Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Calendar Sharing
Pages: 1
RSS
Calendar Sharing, How to write a meeting schedule on others Calendar
Hi All,
we have just configured two shared calendars for two employees. Each one would like to write a meeting on the others calendars. Every user have created his own calendar and sets the other user with access "full access" permission or "edit calendars and events" permission.

The main issue for me is that I cannot write to the others calendars because when I try to ADD a new event I can sel ect ONLY my personal calendar without having the opportunity to select the my colleague's calendar.

I found a workaround to bypass temporary this trouble, create an event fr om left menu - events and inviting users but this means that cre ate   event on my calendar and the others one look at mine. My target is to create directly an event ONLY on calendar of other use as for example a secretary that must fix meetings for his manager.

May you help me ? anyone has the same issue ?

Best
Hi Marco,

The main issue for me is that I cannot write to the others calendars because when I try to ADD a new event I can sel ect ONLY my personal calendar without having the opportunity to sel ect the my colleague's calendar.

This is the scenario our product works now, to solve your task the secretary (user 2) should:

1) open the profile page of the manager (user1) (profile page can be found through search or employees section)

2) open the manager's (user 1) calendar

3) add and\or edit events to the calendar

As for the option to add events fr om the user 2 (the secretary's) own favorite calendar's section - I've put the proposition to our Dev team.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Is there any preview for this issue: to schedule a meeting on others Calendar?

Best regards,
Alexandre Gonçalves
HI Alexandre,

Unfortunately no news on this subject for now. (only from other user's profile's page).

Regards,

Yana.
Regarding calendars... I gave all permisions to my managers... i invited them to the calendar individualy... i invited them through workgroup that i created and there is still no calendars showing in their bitrix interface... If i add the calendar through add other users calendars, they see the calendar but still cant edit it...

If i go through 3 points that you explaind it as a solution... i still dont have an option to add an event to other user calendar... Even if i am the admin and have alll permissions.

So i guess there is something that i dont understand.

There are a lot of answers that end up with...we comunicated this to our dev team and there is not much done on it in the end.

To have a "secretary" role to manage other users calendar or for more users to edit shared calendar is the basis of most small business crm users... i guess.
Hi Luka!

I'll try to help

If i add the calendar through add other users calendars, they see the calendar but still cant edit it...

That's correct - the "configure favorite calendars" option allows the user to list all favorite calendars at one place for "read" purpose only. If you need to edit other user's calendars - you will have to open the other user's profile page > calendar tab - here you will have a full access to other user's calendar. (as described in this FAQ )

If i go through 3 points that you explaind it as a solution... i still dont have an option to add an event to other user calendar... Even if i am the admin and have alll permissions.

This may be because you need to add access permission "administrators"="full access" for the user's calendar - you can do that in the admin mode. Please follow this steps:
1) Open your profile page
2) Enable admin mode
3) open other user's profile page
4) open other user's calendar section
5) In the Calendars left side list, next to the user's name calendar - click "edit" (calendar)
6) open Access Permissions
7) click add
8) add "administrators"=full access

Now you can exist the admin mode & access this user's calendar from the user's profile page (now you will be able to edit events)

Actually there are 2 ways - either to repeat this configuration to all user's calendars you are going to work with or simply switch on the admin mode when you will need to edit others' calendars.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Yana.
I just wanted to check on this calendar post.

Here is the problem we are facing: In a user's personal calendar, it is seemingly impossible for an administrator to give that person enough access permissions to edit a workgroup calendar.  Why is this?  We are hoping to be able to have this option be available.  Right now, even for moderators and admins, there is a comment that pops up that states "Cannot Drag'n'Drop This Event." and we would like to be able to give employees permission to "Drag'n'Drop" the events from their personal calendars in Bitrix so they do not have to leave their personal calendar, click on the workgroup, click on the calendar in that workgroup, move the event, and then go back to their personal calendar to view/add events on their personal calendar.

Shouldn't there just be a master calendar that the user can be given permissions to edit every event?  It appears that even moderators or admins can't be given these powers either.  Please advise.
Hi Micah!

Unfortunately you cannnot drag and drop events between different calendars, this action can be done in th frames of the same calendar only. What users can do is add workgroup as guest to their own calendar event - in this case the workgroup members will see accept\decline message in the workgroup Activity Stream (they won't see this event in the workgroup calendar) - if they chose to accept - those accpeted the invite will see this event listed in their personal calendar.

You can "Drag'n'Drop" events in the frames of the same calendar (e.g. workgroup calendar - all workgroup members can drag & drop this workgroup events (just check the access settings in workgroup>calendar>workgroup calendar settings>edit>access permissions)

Best,

Yana.
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24