Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Workgroups. New group creation.
Pages: 1
RSS
Workgroups. New group creation.
To create a new workgroup:

1. Choose the Group item from the drop down list of the Create button or the Create Group button in the Workgroups&amp>All Workgroups page.
  2. When the group creation form opens, enter the group name and description, specify if the group is visible to all users and if it is public.
    Visible to all means that the group is visible to all users who have an active account in your Bitrix24 instance. Otherwise, the group will be visible only to its members and users with administrative access to your intranet instance.
    Leave the Public group option unchecked if you require membership pre-moderation.
  3. Specify what features should be available in the group in the second tab of the form. Features can be enabled/disabled and access to them can be set at any time after the group is created.
  4. Invite users to the group in the third tab. Group Invitations will be sent to users via the instant messenger and users won’t become group members until the invitation is accepted.
  5. Specify keywords and who can invite users to the group in the fourth tab.
  6. That is all. Save settings and begin collaboration with colleagues.
1.png (10.52 Kb)
2.png (14.87 Kb)
3.png (17.72 Kb)
4.png (18.63 Kb)
5.png (55.07 Kb)
Hi Ann,

The steps are very helpful - however I seem to be missing the "The Group is available in extranet" option.

I am the administrator for our company.

Thanks for your help,

Corin

Apologies - have found the solution - was a licensing issue
Edited: Corin Burr - 06/13/2013 18:38:17
Hi, Corin!
The steps are very helpful - however I seem to be missing the "The Group is available in extranet" option.

I am the administrator for our company.

Thanks for your help,

Corin

Apologies - have found the solution - was a licensing issue
Right, the Extranet feature is available only for paid plans. You can view the Editions of Bitrix24 and the Features available here.
Hey,

Would be really important that you can invite only those employees who has not been invited yet.

Right now we have over 70 employees in our Company and always when I want to invite new employees to one of my workgroups, I have to know exact name or I have to invite all employees again.

Maybe you can fix this asap?
Edited: Sebastian Rchidi - 12/10/2013 02:56:07
Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for this feature suggestion, I've put it to our Dev Department.

Regards,

Yana.
How do you change out the logo of a workgroup to add in custom pictures for the different groups?

Thanks
Please inside the group click Actions>Group parameters>in the "Edit group XXXXX" window please click upload image> save with "edit parameters" tab.

We have been able to create new work groups until today and when we try to create a new work group by completing the save we receive a error "undefined". Do you know what is causing this?

Thank you,
Shawna
Hi Shawna,

We do not observe the problem on our PCs - so I kindly ask you to submit a ticket to our Help Desk for further investigation. Thank you.

Yana.
Hi,
I have created a few workgroups and invited colleagues to them.
One of my colleague cannot see the workgroups despite having been invited and having replied to the invite.
As the admin I have received the confirmation. But he can't see any of the workgroup of the company.
Any idea what the problem can be?
Thx,
Hi Yann,

Please contact our Help Desk with this workgroup settings screenshot & this explanation. Thank you.
Yana.
Hi,

is there a way to add ALL employees, or at least Departments as group members? its really tedious to add each and every single Employee to a company wide group.
i see there was one similar question in 2014... any progress on that?

ciao
franky
Ciao Frank,
Unfortunately this option is not available and you will have to add employees one by one to the group.
Cheers,
Yuliya
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24