Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » Error on adding domain "Unknown error (mail api)"
Pages: 1
RSS
Error on adding domain "Unknown error (mail api)"
Hi,

I tried to attach my domain and it throws the error "Unknown error (mail api)".

I tried different domains that I have and all of them returned the same error. What can it be?

Thanks
Hi Vitor,

Please submit a ticket to our Helpdesk with settings & error screenshot. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

I am facing the same problem and don't know what to do. I submitted a ticket as you have suggested and waiting for a possible solution.
Hopefully it is a easy fix.

Cheers,

HB
Thanks Hugues-Bernard, the support team will assist.

Yana.
lol, i want to test it, so i try to connect my own domain, and surprise, it fails with "Unknown error (mail api)", so, i move out inmediatly from here, is not a good way to attract new costumers
Edited: B24_5707999 - 04/09/2016 17:20:31
The same problem still exists here: Unknown error (mail api).
I can't connect smoothly my domain to Bitrix24 for mailing system.
it still not works
I am having the same issue just right now, what can we do?
i have same problem right now
Please submit a ticket to our Helpdesk! Our support team will look into each particular case, thanks.

Best,

Yana.
the same problem
Same here
I've also tried attached an email account from various sources but without any luck.

It looks like it is a common problem so can your technical support team confirm that the problem is at your end and being fixed instead of me wasting time trying to solved in vain.
Tue Lehrmann wrote:
I've also tried attached an email account fr om various sources but without any luck.

It looks like it is a common problem so can your technical support team confirm that the problem is at your end and being fixed instead of me wasting time trying to solved in vain.
Here is the response from a ticket I created.  The setup procedure works, but is kinda flaky.  Make sure you signup with yandex before adding a domain.

"Hello!

Sorry, for now the problem with connection of domain was found. Our  developers are working on it, and try to solve it as soon as possible.

At the moment you can attach domain to Yandex by yourself  (https://domain.yandex.com/domains_add/), verify domain and create  mailboxes for employees on this domain in Yandex. Then configure MX  records.
In this case emails will not be lost (some emails will come to server on Yandex, and some will come to your previous server.

After that you will be able to connect this domain to portal on page  https://example.bitrix24.com/company/personal/mail/?page=domain
wh ere example.bitrix24.com - address of your portal.
And you will be able to attach created mailboxes to employees on page Settings - Manage e-mail accounts.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,
Anastasia."
Matt Goodin wrote:
At the moment you can attach domain to Yandex by yourself  (https://domain.yandex.com/domains_add/), verify domain and create  mailboxes for employees on this domain in Yandex. Then configure MX  records.
In this case emails will not be lost (some emails will come to server on Yandex, and some will come to your previous server.
We do not want to register on Yandex.com and afterwards connect it to Bitrix24, we just want to connect our domain to Bitrix24 straight away, any time frame when this issue should be sorted out by your technical guys?
Jean Pierre Francois wrote:
We do not want to register on Yandex.com and afterwards connect it to Bitrix24, we just want to connect our domain to Bitrix24 straight away, any time frame when this issue should be sorted out by your technical guys?
WOW!!! Looks like the review I saw online were right, Bitrix24 is just the perfect tools for marketing and sales related purposes, however, the support is a complete disaster!
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24