly timesheet and excel export are absolute musts.

Please let me know the status of these features in your development pipeline.

Best regards,

Matheus
Hi Matheus,

To be honest, we haven't been planning these options implementation untill now, but watching the growing demand - we've decided to start working on it after our spring release (May). I will be able to advise more this summer when we'll be considering this module improvements.

We would like to thank everyone who contributed in this forum thread, because it helps us a lot to make our product better.

Best,

Yana.
HR module is great but unless there's export feature to the absence chart and worktime, there's absolutely no use of bitrix having the HR module as it again creeps in the need of having a separate HR analysis tool for working day calculation automatically.

Infact, not only export feature but also a tool to give payroll amount as direct output from the worktime + absence chart would be just great! A file that can be directly fed to the bank account of the company through which salaries are disbursed. I guess once there's an export feature, rest can be managed by incorporating a Business Process & Lists (record keeping/workflow feature only in Professional Version) easily.
i am currently evaluating bitrix for project management.  i see that there is still no ability to enter in timesheets for yesterday.  critical for us as we have numerous staff that don't sit in front of a computer all day.  

Please confirm this is still the case.

otherwsie the product looks very good.

many thnaks

Robert
Hi Robert!

Unfortunately it still not possible. We may change it in future.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,
What we are looking for is to be able to enter time for prior days that were blank. This should be able to be done by the employee for any task on any project.
They usually do this once a week and log their time in the system so that we can bill the customer for the hours worked.
As I understand from reading the thread, Your team was going to take this feature on in May, has it been released yet ?

Please let me know if you need more information.

Regards
--Vikram
Hi Vikram!

There are 2 places for time recording:

- Clock in\out option - main workday Time mangement for your employees: previous time can't be added (you can only close previous day if you forgot to) - works in real time
- Tasks time tracker - time spent can be added manually: (use time tracker for  time auto recording or use time spent section to add time already spent & not recorded):

Best,

Yana.
Thanks Yana,
the case 2:Tasks time tracker - time spent can be added manually: (use time tracker for time auto recording or use time spent section to add time already spent & not recorded):
This will work for us if we could have the date control made available to us [editable just like Time Elapsed]

Please let me know how I can work around this
Thanks
Bitrix.png (9 Kb)
Edited: Vikram Desai - 07/02/2015 01:59:17
I see - this option is not available, unfortunately. I've passed your vote to the devs. Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Yana.
Thanks Yana,
If the dev team can enable this, I am sure a lot of potential clients will be happy.
Currently I am stuck on this requirement and might need to look at other alternatives for the business
Can you please let me know soon

Regards
Sure, please note we have our closest release this fall, I'll be able to shed some light on our update plans in the beginning of September only.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1 2 Next
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24