Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » Setting up email from Custom Hosting Provider
Pages: 1
RSS
Setting up email from Custom Hosting Provider
I use HostGator for my hosting needs and have tried to setup my email in Bitrix using IMAP to no avail.

I believe I am inputting the wrong Web Url:

https://gator3060.hostgator.com:2096/
http://www.getmomentus.com/webmail

Are both working URLs to login to my account.

Bitrix says its connected successfully using my current login credentials,so anyone have any idea why its not working?
Hi Eric,

Please advise what exactly is this problem about? Our new updated version of Bitrix 24 Cloud is equipped with e-mail connectors, which means as soon as you have put in your data and the connection is established, you should be able to see email counters - number of emails you have got  in the left column near the icon named  email. After clicking on this email icon you should be transferred to your post server's homepage.

Please give more details on your problem, screenshots applied will be also helpful.

Thank you,

Yana.
Ok I was confused as I thought since it was accessing my e-mail via IMAP, that it would actually allow me to view and manage my e-mail inbox.

That would be a *GREAT* feature as I can keep open my company email via Bitrix and not have to worry about using Outlook anymore.
Dear Eric,

Thank you for the suggestion, we have put it to the Development Department.

For more news update and feedback on Bitrix24 we also invite you to follow our Facebook page and Twitter

Best regards,

Yana.
Mr Bitrix24,

The fact that my mailbox management cannot be done through Bitrix24, makes me use another tool for my overall collaboration.... wouldn't be great if everything could be managed from Bitrix24?

Dan
Hi Daniel,

This option will be added soon.

Kind Regards,

Yana.  
Hi Yana,
any news from the development department?
To be able to manage mails inside of Bitrix would help a lot!

Thanx, Hage
Hello!
Is anybody home?
Hi Raimund,

Sorry for being late with respond :-) But I do not have any news on this feature update yet. I'll advise as soon as I have any info on this option. Thanks for your interest.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Hello,
yes, I agree with everyone else.
Bitrix is GREAT, but i can't understand why this basic-feature is missing...
any updates yet?
I find it a very very important feature with high priority...

thanks.
Hi Zac,

No updates yet...

Yana.
Are there any updates?
I need to use my own email in Bitrix but also in my currently used email client (Apple mail).

Or is there a way to use my email inside Bitrix and the Bitrix iPhone/Android app?

Mobile emailing isn't new anymore? Why is this not a feature of Bitrix yet?

Thank you.
Edited: Dylan van Vliet - 01/14/2015 10:42:40
Hi Dylan!

You can configure @bitrix24.com mailboxes for your employees from inside your Bitrix24 intranet. The own domain name (@bitrix24.com) mail option is provided by our partner - Yandex, you can install their own mobile apps (Yandex Mail) & log in with your @bitrix24.com email addresses there. You can read more about @bitrix24.com mailboxes here.

Suppose that your company has its own domain: mycompany.com. You can use Bitrix24 to create mailboxes using that domain (v_morrison@mycompany.com, a_boston@mycompany.com).Here is how.

Best,

Yana.  
Thank you Yana,

I want to use my own domain user@mydomain.com so my employees can send emails to clients. It isn't an option to use @bitrix24.com to send emails to clients.

The problem is that when connect my own domain @mydomain.com. We cant not use our own mail client (Apple Mail, iOS mail, Outlook etc.) That wouldn't be an option either.

Will there be come an update?..  
Hello Yana,

In case I maybe missing something.

When I connect my own Domain with Bitrix. Is it then still possible to use my own Email client (Apple mail, iOS, Outlook) using this solution: http://www.bitrixsoft.com/support/training/course/index.php?COURSE_ID=55&LESSON_ID=6632&LESSON_PATH=...

But then change @bitrix24.com to @mydomain.com

Thank you.
If you mean IMAP connection - we are considering this feature for future updates.

Best,

Yana.  
Yes an imap connection with Bitrix and my own email addres/server, so i can still use email clients such as Mail app, iOS mail, Outlook.
Ok, thanks, we'll consider it.

Best,

Yana.
Personal use the hostgator and had the same configuration difficulties. I believe check emails within the CRM software is the best option. Also because I want to keep the emails registered with my clients, as I did with Sugar CRM. How do I use more than one email account to communicate with my clients and staff, need to set up several imap accounts. Thing that your software does today. As it is today I have to keep using Outlook. Thing I would stop using, as his friend Eric Richner said.

Default setting for those who use hostgator.

E-mail server web interface URL
http://www.yourdomain.com/webmail

IMAP server address
mail.yourdomain.com

Port

Secure connection
No

Login
youremail@yourdomain.com

Password
PASSWORD

Congratulations team bitrix24 the wonderful software.
I am able to create my own domain name e-mails address but i am not seeing the listing nor can i manage the user accounts? Is that something which needs to be enabled somewhere i only see one user on the manage email accounts options.

I can be reached on ibrahim@mail.co.ke by the way thats the domain i have added on bitrix24.com
Edited: Ibrahim Essajee - 03/16/2016 16:17:51
Before I starat using the Bitrix domain I would also like to integrate my M/Soft email. What is the email URL?

Why do I keep getting an authentication error when I try the email integration? Is it not working?

Anand
Hi Ibrahim,

Manage email accounts option allows you to create & edit email addresses fro your active Bitrix24 users\employees. Use add mailbox option to create a new mailbox.

Best,

Yana.

Hi Anand,

Please provide more details on the error - do you get it under My workspace > Webmail or under CRM > Email integration.

Best,

Yana.
Eric Richner wrote:
Ok I was confused as I thought since it was accessing my e-mail via IMAP, that it would actually allow me to view and manage my e-mail inbox.

That would be a *GREAT* feature as I can keep open my company email via Bitrix and not have to worry about using Outlook anymore.

This would really be a no. 1 reason on our company's list of why we would not migrate to Bitrix24 in the near future (i.e. in the next 3-6 months). Having to use a 3rd party e-mail client instead of having e-mails as native in Bitrix24 is a real put-down for us as we do most of our communication through e-mail.

Since this topic is from 2013 - is there any news regarding this, is this under development?

Best regards,
Samo
Hi Samo!

Since this topic is from 2013 - is there any news regarding this, is this under development?

Unfortunately not. We haven't decided to move in this direction yet.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24