Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Bitrix24 general questions » Bitrix Desktop 3.4.31.31 resolution/scaling/cropping problem - Windows 10 dual monitor setup
Pages: 1
RSS
Bitrix Desktop 3.4.31.31 resolution/scaling/cropping problem - Windows 10 dual monitor setup, Can't use chats or view notifications in Desktop app because of this problem
I submitted a bug for this too: https://helpdesk.bitrix24.com/ticket.php?ID=692216&edit=1

I have a dual monitor setup:

Left: Secondary external monitor "2" with 1920*1200 resolution via USB3 external docking station VGA port

Right: Primary monitor "1" (actual laptop screen) set at 1920x1080 resolution but capable of 3200x1800 resolution.  Set at 1920x1080 so I can see text in apps (like Bitrix Desktop) that ignore Windows scaling options (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display -> "set a custom scaling level")

When I first open Bitrix Desktop app, then maximize the window, the window only shows the top information (cropped at the bottom of the window).  The app seems to think my vertical resolution is much larger than it actually is, but gets the horizontal resolution correct.  Screenshot showing problem attached as "initial-view-cropped-bottom.PNG"

When I click on any chat in the maximized window, the window only shows the bottom information (cropped at the top of the window). The app seems to think my vertical resolution is much larger than it actually is, but gets the horizontal resolution correct.  Screenshot showing problem attached as "chat-view-cropped-top.png"

I've tried changing the resolution of the primary monitor to the recommended 3200x1800, but after doing so have the same problem, even after a reboot.

I've also tried uninstalling Bitrix Desktop app, then renaming C:\Users\(me)\AppData\Roaming\Bitrix to C:\Users\(me)\AppData\Roaming\Bitrix.old, then rebooting, then reinstalling the Bitrix Desktop app, but doing so didn't solve the problem.

Please help/advise!  I can't do chat or view recent notifications via the app because of these problems.  However, the app appears to be otherwise functional; I think there's a hardcoded resolution bug.  Or a registry setting from previous versions.  Or the app is using the wrong windows setting to set window size.  Some similar issue.
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for submitting a ticket to our Helpdesk - the support team will assist asap.

Best,

Yana.
Hi,
is there any solutions for solve this problem?

UPD: /clearWindowSize command on input field helped me)))
Edited: Саидакбар Садиков - 12/04/2015 09:27:09
Thanks for sharing.

Best,

Yana.
Саидакбар Садиков wrote:
Hi,
is there any solutions for solve this problem?

UPD: /clearWindowSize command on input field helped me)))
How exactly did you enter this command. I'm not sure how to use this solution. Thanks
Just put this command "/clearWindowSize" to field where you're usually write message and press enter or just try to send it to anyone on your contacts list.
Thanks Саидакбар,

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24