Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Adding a Project
Pages: 1
RSS
Adding a Project, I need to add a simple project
I just downloaded Bitrix24 today. Initially I was optimistic but after searching everywhere i can find no option to add a new project. I also can find no where to set my password despite following their online guide. However, thats another story.

Heres what I expected to find in this package. A simple interface that would have a big shinny button with the words 'add new project' written on it. After adding my new project I would then expect to find another button saying something like " add a task to your project'. But hell no..I can only find a few on line guides blathering on about adding projects by doing something with work groups blah blah.

My company uses todoist team version for internal communication and we find it excellent. However, I need something simple to add out projects and display a simple gantt chart. The chart will show us the tasks related to each project with timescales etc as i'm sure you all know. Its this basic graphic feature i am after but its not already built into todoist. I have searched for a simple plugin to no avail. My company uses gsuite from google and this may be another option if google produce something that will link/integrate with their calendar.

Anyway i'm giving this product another few hours before its down the banks..lol

Off course any advice greatly appreciated.
Good day! You can change your password inside your Bitrix24 Network Profile Page.

Please note: Bitrix24 password can be changed only by the user inside own Bitrix24 Network profile Page, not by Bitrix24 intranet admin.

- To open your Bitrix24 Network Profile Page - login to
Bitrix24 Network and click “my Profile” option under your profile photo

Your feedback is very valuable to us and we are working every day to make Bitrix24 easier and more comfortable software for your everyday needs.

Regards,

Nick

But how do you add a project?!

I just signed up and am trying to use Bitrix to manage the last year of my PhD thesis. I'll probably be the only one using the software, although I may print out reports/plans for my advisor and committee. But yea, I'm still clicking around trying to figure out how to make a project.

Update: Is a workgroup actually a project? What if I want a "sub project?" Is that now a task? Right now my workgroup is "Thesis" and sub projects might be "Aim1" "Aim2" and "Aim3."

Please help. Thanks,
Alex
Edited: B24_14279759 - 08/09/2017 21:54:58
At the current, there is no sub Workgroup or Project in Bitrix24.
You can set up mother tasks as Aim1, Aim2, Aim3 and many subtask for each mother task after that.
Phuong Nguyen wrote:
You can set up mother tasks as Aim1, Aim2, Aim3 and many subtask for each mother task after that.
Hei buddy,

Disagree. There is a lot of options task to be assigned to. First You must create workgroup, then create a task and assign it to project using option in line "more", then sel ect "project" and choose fr om "my groups", where You will find Your group, as a project. Subtasks are created in the same way. After that You will find created project with all stuff that necessary in it. This is how I solved this problem.
I had the same question as the original poster.

So, following the response above, I created a task that now appears in the projects tab and for all the world looks like a project.

NOW I'm going to create sub-tasks, which function as plain old tasks in my "project".

If this is how it was designed to work, I think that the following term changes would make sense:
 Task > Project
 Sub-task > Task
Edited: B24_14435561 - 08/22/2017 21:23:56
B24_14298659 wrote:
Phuong Nguyen  wrote:
Hei buddy,

Disagree. There is a lot of options task to be assigned to. First You must create workgroup, then create a task and assign it to project using option in line "more", then sel ect "project" and choose fr om "my groups", where You will find Your group, as a project. Subtasks are created in the same way. After that You will find created project with all stuff that necessary in it. This is how I solved this problem.
Sorry for my not clearly answer. I mean that in Bitrix24, there is no sub workgroup or no sub Project.
You can manage the task as you answer. That 's right.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24