Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Other » Setting up client as employees?
Pages: 1
RSS
Setting up client as employees?
Hello, I am new to Bitrix and learning as I go :)  I am a "virtual assistant" to several real estate agents.  My primary goal for bitrix is to manage projects for each one of these agents.  I will have to add events to their calendar for each project i manage.  Would I need to set my clients/agents up as employees?  Or is there a way that I can add events to a "company"'s calendar in Bitrix?  Thank you for your time.
Hi Monica!

You can work with these companies as CRM companies (if this is only for you & you don't need the companies' representatives to actually log into your Bitrix24 & work inside). More about Bitrix24 CRM here. You can add events to the calendar which will be bound to the CRM items (companies) - use "More"section in new event creation form in the calendar.

Or you can invite external users to your Bitrix24 (read about Bitrix24 Extranet here) - in this case these users will have a limited access to your Bitrix24 intranet, you can even create extranet workgroup for each company & work on the projects within the frames of these workgroups. Each workgroup has it's own calendar. You can configure all workgroups' calendars as your favorite - and you'll get all events from all workgroups listed under My Workspace>Calendar.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Thank you very much for your clarification and quick response! This will save my a bunch of time :)  

I have decided to label my clients as companies in bitrix and label the buyers/sellers that we help as customers.  

I created a test deal in bitrix and added an activity calendar event to the deal.  I was successful in seeing the activity in my bitrix calendar however, how can I make sure the client aka company gets notice of the event?  Ideally I would add an activity and the event would be linked to my client's gmail or ical calendar.

Secondly, I haven't made it into business processes yet but for each deal I will have 3-4 time sensitive deadlines.  I will need to add these custom fields into the deal template but I will need those deadlines to show up on my calendar AND my company's calendar (aka my client's calendar).

Thank you for your time!
I was successful in seeing the activity in my bitrix calendar however, how can I make sure the client aka company gets notice of the event?

Actually there is no way to send customers automatic notifications about new events added to them as CRM elements, you can email them manually only. As I've said we've designed Extranet for closer communication between Bitrix24 users & external users, when clients\partners\contractors, etc. have a limited access to Bitrix24 intranet.

Ideally I would add an activity and the event would be linked to my client's gmail or ical calendar.

We support only Bitrix24 employees' calendars synchronization with their own google calendars (each employee can configure this synchronization from My Workspace>Calendar).

About the 2nd scenario - not sure I understand it well, but there are no customers individual calendars, but what you can do is add new tasks for these customers with dealines, you'll be able to see these tasks in My Workspace>Calendar - tasks calendar.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24