Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Bitrix24 general questions » URL Settings and Content Fetching Optional?
Pages: 1
RSS
URL Settings and Content Fetching Optional?
1) Is there a way to disable Bitrix shortening long URLs for display in comments/conversations?  If I post h11p://thisdomain.com/ThisIsALongURLThisIsALongURLThisIsALongURLThisIsALongURL­ThisIsALongURL, Bitrix shortens the display of the URL like "h11p://thisdomain.com/ThisIsA...hisIsALongURL".  I understand most people would actually WANT this helpful behavior, but is there a way to disable this behavior?

2) As of a recent update, if I make a post containing a URL, like h11p://www.google.com, Bitrix is fetching content from the posted URL and posting a preview of the page, similar to how Facebook does it.  Is there a way to disable this behavior? I don't want my client or the Bitrix server reaching out to the web whenever someone posts a URL in their comments.

3) For quite some time, if I am having a messaging chat with someone, and post a URL to an image, like "h11p://www.hockeyworld.com/common/images/products/thumb/kobe-k3g-chicago-excel-premium-hockey-sock.jpg", Bitrix fetches the actual image and posts a preview/thumbnail of the image instead of the URL text.  Again,  I don't want my client or the Bitrix server reaching out to the web whenever someone posts an image URL.  Is there a way to disable this behavior?

While these features are all neat, I want to disable all of them and any other automatic/helpful "fetching / crawling / spider / caching" of 3rd party content I might be overlooking.

Appreciate any help/guidance you can provide!
Hi Joseph!

1) not currently supported

2) yes, you can disable rich media links in Intranet Settings

3) unfortunately not (if you have self-hosted solution please contact our Helpdesk)

Best,

Yana.
Thank you!  Tickets submitted for #1 and #3:

#1 (Disable URL display shortening) https://helpdesk.bitrix24.com/ticket.php?ID=954949

#3 (Disable Automatic Image URL Image Downloading) https://helpdesk.bitrix24.com/ticket.php?ID=954951
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24