Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Repeating tasks
Pages: 1
RSS
Repeating tasks, How do I set up repeating task
I love the discovery of Bitrix.  For me, repeating tasks is a mandatory feature.  The website says that bitrix task module does support repeating task.  Yet I cannot find where?  

Help would be appreciated.

(Maybe I just need more coffee... ;))

OK, Now I see the option, but only when creating a new task.  Then my next question, how do they work? When I finish one, instead of seeing the next repetition, it just disappears as if it is all finished.  Again, what am I doing wrong here?
Hello, Mr. Dion!

Then my next question, how do they work? When I finish one, instead of seeing the next repetition, it just disappears as if it is all finished.  Again, what am I doing wrong here?
A repeated task will show as "complete" when it is finished until the next term (day, week, month) starts - at that time, it will re-appear.

So if you want the task to stop repeating, you uncheck the repeat task box.

Best Regards,
Anna
I have set up a repeating task and have read what you mentioned above but i cannot seem to find that repeat button. First of all I cannot even find that task as I have deleted this weeks repeat. Another thing is does not appear in tasks filter for eg created by me.
It should do this as i created it. Please help  
Quintin Venter wrote:
I have set up a repeating task and have read what you mentioned above but i cannot seem to find that repeat button.
Hi, Quintin!

You will find the "repeat" check-box in the section "More" (bottom of the task's form)

First of all I cannot even find that task as I have deleted this weeks repeat. Another thing is does not appear in tasks filter for eg created by me.
If it was a repeated task and you deleted it, it wan't come back. You can find this task with filter, in the "all" section. Use a search string to find this task easily by name

If you created a task template, you have to undo the repetition in the template's form. Even if you delete the task, the template will recreate it.
Just view all your templates forms. There is a template with the same name?

If yes, look at the section "more".

Best regards,
Anna
Hi Anna,

Thanks for so many of your great responses. This forum has been very helpful. You should make it more visible to users!

My request relates to the creation of recurring tasks:

Would you enable "recurring" to be an option even when simply editing a task, not just when creating that task for the first time? Sometimes I realize I need a task to be repeated every week/month, etc. AFTER I've already created it. You can keep the option in the same place (the "More" area), but please do turn it on under "edit task" mode.

Many thanks, again.
Hi Jesse,

Thank you for the feature suggestion. We will think about it.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Jesse Biroscak wrote:

"Would you enable "recurring" to be an option even when simply editing a task, not just when creating that task for the first time? Sometimes I realize I need a task to be repeated every week/month, etc. AFTER I've already created it. You can keep the option in the same place (the "More" area), but please do turn it on under "edit task" mode. "
I am having the same issue. Sometimes I create a task and I notice afterwards that it should be recurring... and the option "repeat task" cannot be found anymore when editing the task... This really should stay available at all times I think...

Thanks.
Hi Janika,

Thanks for sharing, I've added your vote for this feature.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi,
I've been trying to set up recurring tasks and are facing the same issues and one new in addition.
Firstly, once recurring task is created - recurence can not be changes when editing the task. Think is, I've made a mistake when setting the task, but now I could not change it. The bigger issue is, I can't even delete it now. If I delete the task, it reappears at the next scheduled time! How do I delete all recurring instances of a task?
Hi Larry!

Please see this Troubleshooting Guide how to change & delete recurring tasks.

Best,

Yana.  
Yana Prokopetswrote:
Hi Larry!

Please see this  Troubleshooting Guide how to change & delete recurring tasks.

Best,

Yana.
OK. Deleted the template. Will see if the task pops up again next week.
I've would have had hard time figuring this one out on my own ;) It is not very intuitive, but at least there is a working methiond to deal with recurring tasks.

Thanks Yana!
It is not very intuitive,

We'll take this into account :-) Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Hello Everyone,

It think is related to the above inquiries on Tasks.
I need your help on this:

I accidentally deleted a completed task.  How can i retrieve it?
Please help me on this one.

Thanks,
Nep
Hi Nepthaly!

You cannot retrieve it yourself, if you are Bitrix24 paid account subscriber - you can request data backup for the whole system on the definite date (please note that any updates performed after that time won't be saved.) - please contact our Helpdesk for that.

Best,

Yana.
Hi, I do have the same concerns as some of the users above. I wanna ask if the function to set a task to 'recurring' in edit mode is available now.
Hi Jaslyn,

We haven't changed this part. In order to create a recurring task you should created a task template with reccuring option enabled. After the template is added it will be genarting new tasks based on the recurring parameters set by you in the template. You can edit the recurring task templates form the templates list.

Best,

Yana.
Hi..

When task were set as repeated, are those tasks will be duplicated?
Coz we're having an issue with repeating task. The next day, the task will be repeated, but it duplicates the previous task that I had set as repeating task.

Thank you,
Mille
Hi Mille,

The repeating tasks are in fact based on task template which generates a repeating task. In case you need to edit the repeating task template or delete it you can find it in Tasks > Templates.

Best,

Yana.
Hi,

I've set a task to repeat daily every 8 in the morning.  How come its not showing on my list of tasks?

Thanks
Hi Mario!

Please check the tasks template parameters - new tasks should be generated from it based on the "repeat" settings in the template.

Best,

Yana.
I have some Tasks , That are creat by template. Now They duplicate every days. I Want to edit Task disabled Recuring. I see Edit Mode where there is not Recurring.How I can resolve it ? Help me.

Thanks
Hi Duc!

Please edit not the task, but the task template.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Template of task is Okie , But I wanna to disabled recuring of task that is running ...

Thanks .
Hi Duc!

Recurring tasks are based on templates - when you create a new recurring task, the template generates new tasks each time. What you can do is either complete tasks generated by the template or delete\edit the task template. Hope this helps.

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24