Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Two problems, with Calendar and Task
Pages: 1
RSS
Two problems, with Calendar and Task
I have set up two accounts, one an admin account, and one as my personal user account (in accordance with your sensible suggestion not to use personal account as admin, in case you need to pass the admin function to someone). To the personal account I have granted admin status.
I wanted to access the Calendar and Tasks of these two accounts in my Outlook.
1 - when I connect calendar to outlook, its ossible to do this for both accounts, BUT for the admin account, in outlook I see fulldetails, and I can edit the account and the changes show up in Bitrix (after a screen refresh)
For the personal account, I only see [occupied]. No changes made inoutlook show up in Bitrix.
WHY?

2 - Task publishing (Export to outlook) from the admin account works ok
when I then try to do the same with personal account tasks, it does not publish (looks like it thinks that the tasks are already published, because of the existing link with the Admin accounttasks)
If I remove the admin tasks, its possible to publish. BUT- what shows up are the Admin account tasks, or rather those that the Admin created, also for other people! MAJOR BUG!!!

can you comment?
Hi, Piotr!

Did you synchronized this two calendars simultaneously to one outlook client? Or you deleted an old and added a new one?
yes. it was simultanously, to one outlook client.
However, it was still going  crazy wjhen for example I would remove the link for tasks between the Admin bitrix accouint and Outlook, but not remove the clalendar link (between the Admin bitrix accouint and Outlook). Then I was seeing the wrong tasks (i.e. in the tasks link to perosnal trasks I had the Admoin tasks).

I have now removed the links to both bitrix accouts from my Outlook, for the Calendars AND the Tasks, and then connected only the personal bitrix account with outlook (tasks and calendar). This time, the tasks are OK (meaning I see my personal tasks, and not the ones the Admin has set for all users). However, the calendar in outlook is still showing my Bitrix appointments (i.e. from the bitrix calendar) as [occupied]., without the appointment info.
I want to submit a new problem. For the life of god, I can't find where to click to do that! Only a reply to my previous posts (which I have no reply to form you, by the way).
So, how do I submit a new problem, or are you not interested?
rgrds
Until you let me know how to open a new thread, here is the bug.
I have set a task for someone in my company.
1 - I went to that persons page (through employees), selcted her, went into (her) tasks, clicked New Task. In the form for defining the new task, the person responsible was... me. I had clicked about ten times to get to setting a task for her!! And now I have to clicke again, to set the person responsible as her, not me? crazy...

2 - after setting her the task... it did not show up in the list of her tasks! But in the box on the right (Filter etc), when I click for example "Active", then they show up in the task list. I had not set any filters before, so what is the sens of not showing a newly created task?
Hi, Piotr!

We've tested this situation of calendar synchronization with outlook, but didn't find the error. Maybe we have missed something. Please, create a ticket in our helpdesk and we'll find the decision together. In the ticket, please, specify your Outlook ver sion (year). How did you connect the Bitrix24 calendar with Outlook, with this button?
Task publishing (Export to outlook) fr om the admin account works ok
when I then try to do the same with personal account tasks, it does not publish (looks like it thinks that the tasks are already published, because of the existing link with the Admin accounttasks)
There is no way to synchronize tasks with two accounts simultaneously. After deleting an old synchronization, restart your Outlook to make sure that it was deleted. The same with the calendar. After deleting one calendar you have to restart Outlook. Don't tell Outlook to remember login and password if you want to add an other calendar synchronization.

I want to submit a new problem. For the life of god, I can't find wh ere to click to do that
To add a post you have to be authorized in the forum. You can do that through your Bitrix24 portal.  (bottom of the portal)
Hi, Piotrt!
Piotr Sienkiewicz wrote:
1 - I went to that persons page (through employees), selcted her, went into (her) tasks, clicked New Task. In the form for defining the new task, the person responsible was... me. I had clicked about ten times to get to setting a task for her!! And now I have to clicke again, to set the person responsible as her, not me? crazy...
It's not a bug. By default the responsible person of the new task is the account holder. You don't have to go to the employee's profile, just select her/him in the field "responsible" in the task creation form.
2 - after setting her the task... it did not show up in the list of her tasks! But in the box on the right (Filter etc), when I click for example "Active", then they show up in the task list. I had not set any filters before, so what is the sens of not showing a newly created task?
By default filter shows all tasks. Firstly new task (blue color) will appear in the top of the list. After refreshing of the browser this task will take place in the list near other new tasks. In the top of the list are overdue tasks (red), then come new tasks that need confirmation (green), then come new tasks (blue).
But anyway you can set an other mode of task filter.

Best regards,
Anna
Anna Yakovleva wrote:
Hi, Piotr!

We've tested this situation of calendar synchronization with outlook, but didn't find the error. Maybe we have missed something. Please, create a ticket in our helpdesk and we'll find the decision together. In the ticket, please, specify your Outlook ver sion (year). How did you connect the Bitrix24 calendar with Outlook, with this button?
There is no way to synchronize tasks with two accounts simultaneously. After deleting an old synchronization, restart your Outlook to make sure that it was deleted. The same with the calendar. After deleting one calendar you have to restart Outlook. Don't tell Outlook to remember login and password if you want to add an other calendar synchronization.

I want to submit a new problem. For the life of god, I can't find wh ere to click to do that
To add a post you have to be authorized in the forum. You can do that through your Bitrix24 portal. (bottom of the portal)
Anna Yakovleva wrote:
Hi, Piotrt!
Piotr Sienkiewicz wrote:
It's not a bug. By default the responsible person of the new task is the account holder. You don't have to go to the employee's profile, just sel ect her/him in the field "responsible" in the task creation form.
By default filter shows all tasks. Firstly new task (blue color) will appear in the top of the list. After refreshing of the browser this task will take place in the list near other new tasks. In the top of the list are overdue tasks (red), then come new tasks that need confirmation (green), then come new tasks (blue).
But anyway you can set an other mode of task filter.

Best regards,
Anna
re "person responsible" - perphaps I did not express myself clearly. I am not saying its a bug. I'm saying its poor usability. Its OK if I set a task for a person (lets call her Sylwia) fr om my own tasks (My WOrkspace/Tasks). I select New Task, and then I have the Responsible Person default value = me. BUT - if I am in Comapny/Employees/Sylwia/Tasks, and then I select New Task, than clearly I want to set a Task for Sylwia, not me. I am working with her tasks! So the default Responsible Person should be Sylwia. If I have to select her for each task, and I am setting her 20 tasks, thanks a lot for the extra - unnecessary - work. Please treat this as free advice on usability.

re Filter etc. - Again, "perhaps I did not experss myself clearly". The problem is, that "by default" as you say, the filter should show all task, but it did not. I did not see the tasks I set for her! I tried this same prcedure again now, and this time it worked. Can't tell you what is the difference between the two attempts. So, lets drop this issue.
Anna Yakovleva wrote:
Hi, Piotr!

To add a post you have to be authorized in the forum. You can do that through your Bitrix24 portal. (bottom of the portal)
re Calendar appointment showing in Outlook as [Occupied] -
How do I create a ticket (I am on a free account)?
Its Outlook 2007
Yes, it was through the button you show.
rgrds
How do I create a ticket (I am on a free account)?
Each administrator can create a ticket in our helpdask. Free tariffs also are supported.
Thank you for your ticked, i was glad to help you.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24