Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » Hosted Email and other email questions
Pages: 1
RSS
Hosted Email and other email questions
Hi,
A few questions about email integration:

1)  When prompted to set up email, there is a window that says something like "free email hosting".  Does that mean one can use cloud based bitrix as their email hosting solution?  As in emails that use our companies domain?  I realize there is an option to link our webmail, but my question is whether or not bitrix cloud can BE the webmail hosting solution.

2) I created an @bitrix24.com email for myself to try it out.  Now, I can't find a way to turn it off to see what the other options might behave like (gmail, our current webmail, etc).     3)(by the way, the return key just quit functioning when composing this post)  When trying out the yandex address above, it does not seem that there is any integration between email and things like tasks, workgroups etc.  Am I missing something?  is there not a way to take an email and turn it inot a task, or associate it with a project/workgroup, move attachments into the company drive, etc?
Edited: DJ Hofer - 10/10/2014 06:14:49
Friendly bump (we're on the verge of migrating several platforms and hoping to get some answers to see if bitrix should be part of that migration).
Hi DJ Hofer!

1) Bitrix24 Bitrix and Yandex have teamed up to offer you a free mail server for your Bitrix24 and the capability to create your own mailboxes on your own domain.
Each Bitrix24 user can create his or her own @bitrix.com (de, ru, ua) mailbox.

Suppose that your company has its own domain: mycompany.com. Now you can use Bitrix24 to create mailboxes using that domain (v_morrison@mycompany.com, a_boston@mycompany.com). Users with administrator rights (an option in visible in the Employee profile) can create, edit and delete mailboxes for other users with either an @bitrix domain, or a corporate one.

Join us at Online Presntation of New Bitrix24 October 14th at at 11 AM EST, you'll be able to [SPOILER ALERT] see the new modern look Bitrix24 acquired after major re-design and learn about new features we've added. Our invited guest for this presentation is @StoweBoyd, probably the most knowledgeable person in the world when it comes to how small organizations collaborate and use social tools at work. As usual, there will be a Q&A session in the end and a special offer for those who managed to sit the entire presentation out.

2) You can turn it off from "Email integrations options"  available in the Menu under your profile phote in the right top corner. You can detach existing mailbox & attach new one here.

3) Bitrix24 does not currently support emailing tasks, comments, messages, etc. options. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Thank you for you reply:

How would one go about migrating an existing email address from another another email server?
Hi DJ Hofer!

After you create a new email account within Bitrix24 (via Yandex), you can open settings (inside integrated Yandex mail interface) & choose "import mail from other accounts" option - you'll need to put your email address & password & trurn the importer on.

Yana.
Thanks for your reply, Yana.

I'm either not understanding something or my questions aren't clear.  My understanding is that Bitrix/Yandex allows for a "free email server" and the ability to "use your own domain".   If thats true, how does one migrate from an existing email server situation - not import, but migrate?  In other words, we aren't needing to create NEW email accounts that use our domain, nor are we needing to import, we are needing to migrate existing email accounts from our current email server to a new email server...uproot and move the whole thing.

Let me illustrate:  Right now, our email hosting is bundled with our domain hosting with another company.  But we are moving our domain hosting to a new company.  The problem is, our new website hosting does not do email hosting, so we need to find a new email hosting solution (like google apps or zoho email hosting).  Since we will be losing our email hosting altogether, the email importer isn't the solution we need (there wouldn't be anything to import from) and creating new email addresses is not what we need...the email addresses already exist, and we need to move them to a new email hosting/server situation.

In summary:
My email addresses like "me@mydomain.com" are currently hosted by another email hosting plan.
That email hosting plan is getting canceled soon.
So, can I MOVE my addresses like "me@mydoman.com" to be hosted on the bitrix/yandex server instead?  

Does that make sense?

thanks for your help.
Yes, you can attach your own domain - go to Email Integration Options (under your profile photo in right top corner) & choose Attch domain option. You can read more about Bitrix24 mail server options in this blog post.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi.

I have two questions:

1. How do I open a new forum post?
2. We have the cloud version, and attaced our mailserver to Bitrix. But everytime I press Mail in Bitrix I am beeing redirected to Yandex.mail. Beleived that mail was directly from Bitrix via Yandex servers, not everything from Yandex. How can I have the Mail button to not redirect me to Yandex.mail and instead have the mail inside Bitrix?

Kind regards
Anders
Hi Anders!

1) Please open one of the forum sections listed here (e.g. "general questions") The "add new topic" tab will be in the right top corner of the questions list (such tab is available in each separate forum section above the questions list)

2) Yes, currently all mail integrations & own @bitrix24.com mail boxes are redirected to a separate browser window, there is no possibility to have Mail section inside Bitrix24 main interface currently.

Best,

Yana.
Hello  - I have just joined and I am NOT technical at all.  We are moving away fr om gmail as several of my staff are based in China wh ere they can't access.  Currently we use gmail apps.

I have set up my emails to be XYZ@myowncompanydomain.com - just waiting for the MX records to be configured

My next questions are:

a) Can I migrate all of my existing gmail emails into the new hosted email account?

b) Also, can I set up a new email address under my domain?  When I go to add a new email address, it only gives me the option to have a bitrix24 email account

I have several other questions and one of them is "why don't you have a proper live chat help desk?"

Thanks for your help anyone and please be lenient on the technical codes in your answer, I have only just found out what an MX record is (still don't know, but I managed to copy and paste it)

Thanks Belinda
Hi All,
Bitrix24 email hosting and attaching your own domain, only work in Cloud Edition of Bitrix... that point need to be clear.
Hi Belinda,

Please contact our Helpdesk with details, our support team will assist. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Hi

What is the purpose of checklist, what i can do here. can you please provide your suggestion.

Thanks & regards,
Narasimha Reddy B.  
You can break down your tasks into todo lists with the help of checklists. It helps to ensure consistency and completeness in carrying out a task.

Best,

Yana
I understand that free email accounts are offered with Bitrix24. Either using the @bitrix24.com alias or using my own domain name alias. Now when looking at the plan it states that the email accounts are unlimited storage. I did not come down in the last shower. Nothing is unlimited (like shared hosting fr om hostgator telling me I have unlimited space). Can you please tell me what the 'ballpark' lim it is for email accounts storage?

I'm currently using Zoho mail and have 3 email accounts with them. Can I link to Zoho like Bitrix24 can link to Gmail, Outlook.com, Yahoo and AOL? Zoho has heaps of tools within their email hosting that I do feel comfortable to use. But at the same time, I would love for my emails to be going straight into the CRM instead of me having to copy and paste it in.

Would it be possible to use a 3rd party service like Zapier to push the email communication from Zoho and make copies of the communication to Bitrix24? Just reluctant to abandon Zoho when it's been so good to me.

Thanks
Hi Ryan,

I'm currently using Zoho mail and have 3 email accounts with them. Can I link to Zoho like Bitrix24 can link to Gmail, Outlook.com,
Yes, via IMAP option

Now when looking at the plan it states that the email accounts are unlimited storage. I did not come down in the last shower. Nothing is unlimited
@bitrix24.com mailboxes are provided by our partner Yandex Mail, the storage space for mail is considered as unlimited, please read details here.

Would it be possible to use a 3rd party service like https://zapier.com/ to push the email communication from Zoho
Though Zapier app is available in Bitrix24 Marketplace, it can be used currently for Bitrix24 tasks and Bitrix24 CRM leads.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yanda,

Ok, so I connected the imap account successfully. But the outcome really is not what I wanted.
Now when I click on the webmail button a new window appears and just redirects to mail.zoho.com webmail. Not the integration I was looking for.

I was hoping to be able to read the email inside the bitrix24 web app. Also having it set so when I send and receive email through my email with zoho - that all the project correspondence would be recorded in the CRM.

The way I manage it right now is to send emails using the contacts/companies panel and find my client and sel ect the action 'add new email' then type out my email (or copy it fr om other program) and use this interface to send email to client. This way it is recorded into the CRM. What is a hassle is recording the information I receive for customer/client, right now this is a cut and paste into workgroup or customer/contact activity. Would be great if I could find a way to record this email communication on the workgroup itself but I haven't found out how to do this (obviously you could have contacts/companies involved in several workgroups at the same time).

I would just love for it to record the email communication in the Bitrix24 system when just using outlook, apple mail or other webmail to send and receive my emails. Ok for example, look at the way TeamGantt.com does it, project participants can respond to each other with email and its updated in the system like a ticket. This is pretty common for help/support like ticketing sytem.
I was hoping to be able to read the email inside the bitrix24 web app.
Currently we support only web mail option - mail opens in a separate browser window.

As for the CRM & Email integration - it can be configured at CRM > Settings > Email integration  (email templates are available there as well). Please read this FAQ for details.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Yes, you can attach your own domain - go to Email Integration Options (under your profile photo in right top corner) & choose Attch domain option. You can read more about Bitrix24 mail server options  in this blog post.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
When i do this, i get an error message Unknown error (mail api) - please help..... what am i doing wrong? i am using the google chrome browser. Thanks.
bitrix24.JPG (94.05 Kb)
Hi Mansur,

It looks like this is a tech issue on our side, please contact our Helpdesk - our support team will assist. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24