Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Communication tools » Embedded video
Pages: 1
RSS
Embedded video
Hi, we currently are using the free cloud version. Do any versions allow for video to be uploaded directly to Bitrix24 and embedded in a status update, instead of only linking to video hosted elsewhere? Thanks!
We are also extremely interested in embedding video, e.g. from Youtube and Vimeo, as you can do in facebook.
Is that what you mean, David?
It would be great if this was a media typre in custom fields ....
Yes, that would be very useful. My main want is to be able to upload and attach a video in a status update (not linked, but hosted within Bitrix - or maybe hosted behind the scenes elsewhere) and allow it to be embedded and viewed in the activity stream.
Hi Simon and David,

to be able to upload and attach a video in a status update (not linked, but hosted within Bitrix
Unfortunately this option is not available in Bitrix24 Cloud version now - we're thinking to add this functionality, but I cannot give light about the time when we may add it.

But this can be done now inBitrix24 Self-Hosted version.

Now the video can only be uploaded to the user's files and stored there, but not embedded and viewed in the activity stream.

We are also extremely interested in embedding video, e.g. from Youtube and Vimeo, as you can do in facebook.
Is that what you mean, David?
Please advise if you are talking about this: try the "insert video" option - enter youtube link there and see how it works

It would be great if this was a media typre in custom fields ....
Can you please give more details and explanation. Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hello Yana,

I am a new user of Bitrix24.

I inserted a video successfully in a comment in the Activity Stream. However, after that one successful video insertion, all my attempts failed. I tried using different browsers and even re-started  by computer, but to no avail.

Any idea why, please?

Thanks.
Hi Deo!

You have to insert video link for enbedded videos (e,g. Youtibe video has share option>embed - copy link & paste to Bitrix24 insert video option). Hope this helps.

Best,

Yana.
Hello

Any update on this feature request to be able to embed vimeo or youtube in the wiki pages? I think its essential to have this ability. Why have just a link that takes you out of your product... Yours solution is to provide efficiency of work.. Not having this, really hinders this great tool.

Thanks.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the question, we are thinking about this, but nothing in particular is scheduled yet (this may probably be for the future releases, not this spring)

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24