Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Mobile and desktop apps » Does the app work on Ubuntu as well?
Pages: 1
RSS
Does the app work on Ubuntu as well?
Hello,
has anyone tried yet to see if the bitrix desktop app also works on ubuntu?

thanks!
zac
Hi Zac,

Bitrix24 Desktop app is not available for ubuntu now.

Regards,

Yana.
Is there a schedule for Linux App?
We are moving over to Linux either mint or UBUNTU.

Don
Hi,

Actually we do not have plans for Linux App now, but if we'll see a growing demand - the situation may change.

Thanks for the suggestion, it is really important for us to know our users demands.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
For me it also could be useful. I'm a linux user and I have to accessing it - through internet browser, every time that I desire know what is happening.

thanks
Edited: Renato Maciel - 10/29/2014 17:23:30
Hi Renato!

Thanks for your comment, right now we still have no plans for Linux app. But thanks for sharing, we may find these feedback posts useful in future.

Yana.
HI.
Is there any development in this "issue"? Every developer in my company uses Linux (Ubuntu and Mint) and we are forced to use the browser to keep up with the rest of the company.
If you still have no plans for a linux app can you point an alternative? There is any "unoficial" app?
Hi Jose!

Please contact our Helpdesk for the self-hosted versions.

Thanks.

Yana.
My work is to spread open-source alternatives in the world. We do not use mac, windows etc. My opinion - this is the future. If Bitrix24 wants to be a part of it you have to devellop a linix (ubuntu) desktop client!
Hi Christian!

I'll pass your suggestion to the devs, thanks for sharing!

Best,

Yana.
The windows version works fine on linux through wine..
Any news for linux version of Bitrix Desktop?

--
Tried with wine: receiving error
--
Anny steps for correct installation of Bitrix Desktop with wine under Ubuntu or Linux Mint?
Hi Aleksey,

We don't have plans for such version currently, maybe later.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,

Yana.
Is there meanwhile any progress with a Linux version, or at least a how to for using it under Wine?
Thx Arne
Is there any plan changing about Linux/Ubuntu/Debian?
The beta version of a desktop app for Linux is available here.

Best,

Yana.
The beta version of the desktop client (Brick) works fine, but has not all functions of the Windows version.
Hi Arne!

Yes, you're right. Options set is limited for the Linux version. We don't have any news for this app at the moment.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24