Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » How best to manage small projects, that Workspaces are over the top? And to have on a gantt chart?
Pages: 1
RSS
How best to manage small projects, that Workspaces are over the top? And to have on a gantt chart?
At the moment we use several different apps to manage the project lifecycle...
  • Toms Planner for its Gantt Chart capability to put on all our work we are working on
  • A spreadsheet to see future project income.
  • A CRM to manage opportunities which turn into projects.
  • A self built basic intranet to put project specification on
I am looking to merge all that into one application so trying Bitrix.

It seems projects in Bitrix are Workgroups which are quite feature rich. But many of our projects are small... say we have a project that will take half a day or so which in fact could just be one task. A workgroup is way over the top for this. But its taking time to create it, deselecting all the features, inviting people etc.

I just want somewhere to quickly add a project into the "system" which then puts this on a gantt chart, links it to a client, with fields to add in the amount which is then put into some future income report.

Is it possible in Bitrix, any suggestions?  
Hi Laurence!

I sugegst using tasks for small progects - e.g. you can create task with checklists, subtasks, people involved can be added as participants or observers, CRM records can be connected to the task as well.
with fields to add in the amount which is then put into some future income report.
I'm afraid this can't be done from the task form, though what you can do is quickly access connected CRM record from the task & create invoice or quote there. Alternatively - create deal\quote\invoice independently in the CRM & connect it to the task after.

Best,

Yana.  
Thanks for your Yana. I did not want to create an invoice from it... I wanted to record the income from a project and expected payment date, then have this on a monthly report, so I can see how much money I will have coming in over the next few months. I can see Bitrix does do this, but guess it wont for tasks. So I would need to create every single little job as a new workspace/project, so its not suitable.

I also cannot see how to create recurring income into this report anyway.

I am amazed the lack of such functionality in all the applications I tried online. Its such an important aspect of running a business, I have to keep using my spreadsheet!

Thanks
Edited: Laurence Cope - 06/24/2015 22:18:17
Hi Laurence,

Yes, we don't have these options unfortunately. We will for sure consider adding them one day, but to be honest, this route may not be our strategical direction at this very moment.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24