Bitrix24 Community

Support » Forum » Projects and collaboration » Saved Searches or Filtered Task View Tags
Pages: 1
RSS
Saved Searches or Filtered Task View Tags
I want to add additional types of context to my tasks using tags.  I'd like to create custom filtered views of tasks or saved searches to show lists of tasks containing one or more matching tags.  Any way to do this?
Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately you cannot add a new filter with the conditions to search by tag field (created in the task form) - we've put the suggestion to the Dev team.

But what you can do is add tag to the task name and search by new filter with the condition <name contains tag> (for example name contains lemon>.  Please note that can help you to solve the problem with the saved filter for the particular tag (you can create several filters), but you will be able to filter only by this tag name. To do that you need:

1. Go to Tasks>All>click on the Filter Tab

2. In the Extended Filter form click <Add>. In the Create New Filter form click <Add condition>.
Set the condition Name contains tag (for example lemon). Save.

3. Set the tag for your task in the name field. Apply the special tag filter. As you may see below you will have a list of tasks with the word lemon in it's name.

Though the solution is not as comfortable as tag search , hope it will help.

Kind Regards,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

what are tags good for then? I dont see how Bitrix24 is working with tags at all.

Thanks
Tomsa
Hi Tomáš!

Tags in tasks help to find necessary tasks fast, would you suggest any particular scenario on tags in tasks that you (your team) would find helpul? If yes, please share. Thank you.

Best,

Yana.
Yana Prokopets wrote:
Hi  Tomáš!

Tags in tasks help to find necessary tasks fast, would you suggest any particular scenario on tags in tasks that you (your team) would find helpul? If yes, please share. Thank you.

You definitelly need to add filter by tags. What is the reason then to add tag if you can not use them in search? And I think clicking the tag is also a good feature to go this kind of search.
You definitelly need to add filter by tags.

Hi Aidar, filter by tag is available in All tasks>Filter>Extended.

And I think clicking the tag is also a good feature to go this kind of search.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana,

Just following up this topic. I knew that tag-searching is an extended component in filter tool. Also I noticed that those added tags will be saved in a life period(though I'm not sure how long they will be kept). What can be improved is that the extended filter component doesn't have its own way of caching/saving settings, or, to be specifically, not securely saved.

By securely-saved I mean it gets saved only if you stay in the same page and keep doing search. When you leave that page, do regular search, log out and log in, you lose the settings.
I think it would be great to have a mechanism to save extended filter settings as the way My filters provides, or to make My filters interface have extended component hooked up.

The reason I start following this topic is because I'm looking for a way to save custom filters with different sets of tags. :D

Cheers,
YiMin
Edited: YiMin Fan - 10/23/2015 23:59:11
Hi YiMin,

Thanks for brinning our attention to this - we'll have a closer look at this scenario.

Best,

Yana.
If I understand it right - fr om YiMin Fan post - there is a request for possibility to create/save new filter in tasks similarly as in the CRM (Leads, Contacts, etc.) wh ere this feature is already present.

Then I vote for this :-)
Hi B24_4771109,

Thanks, we'll see what we can do for tasks filters & tags. BTW we're going to have a new release this spring, stay tuned!

Best,

Yana.
Hi Yana, has this feature been created? I still don't see any way to filter view of tasks by tags.  
Hi Rachel!

Unfortunately not. We did some improvements in Tasks - such as custom fields, email to task, add external users to tasks by email, also changed the task form view. But the tags option hasn't been modified yet.

Best,

Yana.  
Pages: 1
2,000,000+
organizations
are already using Bitrix24