Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Group tasks in calendar
Pages: 1
RSS
Group tasks in calendar, Is there any way to view tasks other than my own in a calendar?
Forgive me if this has been addressed. I promise I conducted a search and did not found my exact query.

I'm evaluating Bitrix24 with a select few employees before deciding on a plan and deploying it to the entire group. The single most important feature I'm looking for is the ability to see the entire group's tasks on a calendar, in any way, shape, or form.

I'm an owner and administrator with full privileges to everyone's calendars. However, right now, the only tasks I've managed to be able to see on my Workspace Calendar are my own. I have added employee calendars as favorites, but that seems to only cover events. I don't see any way to add their "My Tasks" calendars as favorites so I can view them within my own (is there a way?)

Even though all tasks have me as observer and the vast majority are created by me, they still don't appear on even my own MY Tasks calendar. I've tried adding me as a participant to tasks, but they still don't appear on my own My Tasks calendar or in the Group calendar. Only in the calendar of the person listed as Responsible.

Oddly, even when I click on Employees, then on an employee calendar, I still can't view their tasks. Only their events calendar. And their My tasks" calendar doesn't seem to offer a permissions tab at all.

I understand I can view all tasks under the Tasks tab as either a list or Gantt chart, but that has limitations to what our intent is.

Is there a workaround to this? Any way whatsoever to see tasks other than my own on a calendar? If not, a Group Calendar that shows Tasks in addition to Events would be a fantastic addition.
Hi Leo,

I'm afraid that scenario we haven't considered much, here are scenarios we developed for the users to work (maybe you'll find the convenient one for you):

- if employees will set you as an observer of their tasks - these tasks will appear for you in My Workspace>Tasks>Following (2 views available - list or gantt chart)
- if you want to see particular's employee's full list of tasks he\she is working on - you can open his\her profile (company>employees>open employee's profile) - and open "tasks" section or "calendar" section
- if you need to see tasks of the group of users - there is also a possibility to work via Workgroups - you create a new workgroup, invite employees there, and ask them to set tasks within this workgroup, you can also access permissions for the workgroup tasks section, and as admin you'll see the workgroup's full list of tasks.

We had a feature request - to be able to see employee's tasks in his calendar when you add his calendar to favorites (I've added your vote to it). If you would like to propose another scenario - please share, or maybe you'll find one of the solutions I've described above suitable. Thank you.  

Yana.  
Yana
Please add my vote for
to be able to see employee's tasks in my calendar when you add employees calendar to favourites
Thanks
Paul
Hi Paul,

Thank you, I will!

Yana.
Thank you, Yana.

As a workaround to this, is there a way to assign a task with multiple responsible persons? That way the tasks would show up on their calendar and on mine.

Thanks,

Leo Santos
Dear Leo,

Yes, if you'll add other users as participants to the task - this task will appear in their tasks' calendar too.
Yana.
+1
to be able to see employee's tasks in my calendar when you add employees calendar to favourites
Thanks Giovanni!

Yana.
+1

Thanks Fawzia!

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

any update on this?

Also +1 vote, since it's one of the main reasons we actually started using Bitrix...
Hi Marian!

Thansk for your vote, I've passed it to the devs. No news on this option as we haven't been revising the module yet, we may consider the calendar module updates in the second half of 2015.

Best,

Yana.
How can I see the events that my employee adds? She created a google calendar and synked her bitrix with it she created events in it, but I cant see it:( please help!
Hi Elena!

\When a user connects his\her google calendar to Bitrix24 - a new special calendar is created inside his\her Bitrix24 calendar section. You can configure her default Bitrix24 calendar as favorite but not connected google calendar unfortunately.

Best,

Yana.
so is there a way for me to create an event in her calendar that it will then sync with her google calendar. I mean I have several workers in different parts of the world and i would like to use birth to create events for each of them, but they will see them in their google calendars?
Hello Elena,

There is no such option now. I've passed your request to the dev team. Thanks!
+1 to this feature request as well.

We've just been looking at ways of getting and overview of the overall workload and being able to see everyone's tasks and who is doing what and when in one place/matrix is rather important.
Hi Laurynas!

Thanks for your vote.

Best,

Yana.
+1
There are all these features for tasks but I can't see on a calendar who accomplished what and when? You even already have it so a user can see their own tasks on a calendar. I think all most of us need is the ability to set supervisors to be able to see that same task calendar of employees.
Thanks for the vote Scott!

and Happy New Year!

Yana.
+1

to be able to see employee's tasks in my calendar.
Hi

Can you please give an example screenshot with deadline and start-time and end time. I am getting confusion about it like start and end time is before the deadline or following the deadline or after the deadline?.

Thanks & Regrads,
Narasimha Reddy B.  
TASKS.PNG (5.73 Kb)
+1

By the way. Any updates on this?
Hi Austris,

No update, I'm afraid. Supervisors can view subordinates tasks from profile page > tasks. You can view these tasks as a list or as a Gantt Chart.

Best,

Yana.
+1 for me on beeing able toi see everybody My Tasks calendar.

Hi I really need the option to see everyones "My Task" as a favourite calendar. That should make Bitrix the ultimate Task and project management.

Can you put a +1 for me in this please.
Hi Andre!

Thanks for your vote!

Best,

Yana.
+1 from me
+1
Thanks for the votes!

Best,

Yana.
+1

to be able to see employee's tasks in my calendar when you add employees calendar or to be able to see  employee's tasks into calendar when I open  his\her profile (company>employees>open employee's profile), section calendar (I can only see his\her events...not his\her tasks).
It is very important!  
Hi Andrea,

Noted. Thanks for the vote!

Best,

Yana.
+1
to be able to see employee's tasks in my calendar when you add employees calendar or to be able to see employee's tasks into calendar when I open his\her profil
Thanks for the vote!

BTW you can see employees tasks involvement now. You can set time period & see employees load by department or for all employees (provided you have the appropriate access rights):

Best,

Yana.
I have a similar, but different question/ request. I'd like to be able to see all the tasks for a workgroup, in the workgroup calendar. It seems kind of silly to have to add in deadlines and what not when I have already done that in the task. I'm not sure if that is already a feature, I just can't access it, because I am using the free version. Is it possible to sync the group's task to the workgroup calendar, like I would my tasks in my own calendar?
Hi Paris,

You can use Gantt chart view for workgroup tasks as a solution.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24