Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Progress status of tasks
Pages: 1
RSS
Progress status of tasks, Some kind of status of the percentage of work done on a task
Is there anything currently to be able to mark a task at a certain percentage of completion such as 25% done or 80% done and also be able to see it in the task list and a visual representation in the Gantt view? If not, is this something that will be added later on?

Thank you

Jason
Hi Jason!

Thansk for the suggestion, I've passed it to the devs. Unfortunately I cannot advise if\when this option may\maynot be added, we'll consider it for our future releases.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Thank you Yana for your reply and passing it along. It isn't a deal breaker but it would help tremendously in how we will use it.
Thanks for the suggestion Jason! :-)

Yana.
First day using Bitrix24, and ended up here while searching for this exact feature. A pity there isn't yet.
Hi Fernando,

We'll take your vote for this option into account. Hope you'll find the other options useful. Thanks.

Best,

Yana.
This seems like a very basic function that should be available - especially since the Gantt view is standard. Please add my vote to hopefully making this happen.
Hi Geoff, thanks!

Best,

Yana.
Hi Dear all,

I sign in in Bitrix since 01 hour ago, as above user I'm looking the same features. It will be very great if you add asap.

Interface is less simple, reactive, light and fluid than producteev but features are awesome, thanks for that.
Hi Killer!

Thanks! I'll add your vote for the option.

Best,

Yana.
I  think that task progress can  add a lot of understanding of task actual state. It's a simple and great feature that should be added
Hi Sfg!

Thank you, we'll take this option into account.

Best,

Yana.
Hi!

Has there been any development regarding this feature?

Thanks,

Elbano

P.S.: Another great feature to have would be that the progress of subtasks affect the progress of their parent task.
Edited: Elbano Mibelli P. - 08/26/2016 18:12:37
Hi Elbano,

We haven't started in this direction yet, but may consider this option in future. Thanks for your vote!

Best,

Yana.
Workaround 1: Checklist items (25%/50%,...) but not visible in GANTT/List, only in detail.
Workaround 2: Task planned time = 100 hrs (100%), Time elapsed 35 hrs (35%). This also shows in Task List, but better use real time values.

Our approach: Start and end date show timeframe in which a task will be completed (not continously working on it). Planned time is sum of needed manhours from all participants. Therefore elapsed time shows status.
Request 1: GANTT Bar should show "sum elapsed time" / planned time / percent (2:30 h  / 10:00 h / 25 %). List should have entry "percentage".
Request 2: Darker blue bar should show, when time was recorded to the task (to see when work was done). For us the prending->in-progress indication (darker, thinner blue bar in GANTT) is useless

Alternatively (but far less accurate): Task progress in percentage could be logged same as (instead of) "planned time". Planned time = 100%, add percentages instead of elapsed time. I would not recommend, because to many ways to do something is confusing. Time tracking is far more detailed (in reports who did how many hours, etc.). 10% of minor task is nothing, on major task is big  progress. With % you can't calculate... With hrs. you can.
Edited: Florian Korthauer - 09/02/2016 12:56:03
Self-Hosted
Hi Florian,

Noted. Thanks for the workaround tips & suggestions.

Best,

Yana.
Hello all,
+1! Can't wait to see percentage task progress bar! Cheers!
Thanks for the vote, Marcin!

Best,

Yana.
I thought a bit about tracking time of several participants... also submitted by ticket to Lev....
Self-Hosted
Thanks for the visualized suggestions Florian!

Best,

Yana.
Hi there, any notice about these features??

Regards
Hi César,

We may consider this option later (not scheduled yet).

Best,

Yana.  
Soooo, it's been 2.5years since you were considering it. New here and waiting for that too.
Edited: Sławomir Thinker - 04/23/2017 02:22:48
Hi Sławomir,

We have added a number of modifications to tasks besides that one, but thanks for the vote, we may add it later (not scheduled yet).

Best,

Yana.
This is a disappointing thread. Signed up today and this glaring feature omission sends me back out searching for a better web platform for my department.
Going to give the other features a few days exploration, but not a bright prospect.  Hope we get some good news.

May reconsider bitrix later (not scheduled yet.)
Hi Robert!

May reconsider bitrix later (not scheduled yet.)
Noted. Hope we'll manage to release some updates on tasks before  :). There are some options scheduled for tasks for this summer, but I don't have details about them yet.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24