Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Recurring Tasks
Pages: 1
RSS
Recurring Tasks, Seeing Task on Calendar
Is recurring tasks available in the free edition?  Each time I set a task to recur, and then I look on the calendar it does not show it recurring at the interval.  If I go back to edit the task, there is no option to change the recurring time interval.
Yes, recurring task are available.
There is some obscure logic in the recurring tasks and how they are displayed in calendars now. We are thinking over the issue and will simplify it.

I will try to explain how recurring tasks work.
When a recurring task is created, a new record is added to a calendar for the current day,  and a new copy of the recurring task is added to the calendar on the day(s) that the task recurs.

When a recurring task is added, a new template that holds task data, including the repetition interval, is also created. So the period of tasks reiteration can be changed via the task template that should be opened from the tasks viewing form.
Hey Ann,

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out recurring task logic.

So from reading what you wrote down, if I understand correctly, to create a recurring task I:

Create task and set the date for the duration of the day? Then mark it as recurring and it will repeat daily?

What if I was looking for a task that only repeats every monday?
Hi Al,

If you are creating a new task and want it to be repeated each Monday (for example) then go to "More" section in the bottom of the "Full task form" and  choose "Repeat task" - "weekly" - "click Monday" (or any other day of the week), then choose "Start date" and "End date".

If you want to edit the existing task you need to go to this tasks's "Template" (that is created automatically when you add a new recurring task) For that go to "My Tasks" - "Create from task template" icon - and choose the name of the tasks you want to edit.

Add repeat the steps described above for a new task module (go to "More" section in the bottom of the "Full task form" and  choose "Repeat task" - "weekly" - "click Monday" (or any other day of the week), then choose "Start date" and "End date".)

For more news update and feedback on Bitrix24 we also invite you to follow our Facebook page and Twitter

Best regards,

Yana.
Hey Yana,

Thank you very much for the detailed response! That was very helpful. I missed the "More" link towards the bottom. Defiantly bookmarked for future reference.
Dear Mark,

You are welcome! For news update and feedback on Bitrix24 we also invite you to follow our Facebook page and Twitter

Best regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

We are starting in using the CRM and we have something that´s not working well for us: all the events/call/mettings scheduled in the CRM appears in the calendar. Is there any way of seeing in the calendar only the CRM meeting?

In owr work we need to schedule meeting for the colleagues (directly from the CRM). The problem is that is very difficult to see the availability of a colleague when everything is in the calendar (from the CRM - call, meeting, event,..).

Are we doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards
Alexandre
Hi Alexandre,

Is there any way of seeing in the calendar only the CRM meeting?

Unfortunately there are no settings available to choose which event types to include into the default (CRM) calendar. If you want to separate CRM events and other calendar's events, then here is what you can do: your employees should create a new calendar and mark it as "Add all invitations fr om other users to this calendar" - this is the calendar wh ere your employees should themselves add those events not connected with CRM. In this case the "default calendar" will be left for CRM events only.

Please note that the above-mentioned scenario will not unfortunately help to check availability of the concrete employer when creating a new event from the CRM - this is a feature suggestion for our Dev team.

Also note that the calendar can be displayed not only as "month" view, but also as "week" or "day" too - that may help you and your employees to ease orientation in the "events-rich" calendars.

BTW users can create events in their calendars and bind CRM entities to it. if you need to bind the event to a CRM element, click Select (More tab) to find and attach one. It will mark the event in the grid with a three-character chevron "CRM".

Sincerely,

Yana.
Hi Yana!

We continue with problems with this feature. Is there any other solution for the situation we asked above.

On the other hand, every time an employee schedules a meeting for other employee, the CRM creates another calendar. So...the same employee has a lot of calendar....this is a real problem for us!

Another question: is it possible to synchronize eith google calendar?

Thansk a lot.

Best Regards
Alexandre
Hi Alexandre,

I'm afraid only the solution I've described above - for now. As for your question about google calendar sync - you can enable your google calendar & Bitrix24 synchronization, but it will work the following way - in Bitrix24 there will appear a special calendar called ...@gmail.com - all events from your google calendar will automatically appear in that calendar, but from Bitrix24 to Google - will work only for this ...@gmail.com calendar, which means when creating new event you'll need to add it not to your company calendar, nor to personal, but to this new gmail calendar.
Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24