Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » task management by deputy
Pages: 1
RSS
task management by deputy
Hi,

is there any solution for task management by deputys planned in the task module?

use cases:
a) secretary sees (/manages) tasks of his/her superiors
b) deputy manages tasks of a colleague while hes on vacation

Thanks in advance.
Hi Manuel!

I'm afraid we don't plan anything like that currently. Tasks can be delegated, have multiple participants, observers & be within the group now - if this may help.

Best,

Yana.
I found this topic in my search for info on administrator- created tasks.  Is a "deputy" (as mentioned by the original poster) what Bitrix calls an "administrator"?

Just trying to find out if this original poster is referring to the same scenario I have encountered before risking a repeat question to the forums.
Hi Mary!

Not sure I got it :)

Bitrix24 Administrators are general Bitrix24 system administrators (for example  - "admin mode" allows to see other users tasks, files, though chat stays private even for admins)

Tasks roles available in Bitrix24 are task's responsible persion, participants, observer. There can be only one responsible user for the task, but it can be changed, other users may play roles of observers or participants.

If you need to edit another user's task you can do that in the admin mode (profile settings >admin mode)

Best,

Yana.
Ah, okay.  Are you referring to administrators of that specific intranet or Bitrix24 (site wide) administrators (such as Yana)?

Tasks roles available in Bitrix24 are task's responsible persion, participants, observer. There can be only one responsible user for the task, but it can be changed, other users may play roles of observers or participants.

Yeah, I think my problem is the opposite. Within my intranet, I am acting as the administrator (since I set our intranet up).  So, when another worker makes me a participant, I can edit the task if I need to (in addtion to just including notes at the bottom).  However, if I create a task and then make that person a participant, they can only add notes to the project. They cannot edit its description, deadline, add a task, etc...    My guess as to why is that I am an administrator whereas my coworker is not.  Im guessing anyone in my intranet who is not an administrator can maake one another a participant and they will always be able to edit tasks that they are a participant of. However, if an administrator makes a task, by default, a non-administtrator just wont be able to edit it, even if that non-admin person is made to be a participant for that task.
Are you referring to administrators of that specific intranet
Yes, it has nothing to do with me or the website :) I mean administrator(s) of your Bitrix24 intranet.

why is that I am an administrator whereas my coworker is not.  
Not sure what you mean by this lone, but - you can give other users admin rights in their profile page

anyone in my intranet who is not an administrator can maake one another a participant and they will always be able to edit tasks that they are a participant of.

BTW tasks can have multiple responible persons (option "duplicate the task and choose multiple responsible persons)

Best,

Yana.
Hmm, Im not sure Im explaining myself correctly. Let me explain the scenario again and see if it comes out in a  more understandable way.

Scenario A: Administrator Creates a Task
1. Administrator of Intranet creates a task. He assigns Jenny (a non-intranet administrator) as a participant of the task.  
2. When Jenny logs on she can see the task that the administrator set her as a participant of.   She clicks on that task and begins working on it.
3. Jenny has a few changes that she needs to make to the task's description. However, the "edit" button is not there.  Her only alternative is that she will need to add it in the notes/comments that appear below that task

Scenario B : Jenny Creates a Task
1. Jennycreates a task of her own. She assigns John as a participant. She also assigns the administrator as a participant too.
2. When John logs on he can see the task that Jenny set him as a participant of.   He can also click on "edit" and change the description of the task
3. When the intranet administrator logs on, he can see the task that Jenny set him as a participant of. He can also click "edit" and change the description of the task.  

To reiterate from my previous thread, with some wording changes:

My guess as to why that happens is that I am an administrator whereas my coworkers Jenny and John are not. Im guessing anyone in my intranet who doesnt have an administrator role can allow others to edit the task they created, by making that other person a participant.  However, if an administrator creates a task, than the ability of participants to edit that task doesnt apply because it was an administrator who created the task.

Am I right?
In our bitrix installation the administrators use normal user accounts daily and switch to their admin accounts when required for a task. If I understand you correctly, this may be a solution/workaround for you.
Edited: Manuel Lange - 02/05/2015 22:39:36
Manuel Langewrote:
In our bitrix installation the administrators use normal user accounts daily and switch to their admin accounts when required for a task. If I understand you correctly, this may be a solution/workaround for you.
Actually, I know that would be a work around. However, I asked about this in the forums just to confirm this as I wondered if there was just something I (as the admin user) wasnt doing correctly.  I thought maybe there was a button or option (that I just wasnt finding) which might have allowed me to post a task in an admin account, but that is somehow able to be edited by other participants to that task.  
Dear Mary,

For simple users: the "participants" cannot edit the tasks in which they participate, only task's repsonsible can. But if the user has an admin status - he\she will be able to edit the task. We'll take your scenarios into consideration & think how we can do more flexible scenarios for team work on tasks. Thank you!

Yana.

Yana Prokopetswrote:

For simple users: the "participants" cannot edit the tasks in which they participate, only task's repsonsible can. But if the user has an admin status - he\she will be able to edit the task. We'll take your scenarios into consideration & think how we can do more flexible scenarios for team work on tasks. Thank you!

I take it that this is what the notes section on a task is for?  It sounds like you are saying that participants can add commentary in the notes only. So it would mean that the creator of the task would have to manually add those notes to the task by copying/pasting the task note into the actual task itself.

As an admin user, I am still able to edit other people's tasks no problem. In this case, the non-admin person created a task and made me (the admin) a participant.  From there I could edit the task. I havent tried the scenario of having a non-admin person creating a task and making me only an observer. Not sure if the admin would be able to edit even if they are only an observer.
I can relate to Mary's issue.

Even if I make a non-admin user Responsible for a task I assign to the user, he/she can NOT edit their assigned task. However, when non-admin user assign a task to me (admin) I can edit it.

It's inconvenient sometimes, because I quite often want my employees can edit a task, especially when I want them to upload files within a task. Otherwise I have to download files from all participants and responsible person to MY Drive and then upload them to attach to the task in question.

Also, if there is a checkbox allowing for Responsible person to change deadline, why would not allow him/her to edit the task?

Thanks.
Hi Dmitry!

Thanks for the explanation, we'll think about it when the tasks module will be updated.

Best,

Yana.
@Dmitry You just need to set the Responsible also as Creator of the Task. That way he can edit the task.

Solution for the Secretary/Deputy Problem: Just create a group for those two (or more) persons and set them moderators (or allow edit of all tasks to all group members). That way they can see all tasks and edit them.
Self-Hosted
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24