Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Calendars and Contacts synchronization with Apple products
Pages: 1 2 Next
RSS
Calendars and Contacts synchronization with Apple products
Users of Bitrix24 may connect the service’s calendars to their Apple device (Mac OS X, iPad, iPhone) and implement two-way sync. That is, when events in the Bitrix24 calendar are added or changed, these changes are displayed on the Apple device, and vice versa.

Also, users can add all the contacts to their devices and find data about any colleague at any time. This is one-way integration, that is, contacts are loaded to the device from Bitrix24, but cannot be loaded to it from the device. If a contact profile has changed, or if new contacts have been added, the information will be correspondingly upd ated in the device.

Calendar synchronization
  1. On your device, click Settings and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts.
  2. Click Add Account.
  3. Select Other > Add CalDAV Account.
  4. Specify your Bitrix24 address as server (<your_domain>.bitrix24.com). Use your login and password.
  5. A secure connection to domains is required, so indicate https protocol via port 1443 in the Advanced Settings of the CalDav account.
Your calendar will appear in the default Calendar application on your device.

Contact synchronization

1. Click Settings and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts.
  2. Click Settings and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts. Click Add Account.
  3. Select Other > Add CardDAV Account.
  4. Specify your Bitrix24 address as server (<your_domain>.bitrix24.com). Use your login and password.
  5. A secure connection to domains is required, so indicate https protocol via port 1443 in the Advanced Se ttings of the CardDav account.
Contacts will appear in the default Contacts application on your device.
Does not connect. At all. In Mac OS says:

The data downloaded from http://adg.bitrix24.com isn’t valid.

or

iCal couldn't discover the account settings for the CalDAV server “adg.bitrix24.com”.
Unfortunately, there is some bug with adding calendars in iCal on Mac OS using CalDAV. We'll provide the fix for this error shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Is it possible to synchronize Android with Bitrix24 (contacts and calendars)?
Since Android-based systems don’t have support CardDAV and CalDAV protocols by default, connection via this technology is not possible.

There are applications in the Android Market which facilitate connection. In this case, you’ll need to show the path to the calendar in Bitrix24, which will look something like: https://<your_company>.bitrix24.com/bitrix/groupdav.php/s1/<your_login>/calendar/2/. The exact path can be found under the “Mobile Connection” button beside the calendar grid in Bitrix24.

However, Google calendars can be connected and synchronized without additional software. Consequently, a Bitrix24 calendar can be synchronized with Google, which is in turn used to synch with an Android device.

To set up this type of synchronization, there are two steps: connect a Google calendar with Bitrix24, and then connect the Android device to this Google calendar.

To connect to Google, perform the following actions in Bitrix24:

1. On the Bitrix24 calendar page, in the Add menu, choose the ‘external calendar (CalDav)’ option.

2. Follow the instructions, entering the required dat a:

-Calendar name;
-Address for connecting to the external calendar: https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/YOUREMAIL@DOMAIN.COM/user
- User name and password to connect to the Google calendar (for your Google account)

To configure the connection between the Google calendar and an Android device:

1. Open Settings on the device and to the Accounts and sync tab.
2. Choose Add Account.
3. Choose Google Accounts as the account type.
4. Enter the email and password of your Google account.
5. Choose Sync Calendar – Done.

Synchronization of calendars is automatic and bi-directional.
I'm trying to sync Bitrix with my Google calendar, and I've added an external cal using "https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/YOUREMAIL@DOMAIN.COM/user "

But I'm not seeing any of my events on my Bitrix calendar.
I tried adding an event from my Bitrix calendar, and I do see it on my google calendar.
How can I make it sync both ways?
Hi,
Now you have 2 calendars (internal and external) that show on the calendar grid and are shown on the right hand side of the calendar page. These are actually 2 different calendars, even though they show on the same grid. If you want an event to display in the Google calendar, you need to select it in the 'calendar' field in the event creation pop-up.
Hi, I'm having some problems with your calendar application. I've setup my managing directors Ipad to sync with our caldav server in our Intranet - please note it is also synced with outlook 2010.

The problem im getting is that anything entered into outlook 2010 will sync with your server perfectly (time wise) but when it comes to outputting it from iCal on the ipad, all the appointments suddenly jump a few hours. Unfortunately I would love to be able to sit and play with it for a few hours to attempt to solve the problem mysef - but my MD is going to France for a few days, and from wednesday, she's stupidly busy and doesn't need her calendar on her iPad being out of sync (time wise) with her calendar that she set on her PC.

Can anyone help me?!
Ann Slyshkina wrote:
Unfortunately, there is some bug with adding calendars in iCal on Mac OS using CalDAV. We'll provide the fix for this error shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Has this been fixed? I am unable to establish a CALDAV link on my Apple MacBook Pro.
Ted
Yes, it has.

To add calendars to your iCal:
  1. Open Preferences of the Calendars and select Accounts.
  2. Add a New Account with the plus button at the bottom.
  3. Select the CalDAV account type.
  4. In the account parameters, enter your Bitrix24 domain as server address. Enter your user name and password.
Your calendars will appear in your iCal.
Ann,

I have followed these instructions several times with the following result:

'A secure connection couldn't be established.'

Ted
After saving account parameters, please edit it and enable SSL via the 1443 port.
HI,

I'm really new to this. i am unable to connect my Gmail Calendar to the bitrix24 system i keep getting the below error message

The CalDAV connection parameters are incorrect

i know that all my details are correct as i've just logged in with them.

https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/rtlcalendar24@gmail.com/user

your help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Dear Ian,
lets check the settings.

In field User Name you have to write your email address down
If Address to your calendar is https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/rtlcalendar24@gmail.com/user
Your User Name should be rtlcalendar24@gmail.com ( not just rtlcalendar24)
In field Password should be a password from your email (not from Bitrix24 account)

If you specify all this parameter, but the error still appears, please, show a screenshot of window with error.
Thanks!
BR, Anna.
I've connected the Bitrix24 calendar to my Mac Calendar app on my laptop.

I can see Bitrix24 calendar events on the my Mac calendar but I can not see any of my Mac calendar events when I am in the Bitrix calendar.

Any ideas?
Hello,

Please make sure that you add events to the Bitrix24 calendar on your Mac, but not to a default Mac calendar.
Ian Mackness wrote:
HI,

I'm really new to this. i am unable to connect my Gmail Calendar to the bitrix24 system i keep getting the below error message

thanks

I have the same problem. We are using Google Apps...

When I add https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/benjamin.buske@grupolatintec.com/user with my login information I get an error.
When I use my personal gmail account it works fine.

Any Ideas? I have tried several hours to find the issue, but so far without success.

Thank you in advance.
Edited: Benjamin Buske - 04/25/2013 08:45:54
Hi, Benjamin!
When I add https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/benjamin.buske@grupolatintec.com/user with my login information I get an error.
When I use my personal gmail account it works fine.
Unfortunately, our calendar doesn't support synchronization with corporate google account at the moment. I've passed this feature to or development department. We'll look for a fix.

Best Regards, Anna
Thank you for you reply.
Looks like we have to wait a little longer then.
Thank you for you reply.
Looks like we have to wait a little longer then.
Unfortunately, i can't tell you the term, because it depends on many factors. We'll do our best to find fix as soon as possible.

Best Regards, Anna
Ian Mackness wrote:
HI,

thanks
I am having the exact same problem. Is there a Solution
Benjamin Buske wrote:
When I add https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/benjamin.buske@grupolatintec.com/user with my login
Please try to use the following parameters to connect external calendar:
https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/benjaminbuske@grupolatintec.com/user
name: benjaminbuske@grupolatintec.com
password: <enter_your_password>

I mean that your real e-mail address contains the dot, but do not enter it while connection settings.

Jose Maliel wrote:
I am having the exact same problem. Is there a Solution
Here are the same recommendations as Anya gave.
Integrating my google apps calendar is so much necessary for me to use bitrix for my daily tasking. Hope you fix it soon.
Ajeesh Kumar wrote:
Integrating my google apps calendar is so much necessary for me to use bitrix for my daily tasking.
We do not observe problems with Google calendar integration. Please put in a support ticket with screen shots showing the process which you are using to make this connection.
Ann Slyshkina wrote:
Ajeesh Kumar wrote:
Integrating my google apps calendar is so much necessary for me to use bitrix for my daily tasking.
We do not observe problems with Google calendar integration. Please put in a support ticket with screen shots showing the process which you are using to make this connection.
Thank you
GUYS, good news we had the exact same problem as Ian and the rest of the guys here with syncing google calendar with bitrix24. I was going to write and paste my screen shot of wrong parameters.

Here is the solution: you need to set up a special password to go into the password field.
To set up this special password follow the instructions here: https://www.google.com/settings/account

Good Luck !
;)
Hi Stan,

Can you be a bit more specific? What do you mean by a "special password"? I click on https://www.google.com/settings/account and see my account details but don't see any link or something similar to a set of instructions to allow Bitrix24 sync with my calendar...the more details you give the better :))

Thanks in advance!
Hi David,

Can you please specify on which step of this instruction do you have a problem?

Users of Bitrix24 may connect the service’s calendars to their Apple device (Mac OS X, iPad, iPhone) and implement two-way sync. That is, when events in the Bitrix24 calendar are added or changed, these changes are displayed on the Apple device, and vice versa.

Also, users can add all the contacts to their devices and find data about any colleague at any time. This is one-way integration, that is, contacts are loaded to the device from Bitrix24, but cannot be loaded to it from the device. If a contact profile has changed, or if new contacts have been added, the information will be correspondingly upd ated in the device.

Calendar synchronization
  1. On your device, click Settings and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts.
  2. Click Add Account.
  3. Select Other > Add CalDAV Account.
  5. A secure connection to domains is required, so indicate https protocol via port 1443 in the Advanced Settings of the CalDav account.
Your calendar will appear in the default Calendar application on your device.

Contact synchronization

1. Click Settings and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts.
  2. Click Settings and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Accounts. Click Add Account.
  3. Select Other > Add CardDAV Account.
  5. A secure connection to domains is required, so indicate https protocol via port 1443 in the Advanced Se ttings of the CardDav account.
Contacts will appear in the default Contacts application on your device.
Regards,
Yana.
Hi There,

I think i have a similar problem.

I want to add the external calender from google. I know that my log in credentials are correct..

i used the following to url to connect the google calenders to my bitrix account.

some how i can not tell google that the connection is save. Let me know if there is a solution.

Gr. Mike
Edited: Mike Huisken - 10/21/2013 13:52:44
Hi Mike,

1) Please specify what exactly is your problem about? (screenshots applied will be very helpful).

2) In case you add google calendar (external calendar) to your Bitrix24 calendars - you should use only this link
i used the following to url to connect the google calenders to my bitrix account.
please use
https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/YOUREMAIL@DOMAIN.COM/user
Also note that if your gmail adress contains dot (.) you wil need to enter your gmail adress without the dot. (for example, if your adress is mike.255@gmail.com - you will enter mike225@gmail.com)

3)
some how i can not tell google that the connection is save. Let me know if there is a solution.
Please note that the connection that I refer to in an above post
A secure connection to domains is required, so indicate https protocol via port 1443 in the Advanced Se ttings of the CardDav account
is demanded for Bitrix24 calendar synchronization with mobile phone only. To add an external calendar to Bitrix24 calendars you do not need a secure connection.

Best regards,

Yana.
Hi

I keep seeing that 'this problem/bug is / will be soon fixed in 2012!

My iCal entries still jump several hours when imported from Bitrix. This is because the come in as Moscow Standard Time. This is not useful because I am in London UK
We are working on the Time Zone problem solution. There were some changes after the latest Apple updates that changed the way of determining time zones. Fixes will be applied quite soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Yana.
Question #1

I see here the different ways to pull calendar data from google calendar, but what about webcal links from other calendar services....

I use supersaas.com for allowing clients to login to the calendar and schedule services and appointments, with great control and functionality that google calendar doesnt have, but like most popular calendar services, they provide the webcal link to publish for example:

webcal://www.supersaas.com/info/webcal/1D83E0.ics

How can I pull this webcal into my bitrix?

Question # 2

I have added the google calendar to bitrix and I can see the events scheduled, but how can I share this calendar with the team or other employees?

Question # 3

In workgroup calendars, is there an option to import google calendars, because it seems that option is only available in my calendar in my "workspace".

Thanks!
Hi Jacob,

Question #1

Please follow here.

Question # 2

I have added the google calendar to bitrix and I can see the events scheduled, but how can I share this calendar with the team or other employees?
This option is not available yet, I've put your suggestion to our Dev team.

Question # 3

In workgroup calendars, is there an option to import google calendars, because it seems that option is only available in my calendar in my "workspace".

Actually not yet. Now you can only configure your favorite calendars to the group calendar (for example your google calendar) - but it will be seen only to you. But we are aware of this feature necessaty and may add it soon. Can you please give more details of this scenario - so that we could understand better the way you need this to work? Thank you.

Regards,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi Jacob,
Question #1

Please follow here.
Question # 2

This option is not available yet, I've put your suggestion to our Dev team.
Question # 3

Actually not yet. Now you can only configure your favorite calendars to the group calendar (for example your google calendar) - but it will be seen only to you. But we are aware of this feature necessaty and may add it soon. Can you please give more details of this scenario - so that we could understand better the way you need this to work? Thank you.

Regards,

Yana.

Limitations for calendars in bitrix seem to be the following:

1. Calendars made in "my workspace" cannot be shared with other team members.

2. You can only share calendars in bitrix that are created in "workgroups" Many calendars dont fit in a specific workgroup, and creating an new open workgroup just to create a sharable calendar seems highly inefficient and could quickly lead to cluttered useless workgroups.

3. Calendars cannot be added fr om webcal link. Only allowing google calendars to be imported is very restrictive, especially when almost any other crm with calendar functions will allow for standard webcal links.

4. Even if your calendar happens to be on google, you still cant share it with team members because you can only share calendars that were created in "workgroups", where imported calendars are not an option, and you can only import calendars from google in "my workspace", wh ere sharing is not an option.

5. Some events have an option to "add CRM items", which is great, but you cant add your leads or contacts from the crm, you literally have to leave your crm, go find the right calendar, find the right event they are invited to and then manually add them. It would be much more useful if you could schedule the CRM item to join an event from the lead or contact page.

6. Recurring events should be able to make modifications for single occurrences. Such as a recurring weekly staff meeting, and due to the holiday or unexpected reasons, you can change one instance of the event (meeting time) without modifying all previous and following events (meeting times). Also, details often change in recurring events, such as different staff required to attend or different leads and contacts could be scheduled for a weekly recurring event, but as it is, recurring events can make no modifications on single occurrences without changing all other instances of the event.

7. It would be nice to share calendars with extranet users, who could also request to join events, could have credits that could be consumed for events, and such.

We are a private school and with class schedules, activities, class resources, appointment scheduling, recurring events with multiple students, you can see for many service based industry like us, communication in a system like bitrix social network is helpful, but limited functionality of sharing calendars hinders education, gyms, spa, salons, and many other small social business.

Thats all for now! I hope the suggestions could help!

By the way, I missed out on the cyber monday special offer you guys had, that was a fantastic deal! I hope education pricing could get some specials like that!

: )
Edited: Jacob Wilson - 01/10/2014 16:02:07
Hi Jacob,

Thank you so much for suh a detailed explanation, it will be very useful for our Dev Team.

As for discounts and special offers, as you may know we offer 15% discount for schools and non-profits

We also invite you to follow our FacebookandTwitter for news and special offers updates.

Best Regards,

Yana.
I use MacOS (mail, iCal, contacts, etc).
I have set up my bitrix24 account and have synced the contacts and iCal between the OS and bitrix24.

How do I get my existing iCal events and Contacts to sync into bitrix24 so I can start using bitrix24 as my primary platform?
Hi Frederick,

Contacts: Users can add all the contacts to their devices and find data about any colleague at any time. This is one-way integration, that is, contacts are loaded to the device from Bitrix24, but cannot be loaded to it from the device.

Calendar: Users of Bitrix24 may connect the service’s calendars to their Apple device (Mac OS X, iPad, iPhone) and implement two-way sync. That is, when events in the Bitrix24 calendar are added or changed, these changes are displayed on the Apple device, and vice versa.

If the above-mentioned does not answer your question, please explain what is your problem exactly (detailed explanation of the problem would be helpful).

Thank you.

Regards,

Yana.
Benjamin Buske wrote:
Ian Mackness wrote:
HI,

...i am unable to connect my Gmail Calendar to the bitrix24 system i keep getting the below error message

thanks
Hello,
I have written tickets already about the Google Calendar Synchronization and no success.
I have been trying for weeks now to get the calendars synchronized for our employees. Mine ended up working by chance as I have actually made a mistake in my e-mail address. (I wrote namesurname@gmail.com instead of name.surname@gmail.com, which is wrong as my e-mail is with a "dot")

I am seeing all these messages on the Forum... and some are really getting old but the problem is still not fixed!
If so many people have trouble with this synchronization I don't understand why nothing can be done?

This will actually influence our decision if yes or no we will work with Bitrix in the future as we are still in "testing mode" because of things like that.
Hi Janika,

I have written tickets already about the Google Calendar Synchronization and no success.
Please give the ticket numbers so that we can help with the issue.

I am seeing all these messages on the Forum... and some are really getting old but the problem is still not fixed!
If so many people have trouble with this synchronization I don't understand why nothing can be done?
We do want to help our users with any kind of problems they may be experiencing. It will be very helpful if you give an explanation on which step of sync process are you experiencing difficulties (same for your employees - if the problem is the same or different).

This will actually influence our decision if yes or no we will work with Bitrix in the future as we are still in "testing mode" because of things like that.
Sorry to hear that.

Please note that we are working on this subject and any feedback will be helpful and highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Yana.
Hello Yana,
Thank you for your reply. My ticket is ID=12821. I have not actually kept writing there as the last thing I was asked was to change try changing Gmail account password. We cannot constantly change our passwords for testing purposes. We have many passwords and therefore we cannot change just for Synchronizing our google calendar to Bitrix.
In the ticket ID I gave you above you can see what my problem is. I ended up being able to synchronize my calendar, but no one else. And my e-mail address for the synchronization is still wrong. I did a mistake by not writing the "dot" in my e-mail address and then I received a ticket on the helpdesk telling my to try without the "dot" in my e-mail.
I would really appreciate if someone is able to fix this problem as it is extremely frustrating.
Thanks.
Kind regards
Janika
Thank you, Janika!

We'll take care of your ticket & will see what the problem is about with calendars sync.

Kind Regards,

Yana.

Thats all for now! I hope the suggestions could help!
Just a few more suggestions for calendar:

#1. Calendar view options.

1.1 Sun-Sat is default view, it would be great to set the start day to Monday or Tuesday, also removing some useless days in the calendar if the company is closed on certain days.

1.2 Time is set to 24 hour view by default. If we could set the time to begin at the beginning of the workday, and end at the end of the workday, it would save a lot of useless space, and details about the events or meetings could be more prominently displayed, more information could be readable without clicking or opening the event to see the details.

#2. Editing favorited calendars from the "My workspace calendar" I have subscribed to multiple calendars from different workgroups. Each workgroup already has it's own permissions for calendar editing... if those permissions are in the system already, it seems you should be able to edit your favorite calendars from the "my workspace" cal, but it is not possible. I must go to each workgroups, open each calendar and make different edits in different places.

#3. Integration with CRM. Adding contacts, lead, deals, to events on the calendar requires you to add them from the calendar, in the crm you can only creat a new meeting or activity.

For example: Our company schedules events every weekend to promote the product to clients who visit our location. From the CRM we can create/schedule new 10 meetings/events at the crm lead/contact page, but we cannot add leads/contacts to existing events on the calendar.

We would like to see events that can support multiple attendees, whom may be scheduled to join the event from the CRM pages.

Thank you always!
Jake
Hi Jacob,

Thank you for the suggestions, I've put them to the dev department.

BTW: CRM items can be added to the events from my space>calendar section (edit event>more>crm items). Unfortunately the functional is limited in CRM section (suggestion passed to the dev team).

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi,

Any update on adding in the google calendar into B24?

rgds,
Sunny
Hi,

I've checked from my gmail mailbox, seems like gmail assume that B24 is trying to hijack my mail account.
Any advise?

rgds,
Sunny
Hi Sunny Wong,
Sunny Wong wrote:
Any update on adding in the google calendar into B24?
Could you provide more details about what update you are waiting for?

Sunny Wong wrote:
I've checked from my gmail mailbox, seems like gmail assume that B24 is trying to hijack my mail account.
Please provide the error text and attach a screenshot.

Sunny Wong wrote:
My collaborators still get the same error. It's been a few months now, can you please do something about it as we still have not been able to syn our google calendar.
Thanks

It says The CalDAV connection parameters are incorrect, but i know I did everything OK.
Pages: 1 2 Next
1,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24