Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » Bitrix24 doesn't send emails unless we open bitrix24 webpage
Pages: 1
RSS
Bitrix24 doesn't send emails unless we open bitrix24 webpage
Hey,
we have a domain on bitrix24.com. We don't get emails or notifications from anywhere, unless one of us opened its bitrix page on web. This is so weird because if we have to open our network page to get emails, (there we can get site notifications too) why do so called email notifications exist?
Hi Mustafa!

Please contact our Helpdesk with notifications settings screenshot of particular user facing this problem, domain name of your intranet & email address of this user. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
I am new at Bitrix24. But mail notifications dont work. I add task , event etc. not any email is receiving

I dont know what is wrong
Hi!

Please check the email notifications settings (click your profile menu>configure notifications).

Best,

Yana.
I am having the same issue...

I have every checkbox selected under 'configure notifications > advanced mode', however I only receive notifications if I visit our bitrix24.com site or am already logged in. Meaning I am missing updates to a task etc.
Hi Gary!

Please report this to our Helpdesk with dates on which you haven't received the notifications. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Just a follow up for those experiencing the same issue...

The support team has told me that it is considered correct behaviour to NOT receive email notifications unless you are logged into the Bitrix24 site.

Personally I think this defeats the object of email notifications, as surely their main purpose is to notify the user that they need to visit the site? If you are already logged in, you are probably aware of the activity and do not need to receive an email about it.

I consider this to be a major flaw in the system as staff will simply be unaware of potentially important tasks until they remember to log-in.
Gary Mould wrote:
Just a follow up for those experiencing the same issue...

The support team has told me that it is considered correct behaviour to NOT receive email notifications unless you are logged into the Bitrix24 site.

Personally I think this defeats the object of email notifications, as surely their main purpose is to notify the user that they need to visit the site? If you are already logged in, you are probably aware of the activity and do not need to receive an email about it.

I consider this to be a major flaw in the system as staff will simply be unaware of potentially important tasks until they remember to log-in.
According to me, you are completely right. I think they should consider this as a problem and fix with an update. If there is any place that we can write our recommendations, I will be appreciated.
Dear Gary & Mustafa,

The situation is at least one of the intranet users should be making the intranet active - login & perform some minor activity - in this case the notifications will be sent out to intranet users,  but if the intranet is not active at all - nobody is working inside, the notifications may not be sent.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Thank you for your response, however I do not believe this is the case.

If what you said is true, then when a user creates a task they are surely active on the site and notifications should be triggered to the applicable users immediately?

The issue is that if someone creates a task for me (for example), I am not notified unless I personally log-in to Bitrix24. It is only at this point that I receive the email notifications I should have received when the task was created etc.. I have run some further tests to back this up.

In theory - I could go on holiday for two weeks and return to find no notifications in my inbox. I would only receive the email notifications applicable to me over this period when I decide to log-in to Bitrix24.

I think Bitrix24 is a fantastic system but I strongly suggest you do what you can to make the notifications dispatch immediately as this is the expected behaviour (business critical) and I think a lot of people will miss important information if they are not notified straight away.
when a user creates a task they are surely active on the site and notifications should be triggered to the applicable users immediately?
Yes, which means the notificatios may not be sent in case they were created by the system - e.g. recurring tasks, notifications. If you have experienced different scenario - please let us now what type of notification hasn't been sent - we'' test it from our side as well.
I think Bitrix24 is a fantastic system but I strongly suggest you do what you can to make the notifications dispatch immediately as this is the expected behaviour (business critical) and I think a lot of people will miss important information if they are not notified straight away.
I'll pass this to our tech team, thank you for sharing.

Best,

Yana.
Yes, which means the notificatios may not be sent in case they were  created by the system - e.g. recurring tasks, notifications. If you have  experienced different scenario - please let us now what type of  notification hasn't been sent - we'' test it from our side as well.
Ok, here is a simple example scenario which I have experienced:

User A logs-in to Bitrix24 and creates a task for User B (whom is not logged in), User B is not notified by email. User A logs-in a day later and creates a second task for User B (whom is not logged in), User B is still not notified by email. A week later User B decides to log-in to Bitrix24 and instantly receives two email notifications about the two tasks created by User A a week previous, however the deadline for these two tasks has now passed.
Thanks for the scenario Gary, we'll see what we can do about it (for our fall release)

Best,

Yana.
Hello Yana,

I don't know whether I'm having the same issue or a related one, but yesterday I tried to send a quotation to a client by email from Bitrix24 (web) and it simply didn't go out at all. Today when I logged back in on the website, the e-mail went out, a day late. This is a business-critical function… any idea why it happened? Previous emails have also been delayed, but not for so long.

Peter
Hi Peter!

Emails shouldn't be sent from the CRM with a delay - please report this to our Helpdesk - the team will have a closer look at your account. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Dear Yana,

Following up what Gary and Mustafa were saying, have any changes been made to the fact that no email notifications are sent out unless you are already logged in?

I had not realised this was a feature, and was trying to figure out why I wasn't receiving email notifications.  It seems that no changes have been made to the system Gary and Mustafa discussed in June.  Can you confirm this is the case?

I really feel it would be beneficial for Bitrix users to receive notifications when they are not logged in.  If I have to log in to receive the notifcations then I may as well deactivate them and rely on Bitrix's internal notification system.  Assuming it is not just me, but that this is still the way the email notifications operate, what is the added benefit in having them at all?

Regards,

Hugo Palejowski
Hi Hugo!

Please contact our Helpdesk to check what the problem is exactly. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.  
Hi Yana,

I'm having the same problem described above. I need my team to receive an email when I assign them a task, whether they are logged into Bitrix or not. Hopefully this is possible and I'm just doing something wrong. I love the tool otherwise but this is an essential feature and could be a deal breaker.

Thanks,

Ben
Hi Ben!

Each user should check own notifications: email notifications column, tasks section - task assigned to you.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana

Has this issue been addressed\resolved yet. I am trying to make a case for this software to be purchased, but this is a real issue for us.

Regards
Hi Roedolph,

but this is a real issue for us.
please advise your scenario details, thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24